Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 March 2017 at 1:26PM
    I've just started a 6 month off period but was having an increasing number of boxes and PO items over the last few months. I thought it might have been as they were short of panellists as I did 12 month without a break.
    At the end, I was posting PO items that would usually go in the box outside the PO, at a PB close to my home as it was becoming too much effort to make the journey to my usual PO BUT I did post on the actual day of the week requested which I think is their main criteria.
    They used to say you would receive 1 item a month that needed handing over at the PO but seem to have altered the boundaries.
    Looks as though everyone affected needs to complain.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The most hand over counter items I have had was 1 each on 2 consecutive weeks but that split across 2 months, last and first weeks. Luckily my PO is a 10 minute round walk. The most items I have had to post in a week was 5 and 3 of them were the same day.

Still receiving items posted this week even though I finished last week, maybe they are week late postings.

I think we are all well aware that TNS could not organise a proverbial in a brewery :o
  • Annft
    Annft Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi could anyone help me please. I need to post my letters next Monday and have just received my smarts (on a piece of card as in training) do i enter these today as received items or I am supposed to wait till next week? Do I then go on and enter sent details on Monday? Can't see anything for sent items - does it become visible on Monday?
    Sorry for all the questions.
    Thanks
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Annft wrote: »
    Hi could anyone help me please. I need to post my letters next Monday and have just received my smarts (on a piece of card as in training) do i enter these today as received items or I am supposed to wait till next week? Do I then go on and enter sent details on Monday? Can't see anything for sent items - does it become visible on Monday?
    Thanks
    When the SMARTs are sent to you, you don't need to log them. That's just your posting pack. You don't need to log when you receive the packs with the envelopes etc for you to send items, either.

You need to log in and enter when you send the items. You'll need to know where you posted them (which road the post box was on) and what time you posted them. If the website won't let you do it on Monday you can enter the details at a later date.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 March 2017 at 12:44PM
    You do not have to record receipt of anything sent by TNS so no need to enter training Smarts.
    Have you looked under "posting plan" for next week's schedule? And you should also receive a paper schedule with the listing.
    Have you looked at the Training Information online which should help you?
    I haven't done training for over one year so if I am incorrect with any of this I'm sure someone will correct me.
    Once you get through the training it should all fall into place for you.

Thanks to Elsien & ChrisV (see following posts) for giving up to date information.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks

They'll have a piece of paper with them with an R number on if they need to be recorded as a received item. Otherwise there is usually and enclosed letter telling you they've been sent out for future use.
    I did get one I had to record as received before I started sending things, if I remember rightly.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    edited 7 March 2017 at 8:03PM
    Thanks

Hi Ann, I'm in training (again!). Did your cardboard smarts come with a paper with an R???? number on it?
    If so, you need to log in today and record these as 'Received Items'.
    Then you can go to your posting plan, click for 'following week' click on each item, and prepare it for posting.

Edit - Xposted with elsien :)
  • Annft
    Thanks for the replies. Yes it did have a letter with a R number on. I have just gone on and all the info was there for me to enter. Thanks very much for the help. Another question...... can you only see what to post a week in advance?
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Thanks for the replies. Yes it did have a letter with a R number on. I have just gone on and all the info was there for me to enter. Thanks very much for the help. Another question...... can you only see what to post a week in advance?

Yes, only 1 week in advance.
  • Annft
    Many thanks for all the replies, you have all been very helpful. I have printed off the FAQ and will refer to it if I get stuck.:)

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport