NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all :j

NSD 11/15

Won't be an NSD tomorrow as I do my stint in the CS & also do a small shop in Lidl, Well a bigger one this week as I was away last week..

Organise: Cleared 2 drawers in chest of drawers in bedroom. Bit the bullet & threw out loads of memorabilia - not worth anything, shame to throw it but nothing else to do with it...

Lots of cooking again today, feel like I am always cooking so never get time to actually clear up!

Lunch: HM chicken & veg soup & calzone

Supper: Chilli made with Quorn, tins of beans etc from cellar. Have to conceal the use of these from family due to state of the labels..the tins aren't OOD or anything, but when the shelf fell down in the cellar & all the jars smashed, the labels got stained & don't look so pretty so they turn their noses up. Pudding was the same as yesterday - except with a tin of custard from 'down below' with the same complaint:rotfl:

Also ended up making 18 buns as DD decided she wanted to decorate cupcakes by making the toppers. It took her all afternoon to do those - and they were very good - but then she cba to make the buns...She's going back to her original unit so wanted to take a treat in. TG she then went home, didn't fancy the early morning call @5 am

Food budget: £191.96/250

Be kind: Yep still trying hard with this..

One more time: Mainly to plan but see menu above.

Extra Income: None today but posted out eBay parcels

Christmas: More knitting but nothing else yet. Have found loads of stuff already bought so once I get into spare room, I bet I needn't buy hardly anything

Exercise: Not really

Heating: still off

Grateful for
    : DH going out to take DD to 2 places she needed to be, then coming back & posting my parcels, then message from friend thrilled with her bday present from me..

Frog
    : still no eBay frog but bedroom is also one so am taking that. Big challenge is now not to give up when it looks worse than before..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ]Hi all

Today should be NSD 16. Need to stick with it or ill miss target as I am running out of days and friday will defo be spendy as its pay day

Looked at budgets last night with hub. Pleased with our 2018 plans and goals. We are aiming to buy a home in the next year or two and this year (as long as nothing goes wrong) we will have hit what we planned to save and quite a bit more :j not been easy so Im proud of us :o hub got a slight pay increase so will save that from Jan but we are going to treat ourselves in Dec as we dont do that very often.

Sent my nephew a book I bought him yday so that's my being kind and I have agreed to drive my brother to the airport on boxing day so he can come home for xmas. Wish he had chosen an airport near us but there you go lol

Running tonight :eek:

Using my old hoover as my improvise. Pleased I remembered we had it

Greatful for- hub fixing our downstairs loo and putting a picture up for me :) my brother confirming hes home for xmas- looking forward to seeing him :j my brother buying my kids a gold fish- off to get them on friday :T
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Quick check in from Portugal to wish all turtles a good finish to the month - the end is almost in sight now! Hugs and get well wishes where needed :) (have a horrid phlegm-y cough which is not moving so far -i was hoping the warmth would help - like n
    mothernerd I'm run down - this holiday is showing me how much - sleep is higg on my agenda - as much as poss with 3 children here :D)

Spends here have been on supermarket food shopping, ice creams out last night (less hassle and cheaper than going out for dinner), a fast food meal when we arrived (Quick and easy on the way to the villa when everyone was suffering from having been up since 3am) , 2.9 euros on flip flops for ds1 (his broke) and 3 euros on a toy (piece of tat!) for DS3 - but as my mum gave us 100 euros for the boys to spend on holiday I can't moan about that lol :)
    X
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 October 2017 at 9:35AM
    Good morning,

DH will be back tomorrow :) and I think I have to go shopping :(. No fabric conditioner left for his washing (he'll have a fair bit). No fruit, peppers etc. Taken £20 out of the savings and hope to stay under. I'l go while DS is at chess tonight and that'll keep DD entertained too. There go my plans for SFD till payday :(

No gym today as I need to go to the bank to change my name and to pay in the kids' piggy bank money (loads of old pound coins).

Freezer lunch again and just a simple tea for me and the kids. Will prep tomorrow's tea tonight too as I'm not sure what time DH will be back.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Tidied both freezers and fridge and, as I suspected, there is still loads of food in there so today we're having chicken with sauteed potatoes. Didn't manage to put up the lampshade. That's going to take someone a lot taller than me. However, I did replace the broken toilet seat. The other two are suitably impressed.
    NSD 10/12 but will have to go and get some cleaning stuff today.
    I've abandoned preparations for Christmas and the winter. Don't want to add anything else to the general guddle at the moment.
    Today will be a difficult day for C. It's the first anniversary of his sister's death and I can see that he is already feeling a bit down. Will have to try and be extra nice and understanding.
    So today's plan is more preparation for the boiler installation.
    Mothernerd and anyone else who is feeling poorly - Hope you are better soon.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Reality is for those who lack imagination

Let's get Kraken

Any guesses yet on where I am getting these from? With the odd quote from a book or one that catches my eye and fits.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    mothernerd wrote: »
    Reality is for those who lack imagination

Let's get Kraken

Any guesses yet on where I am getting these from? With the odd quote from a book or one that catches my eye and fits.

Movies?

The first one is from Hayao Miyazaki who made spirited away.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Thank you for the good wishes. I improved during the day yesterday but seem to have gone backwards overnight - germs don't sleep, they proliferate.

Think I was down yesterday as I was worried that it was the start of the 'winter' - endless stream of 'minor' illnesses that won't leave and become progressively more debilitating. Mum was also ill, but with a different set of symptoms, naturally, so that we can mix and match (so far we have cough, cold, sore throat, dreaded 'phlegm', mouth ulcers, furry tongue, dizzy spells, alternating freezing and sweatingetc, etc). Ah well, such is life.

Spent a lot of time horizontal and watching films (Gregory Peck and then Inn of the Sixth Happiness), both dozing off now and then). However day was quite productive. Phoned the Carer's Allowance people - got someone to actually read the letter I had sent, they are going to send it back for mandatory review (marked urgent) as the reason they turned me down was invalid. So (fingers crossed) I should get that, fully backdated to April. I have also said (for the 3rd time) that I want to recieve the award in full, then I can tell the WTC people I am getting it and they will stop the WTC. No more dancing to two sets of rules, which is stressing me out.

Also ordered a repeat prescription and got in touch with the mental health team about CBT - have an appointment on Thursday afternoon. Think I know where I am going but can spend a few minutes checking when I go to pick up the prescription. The CBT was definitely a frog - have some reservations but something has to change and I need help changing. I have noticed, particularly when going through old notebooks, that the same problems keep coming round again (weight loss, depression, too little money and a stream of crises). Must be getting better, cared enough about that to check I was using the correct plural - I know my spelling and punctuation has been all over the place but cba to edit it and normally it would bug me too nuch to leave it.

Gratitudes for yesterday - finally seem to have resolved the Carer's Allowance (5 'letters' and 2 long expensive phone calls), DS3's and Beloved's guests aren't coming till the end of this week (more time to get the house in order) and for gentle activities (more sewing for Christmas gifts).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I forgot that I was going to aim for a NSD today and paid a credit card bill this morning, so decided to get a bit of shopping as well. Will need to do a "big shop" in the next couple of days.

Maybe tomorrow could be a NSD. To be honest it should be, as we will go to a free toddler group in the morning, leftovers for lunch and then to my mum's so I can get some uni work done and she'll provide us with tea, so I'll aim for my 1st NSD tomorrow (I've only been here since the 20th, so it's not as bad as it sounds)!

Today I left the car at my mum's house and walked up to our swimming lesson. It was further than I remembered and I'm pretty tired now, but luckily it's mum's time with DS now so I'm "studying"/resting (as you can see, I'm on here... I am also going to use some Boots points to get a couple of Christmas presents and seeing as I'll have to pay postage I'd rather do it today as I've already spent!)

I ate a frog today and phoned my letting agents about the mould in our bathroom. It's an ongoing battle where they are refusing to admit responsibility, even though we have only been there 4 months and the mould is absolutely *caked* on - way more than 4 months worth - and I think I'm getting somewhere, so glad I phoned.

Groceries £31.25/£77.41
    Petrol £0/£58.06
    NSD 0/6
    "Beauty" and Entertainment £50.02/£63.87
    Extra income £27.78/£24
    Exercise 3/6
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • CHRISTMAS
    *warning* If any of you are waiting to strike on the Tesco 3 for 2 toy sale tomorrow. Check the prices of the items you want against other stores.
    Yes its a faff but noticed that the few things I planned on grabbing are overpriced to start with, as a result no cheaper than buying from Argos at full price, and Amazon is coming in cheaper on big named stuff (Hatchimal playsets, Vtech, Ponies, Shopkins sets etc.) Big box items are without a doubt overpriced.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport