Anyone used the Shpock app?

Options
thriftymanc
thriftymanc Posts: 787 Forumite
MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

If you're looking for ways to sell your items but don't want to spend big on fees our Facebook selling tips should help.

Back to thriftymanc's original post...

---

Just as the title says really... anyone used it to sell anything? Good/bad experiences?

Comments

• Oldfatgrumpy
    Options
    I have it on my phone but absolutely nothing of interest on sale anywhere near me, and the descriptions/offers/enquiries relating to listed items indicate a very poor level of literacy.
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    no different than gumtree or facebook groups really , downloaded it checked locally seen nowt i like so deleted it
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • GadgetGuru
    Options
    Is it a free service or do you have to pay for it?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you send private messages on it.
  • ValleyVagabond
    Options
    I've not used Shpock but was thinking about it. Reading the help pages I found this about sending a private message in Shpock.

"Q: Can I send a private message?
    To communicate with a seller you may either ask questions about the item open for everyone to see or use the “Make an offer” function. If you want to ask something private before making your offer, make a 0 offer stating that this is only to exchange private information and have a private conversation with the seller. You may continue that chat after an offer is accepted to agree on a pickup point and other practicalities."

Hope this helps.
  • LittleOne
    LittleOne Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    I have used Shpock a few times now. I find it really straight forward and easy to use.

A lot of people seem to not use it properly, though. You can comment on photos and make an offer which the seller can accept and then you can arrange collection details etc in the comments section (for everyone to see!) Or, you make an official offer which the buyer can then decline or accept and then you are able to swap details privately.

I got a Christmas tree on there for £5 last year and I sold my old mobile phone and various other little bits and pieces.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I like Shpock. It's not the quickest selling platform in the world but I have had success on there. Seems to be a lot of users in my area as well.

I found it pretty good for getting rid of old phones.
  • in_the_Cotswolds
    Options
    I've also used it. Although items don't sell very fast. I did however sell my iPhone 5s on there. Face to face transaction buyer collected and paid cash.
  • Ting-Tang
    Ting-Tang Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    I downloaded it yesterday for the first time, after reading this thread and already I've made a sale! (The money has changed hands and everything).

I'm sure it's beginners luck though and I'll never make another one....
  • mossstitchmama
    Options
    I've had quite a bit of success with it. I'm slowly selling off the mountain of junk in the spare room. I even had a man travel from Sheffield to buy some metal trains (I live in Birmingham).

No complaints so far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure