New job = New focus = Still a good life

Comments

• Hey INOD thanks and woop to another '68-er :D

Hope you get some fun into that grown up and proper bit too.

:D always happy to ponder gardens :)

Although the one I'm kept hostage in makes me X-HAUSTED
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Faints at idea of walking 114 miles or whatever even although it is pretty damm coast :eek: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    50 is good.
    Have to say that '62 is THE year though :p :cool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,693 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    :rotfl: you lot :rotfl:

Excellent list pippi - love how many of them involve food :rotfl: :rotfl:

Are we allowed to suggest things? :D I reckon you should enter a biggest vegetable competition :D love the idea of you mollycoddling some ludicrously overgrown veg, like that happy man with his giant onion :D:D :rotfl:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Faints at idea of walking 114 miles or whatever even although it is pretty damm coast :eek: :rotfl:
    I thought I might take the year to do it! :)
    :rotfl: you lot :rotfl:

Excellent list pippi - love how many of them involve food :rotfl: :rotfl:

Are we allowed to suggest things? :D I reckon you should enter a biggest vegetable competition :D love the idea of you mollycoddling some ludicrously overgrown veg, like that happy man with his giant onion :D:D :rotfl:

Did someone say food :)

Giant veg oh my - I'm tiny it would look very silly and of course you can throw ideas into the pot I shall ponder your links. :T

Todays progress is made it to work on time after a marathon tidy :eek: for the cleaner who cleans and does not tidy. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Packed lunch and mutts with me as its a I can walk them sometime over the day kinda day.

Have a good one folks, nice to have some headspace to be on here.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Definitely up for joining you on some walking of that coastal path - and loving some of those other plans too!

Your dinner with DD sounded lovely - I've never eaten Japanese food aside sushi!

Good to have you back anyhoo - and also to hear that you've FINALLY jettisoned the silly work levels - about time too! :T:D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Definitely up for joining you on some walking of that coastal path ........

I think this is a spiffing idea (says Greying, seemingly inviting he'self along to t'proceedin's........ :o:p), what if (for part of the walk) you were joined by Friends (RL & 'Virtual' - but with RL 'hats, macs & stout footwear' on) & Family, that represented, oh, I don't know - all the generations/decades from 0 - 100??? (depends on who y'know, natch :D). We all pootle along, and then have a 'beach barbecue' or a beach picnic - with anyone who's 'MSE' allowed the privledge of bringing YS'd stuff... :rotfl::rotfl:

It's got legs........ :rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    I think this is a spiffing idea (says Greying, seemingly inviting he'self along to t'proceedin's........ :o:p), what if (for part of the walk) you were joined by Friends (RL & 'Virtual' - but with RL 'hats, macs & stout footwear' on) & Family, that represented, oh, I don't know - all the generations/decades from 0 - 100??? (depends on who y'know, natch :D). We all pootle along, and then have a 'beach barbecue' or a beach picnic - with anyone who's 'MSE' allowed the privledge of bringing YS'd stuff... :rotfl::rotfl:

It's got legs........ :rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X

Count me in.
    Will come along to cheerlead :)

• troglodyte
    troglodyte Posts: 697 Forumite
    Yay glad you're back! And of course glad you have cut back on the unfeasible working hours - even if it does feel very odd. Looking forward to reading about many more stripey adventures!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure