PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Has anyone bought or sold using JKM property solutions, Burton ?

Hi all, I've cross-posted on HUKD misc, but may get more info here. Wondering if anyone has dealt with the above company before, sounds interesting. I'm looking to sell but would value anyone's experiences with them as seller or buyer.

From their website:
How does it work?

The basic concept is that JKM enhance the profile of a property by offering it for sale with fully guaranteed extras for the purchaser such as a new kitchen or bathroom or windows and doors for example.

Simply explained:

The Seller decides the price they are looking to achieve for the property.
Our experienced professional Partnership Director sits down and discusses with them what work can be done to the property to make it even more attractive to purchasers.
If we are able to offer the Solution we will guarantee to provide and install for the purchaser some or all of the following:

Kitchen Bathroom Driveway
Central Heating Electrics Windows
Patio Decorating Carpets
Garden Skirting
Internal doors Plastering
Fencing Extension

Our experienced Partnership Director will know the maximum price that the property is likely to achieve once the works have been carried out. We will only offer the Solution if the net price the Seller wants to receive together with the cost of the works is at or below market value. If the selling price cannot be justified as reasonable from day one we will politely decline to offer the Solution.
If we are able to offer the Solution a full schedule of works will be agreed.
We will liaise with their Estate Agent on the marketing of the property.
When the sale of the property completes, JKM will issue an invoice for the works that have been completed and the Seller will make payment from the proceeds of their sale.
We guarantee that there are no surprises ¬ everything is explained in simple terms, documented and we will deliver on what has been agreed.
All we stipulate is that the parties use one of a panel of local and national conveyancers and give certain instructions to their Estate Agent to work with us.
Everything we do comes with a full insurance-backed guarantee for materials and workmanship.

Comments

• Hi, i have a property to sell at the moment with your move and they have recommended this company. Any feedback appreciated.Thanks
  • About 3 months ago I saw a call centre operative position vacancy advertised at the job centre. I sent my CV and thought nothing more of it. About two weeks ago I got invited to an recruitment day at JKM. I was asked if I would like to go to the 10am or 2pm one, so I decided to go in the afternoon. The receptionist was the person who arranged this with me as she said that the lady who normally deals with recruitment is on holiday. She sent me an email confirming the times etc and also an application form to fill out in my handwriting. When I opened the email it was an application form, for what seemed to be for a self employed vacancy. Obviously I was confused and decided to go and look on their website to see if the vacancy was advertised on there. Only to be greeted with an advert for an open day and a write up under 'recruitment' about how you have to be hardworking etc. I could not see anything about a call centre position.
    So i became suspicious about the role because I read somewhere about how they provide you with an ipad and various gadgets such as a digital camera etc.

So I rang them and they said that they had a number of roles available so I just thought I would go along and see what it was all about.

Anyway, I turned up at the office in Burton on Trent along with around 20 other people. We were given name badges and had our picture taken (which i thought was a little strange so early on) and went and sat in what looked to be a board/meeting room with lots of chairs and one big table.

The training manager started procedings descibing how we will be 'blown away' and how 'no one else is doing this' and its an 'amazing opportunity' for us to be part of.

Straight away I was suspicious. The product to me was pointless. He began about going on about the house market being slow and no one can get mortgages, to the fact that they fit new bathrooms and kitchen into the sellers property to make it more appealing to buyers. But i was thinking 'but if no one can get mortgages in the first place the surley this is a waste of time??? Even the most lovely houses that dont need altering are having problems selling. He went on to say that they dont make any money from the seller or buyer- its all made through the work they carry out on the houses. Aload of rubbish if u ask me. If the seller would have to drop the price of the house, which would therefore (along with the work they pay them for) leave them out of pocket.

I left as soon as they said the interview was 2.5 hours long! They wanted us to do lteracy and numercy tests follwed by a presentation and then i think an individual interview. He said he had 2 telesales people already and he wanted to double that (so four) and he had around 20 people in the room, had already done a session at 10am and also on other days!!! ridiculous!!

Im not sure what is going on here- whether they will eventually offer you a job and you have to pay something upfront to join the company or registar im not sure. Friends of mine have been for jobs and theyve eneded up being scams.

I really hope its not because their was people there who had obviously lost their jobs due to the recession and this is just disgraceful if its not genuine!

They always say if somethings to good to be true it normally is...watch this space!

if this is a genuine recruitment drive, this company really needs to look into how they can improve there recruitment - when ringing the receptionist who sent me the application form etc and asking about the interview, one of the girls at the interview was told 'i dont no anything about what happens on the day'

hmmmmm so you tell me if this is normal procedings??
  • tyler80
    tyler80 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Not used them, I laughed at them on the "have a look a this thread though"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=43856948&highlight=#post43856948
  • The profit in each property is £8250 that is what the buyer pays, this is built into the price of the refurb so you wont see it. The commission, if you sell a property is 20% of the profit, but you are on a retainer for 4 months then all on your own no basic. I do hope Harry Hill reads this and extracts his investment from JKM as quickly as possible. The company has pulled in some top investors but is being run by people who dont know how to run a business. The concept is great but not being run correctly. Cheers G
  • By the way i used to work for JKM.
  • We are looking at the JKM Property Solution at the moment after they had been proposed by our agent as an enhancement to selling our property.

The agreement & instructions we got are particularly onerous & I assume they are standard issue. If you are no good at making sense of contractual documents then ask for independent advice, if necessary from a solicitor. They will probably tell you to bin them & ask for something fairer, for you the vendor or even avoid the company.

Do not sign unless you are happy to give a virtually unknown company pushing a new concept complete control of your sale & even deposit!

Also have asked for references from JKM, as you would anytime you we looking to have a new contractor come to do work in your home but no sign of anything yet.

I think the whole concept warrants further investigation, even their website is vague & slightly contradictory.

I have also just emailed Which? asking if they know anything about JKM. Will post any useful response here.
  • MissMotivation
    MissMotivation Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Please, anyone who is thnking of using this "Company" to buy or sell, make sure you fully understand the implications before jumping in head first.

They market the solution as not costing the Seller or the Buyer anything but this is incorrect, Sellers pay by acheiving substantially less than they would do by going down the traditional sales route and Buyers are paying over market value! The RICS survey report that they commission to prove that the prooerty is worth what the buyer is paying is commission by JKM.......think about it!
    My home is usually the House Buying, Renting and Selling Forum where I can be found trying to (sometimes unsucessfully) prove that not all Estate Agents are crooks. With 20 years experience of Sales/Lettings and having bought and sold many of my own properties I've usually got something to say ;)
    Ignore......check!
  • MissMotivation
    MissMotivation Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    edited 9 August 2011 at 1:27PM
    trace21 wrote: »
    About 3 months ago I saw a call centre operative position vacancy advertised at the job centre. I sent my CV and thought nothing more of it. About two weeks ago I got invited to an recruitment day at JKM. I was asked if I would like to go to the 10am or 2pm one, so I decided to go in the afternoon. The receptionist was the person who arranged this with me as she said that the lady who normally deals with recruitment is on holiday. She sent me an email confirming the times etc and also an application form to fill out in my handwriting. When I opened the email it was an application form, for what seemed to be for a self employed vacancy. Obviously I was confused and decided to go and look on their website to see if the vacancy was advertised on there. Only to be greeted with an advert for an open day and a write up under 'recruitment' about how you have to be hardworking etc. I could not see anything about a call centre position.
    So i became suspicious about the role because I read somewhere about how they provide you with an ipad and various gadgets such as a digital camera etc.

So I rang them and they said that they had a number of roles available so I just thought I would go along and see what it was all about.

Anyway, I turned up at the office in Burton on Trent along with around 20 other people. We were given name badges and had our picture taken (which i thought was a little strange so early on) and went and sat in what looked to be a board/meeting room with lots of chairs and one big table.

The training manager started procedings descibing how we will be 'blown away' and how 'no one else is doing this' and its an 'amazing opportunity' for us to be part of.

Straight away I was suspicious. The product to me was pointless. He began about going on about the house market being slow and no one can get mortgages, to the fact that they fit new bathrooms and kitchen into the sellers property to make it more appealing to buyers. But i was thinking 'but if no one can get mortgages in the first place the surley this is a waste of time??? Even the most lovely houses that dont need altering are having problems selling. He went on to say that they dont make any money from the seller or buyer- its all made through the work they carry out on the houses. Aload of rubbish if u ask me. If the seller would have to drop the price of the house, which would therefore (along with the work they pay them for) leave them out of pocket.

I left as soon as they said the interview was 2.5 hours long! They wanted us to do lteracy and numercy tests follwed by a presentation and then i think an individual interview. He said he had 2 telesales people already and he wanted to double that (so four) and he had around 20 people in the room, had already done a session at 10am and also on other days!!! ridiculous!!

Im not sure what is going on here- whether they will eventually offer you a job and you have to pay something upfront to join the company or registar im not sure. Friends of mine have been for jobs and theyve eneded up being scams.

I really hope its not because their was people there who had obviously lost their jobs due to the recession and this is just disgraceful if its not genuine!

They always say if somethings to good to be true it normally is...watch this space!

if this is a genuine recruitment drive, this company really needs to look into how they can improve there recruitment - when ringing the receptionist who sent me the application form etc and asking about the interview, one of the girls at the interview was told 'i dont no anything about what happens on the day'

hmmmmm so you tell me if this is normal procedings??

The staff turnover at this company is ridiculous. They hold these "Recruitment" days roughly every three months and set on approx 25% of the people they see on the day....any of these people have absolutely no sales skills or transferable skills and then they wonder why they leave so quickly. :rotfl:
    My home is usually the House Buying, Renting and Selling Forum where I can be found trying to (sometimes unsucessfully) prove that not all Estate Agents are crooks. With 20 years experience of Sales/Lettings and having bought and sold many of my own properties I've usually got something to say ;)
    Ignore......check!
  • Shortcircuit
    Shortcircuit Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 9 August 2011 at 6:12PM
    Please, anyone who is thnking of using this "Company" to buy or sell, make sure you fully understand the implications before jumping in head first.

They market the solution as not costing the Seller or the Buyer anything but this is incorrect, Sellers pay by acheiving substantially less than they would do by going down the traditional sales route and Buyers are paying over market value! The RICS survey report that they commission to prove that the prooerty is worth what the buyer is paying is commission by JKM.......think about it!

They also expect the Seller to allow their contractors free access to the property between exchange & completion i.e. move out during that period to carry our the improvement works. Another hidden cost - will probably need to rent & store during that period which all costs!
  • They also expect the Seller to allow their contractors free access to the property between exchange & completion i.e. move out during that period to carry our the improvement works. Another hidden cost - will probably need to rent & store during that period which all costs!

Yes, the neglect to tell people this until they are too far down the line to object, shocking really!
    Ignore......check!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport