Lloyds internet banking - Automated Alert messages!!!

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jeallen01 wrote: »
    EXCUSE ME - please wander off in any direction that you care to choose (and as quickly as possible)!!!!!

I did NOT ask for compensation - although I think it is deserved where a bank or other body with strong financial responsibility makes errors which could affect us, their customers.

That's why I suggested that anyone else affected should "hammer" them because, hitting in the pocket and making their errors widely visible is often the only way to get them to systematically find, acknowledge and fix their issues, because, if they make errors like this one (AND apparently claimed to have fixed it a month ago but obviously had not!) then that points to systematic failures in their organisation and processes.

Very mildly annoying, keep a sense of proportion.

It's also an open forum so you'll fortunately have to put up with other people's opinions, if you don't like that probably best not to post.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,270 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's why I suggested that anyone else affected should "hammer" them because, hitting in the pocket and making their errors widely visible is often the only way to get them to systematically find, acknowledge and fix their issues, because, if they make errors like this one (AND apparently claimed to have fixed it a month ago but obviously had not!) then that points to systematic failures in their organisation and processes.
    Some poor sod probably made a mistake when they queued the messages up in the system. No doubt the more people who complain, the harder the consequences will will be on them. I can't really see any reason to incite others to "hammer" the bank over this mistake, other than the pursuit of vengeance. If it is a real issue, others will complain without being encouraged.

I think you'd have a happier life if you learned to let things like this go. :)
  • jeallen01
    jeallen01 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2017 at 3:11PM
    I welcome other peoples' opinions (provided they are proportional and reasoned) especially given that this is a consumer-oriented forum, but the poster in question appeared to be supporting the organisation that was responsible for the issue rather than the people who were/might be affected by it, or by other "hidden" issues yet to be revealed - and those are the really worrying ones because we have all heard of the effects of security issues on financial institution.

If such an organisation can make relatively trivial errors (and, in the overall scheme of things, this was one of those), and has claimed to have fixed them but has not, then should we not worry about their ability to prevent more serious ones?
    For very many years I was involved in hosting, and later performing, product safety and company QA audits in manufacturing organisations - and it was/is an axiom of inspectors that if you only just scratch the surface of a system and yet find errors and issues, then it's a fairly good bet that you are going to find a lot more, and more serious, ones deeper down.
  • jeallen01
    I thought "someone" was going to "wander off" - about time he did as he obviously doesn't get the serious points I am trying to make.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well if you can't get money out of a bank as interest.

You have to get it in switching bonus and compensation :rotfl:

It would be funny if it wasn't true that you can get more money in compensation than interest! :doh:
  • masonic
    I thought "someone" was going to "wander off" - about time he did as he obviously doesn't get the serious points I am trying to make.
    I did wander off, for about half an hour. Then I came back. I often check in to this forum multiple times a day. I hope that's not going to be a problem for you. If it is, perhaps you could make a formal complaint to the owners of the site. :p
  • jeallen01
    AndyPK wrote: »
    It would be funny if it wasn't true that you can get more money in compensation than interest! :doh:
    And it's not funny either when You get hit by big bank charges for making a small error - the goose and gander saying comes to mind.
  • masonic
    And it's not funny either when You get hit by big bank charges for making a small error - the goose and gander saying comes to mind.
    So this is your way of getting even?
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Well done in getting £50 for receiving some emails. Excellent MSE effort.
  • jeallen01
    masonic wrote: »
    So this is your way of getting even?

Actually, I don't need to because I manage my resources better than some and don't get hit more than once in the proverbial blue moon - but a lot of people are less fortunate than I, and they do.

PS: this is the last response I will make to any of your comments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure