IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lidl parking charge

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    classix wrote: »
    Is there a template email to send to the ceo of Lidl and what exactly would i say to justify the oversty?

No - you just do it from the heart, from a regular customer (attach copies of previous receipts, bank/cc statements) who will become an ex-customer if Lidl find it more important that Athena get £90 from you and they (Lidl) lose you and your family members as customers.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wouldn't be good if there was a thread called 'Successful Complaints about PPCs' linked in the NEWBIES FAQs, showing pretty much very complaint to retailers, made for about 5 years...with a very recent linked post all about Lidl.

Oh, wait...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • classix
    classix Posts: 48 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've looked through those posts and unless I've missed it i haven't seen one where someone in my situation had the charge cancelled.

We are not overly regular shoppers and just popped in to see if their were any bargains
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I've looked through those posts and unless I've missed it i haven't seen one where someone in my situation had the charge cancelled.
    Looking for an identical (or even similar) situation is an error many make. You will have wasted a great deal of time looking for such. Forget that, just get a complaint in to the CEO.

You don’t have to tell him you are ‘occasional’ customers, just tell him that you are ‘customers’, that’s all he needs to know. He doesn’t know you from Adam, so won’t be able to determine what ‘ kind’ of a customer you are. A customer is a customer - and should be king (or queen).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

We are not overly regular shoppers and just popped in to see if their were any bargains

Loads of people over the years have had charges cancelled when browsing, and even people who've taken the mickey and wandered to other shops - depends how assertive the complaint is and how amenable the Store manager is. Definitely seen lots of successes (they are not ALL in that thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • classix
    Options
    I emailed ceo and got a reply back from customer services asking me to send receipts from this visit or previous visits and my reg number and they will sort it.

Problem is i have no receipts. Can't say that we keep receipts for shopping at a supermarket
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    I emailed ceo and got a reply back from customer services asking me to send receipts from this visit or previous visits and my reg number and they will sort it.

Problem is i have no receipts. Can't say that we keep receipts for shopping at a supermarket

Did you pay by card?

You could show them statements and it proves you shop there?
  • classix
    Options
    We use cash and anyway they refuse to accept credit card statements
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Just tell them then that you only use cash and you’ve never once contemplated retaining receipts for perishable goods just for the off chance that you might be hit by a parking ticket some weeks/months later.

If retaining such receipts is so important for regular cash customers to avoid being hounded by a third party parking company, then Lidl should be making that very clear to such customers via notices in stores and by advice from till operators at the point of paying cash for their goods. There must be so many cash customers using Lidl, that surely there is a duty of care placed on the company to protect such customers from the ravages of its parking dogs.

• classix
    Options
    Success! I managed to get Lidl to cancel the charge. Thanks for all the advice.

Should i contact Athena as i have made no contact with them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure