PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Conveyancing Fees

Hi, could anybody tell me on average what fees I should be looking to pay when I sell my house?

I will also be buying another house after repaying my current mortgage so have the same question re that also.

Many thanks.
Darren :beer:

Comments

• dhokes
    dhokes Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How long is a piece of string? It really depends. Your best option is to ask a few solicitors/conveyancers for quotes.
  • Barter
    Barter Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I got quotes from: http://www.theconveyancingnetwork.com/

and went with one of those who was near to home. been OK so far...
  • pma13
    pma13 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had quotes ranging from 1250 to 2000 buying house worth 140000 and costs included help to buy IS A
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Got my final bill today. Quoted £1406, total £1850. The increase was due to htb isa, leasehold and addition searches after initial searches showed mining activity. Take your quote, add 25% and you will be about right. Ours was on a property of £246k.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The prices will vary by 50% even in the same town. Email a few local solicitors for a quote.
  • APorter910
    APorter910 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2017 at 10:28AM
    I was initially told that I would have to pay 1.5% of my homes value in conveyancing fees, and that just didn't sound right to me. Thats £3750 worth of fees, so I did some shopping about and then I got a quote from Gorvins.

After that I was quoted £700 instead which I think is a pretty standard price. So whenever somebody offers you a conveyancing quote, make sure that you think about the offer and ask questions about it before you make a decision.

The best rule of thumb is to shop around and compare the quotes, because some people are just out to take your money! Let me know your final quote, I'm always interested in hearing how it changes - when I got quoted 1.5% this is going back about 5 or 6 years now!
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    We were quoted £1300 for buying and selling, excluding searches. We ended up paying £1800ish excluding searches due to us a couple of houses falling through for various reasons.
  • daz_79
    daz_79 Posts: 55 Forumite
    I’ve had a few quotes and they vary from around 1400 for both sale and purchase (260) to around 2k. Using help to buy equity loan scheme adds a bit on. I’ve been advised to look for no sale no fee to be on the safe side. Thanks for your replies
    Darren :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport