Voucher for help with cat/dog vaccinations

Comments

• Anyone know if this is available in Northern Ireland?
  • This is a fantastic post! Just printed off vouchers for 2 cats and their usual vet is participating:D I stand to save quite a lot of money here so thanks OP:beer:
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have just had mine done!!!! my registered vet was doing this promotion anyway. The first lot of jabs cost me £47 as i went for everything + feline lukemia, and then the next lot in 3 weeks is free.

I dont have my pets done every year as i have seen so much research that it is unnecessary as the protection does not run out for a good few years, and can also cause more problems by over-vaccinating.

My vet has never had a problem with this, and he treats my cat no differently.

I have not had her vaccinated since 2001 until today and then that will probably last her another 6-7 more years.

If she has ever been unwell she is taken straight to the vet, and treated immediately so we are responsible pet owners!!!

Each owner has to make there own decision but i personally feel over-vaccination can cause problems.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I found two local vets that were in it & rang both yesterday.

I wanted to know just the "normal" regular price anyway, as I'm not very impressed with the local vets & wanted to know which done the jabs cheapest as they may be the most reasonable for other things.

The first one want £52 for just the normal booster & had never heard of the scheme & suggested I ring their other store to see if they were running it:rolleyes:

The second one quoted £40 & started to tell me about the scheme without realising I already had a voucher, how nice:D
    Needless to say hes booked in next Saturday, they are town centre, but have a car park:D

Those jab prices are for everything + feline lukemia.
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    elvis_girl wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is available in Northern Ireland?

Have you looked on the website?
  • be aware, this is for a full course of vaccinations, not a booster, if you read the small print the dog is having the entire course restarted, but if your dog only needs a booster then you arent saving any money, even if your booster is 18 months overdue you do not need to restart a full course of vaccinations?
    something missing
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    As I've been quoted £40 & £52 for the same cat jab (everything + feline lukemia).
    I would love to hear what others have been charged?

Perhaps dog owners would like to compare too?
  • chuckie79
    chuckie79 Posts: 106
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hmc wrote: »
    hi
    great thanks
    can i ask how long its valid as dog isnt due till october
    thanks

This voucher is only valid for animals that are well overdue boosters or have never had any vaccinations to try and encourage pet owners to vaccinate their animals. Wish it did cover all animals though I've just paid for boosters for my 2 cats :)
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My wife works in a dogs and cats home - maybe they could use this?
  • Nomad25
    Nomad25 Posts: 1,995
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    elvis girl: I checked this a.m. and nope as usual we [NI] are at the ar** end of nothing. Mind u I don't think I'd qualify as mine are done on an annual basis.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure