What puts you off?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 January 2017 at 8:44AM
    Witless wrote: »
    True. Facial hair on a woman is a big turn off for me.
    Not into older women then? ;) No excuse for it these days. Not when you can buy a disposable razor for pennies. They call it Dermaplaning.

Another turn off. Lies and dishonesty. Get found out telling a lie once and the rest that comes out the mouth is questionable.
  • AubreyMac
    AubreyMac Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    gonzo127 wrote: »
    well she didnt/doesnt have any medical issues to stop things, and apparently, according to her friends (whom have stopped me in the street to tell me, and insult me) she has a very good sex life with multiple partners since i left.

but 1-2 times a week would have been fine by me, ok so my sex drive is higher than that, but 1-2 times a week is certainly acceptable for me.:A

Was your ex always like this (low libido I mean) or did it change over time?

From my own relationship experience, both parties libido can go up and down at different times.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    .... Secretive. How can you build a relationship with someone if they arent open with you?

My list of 'put offs' is getting longer.:(
  • gonzo127
    gonzo127 Posts: 4,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    AubreyMac wrote: »
    Was your ex always like this (low libido I mean) or did it change over time?

From my own relationship experience, both parties libido can go up and down at different times.

when we first got together our sex life was pretty good, but our sex life ended pretty much right after we got married, honestly our honeymoon was even a bust in the sex life department, ok it was because she was too tired, and it was a busy honeymoon as went for a cruse down the nile and went on excursions every day.

But in the 10 years of marriage, we averaged between 1-2 times a year, before the marriage, the 10-20 times worth in the marriage would have been a months worth.
    Drop a brand challenge
    on a £100 shop you might on average get 70 items save
    10p per product = £7 a week ~ £28 a month
    20p per product = £14 a week ~ £56 a month
    30p per product = £21 a week ~ £84 a month (or in other words one weeks shoping at the new price)
  • AubreyMac
    AubreyMac Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    when we first got together our sex life was pretty good, but our sex life ended pretty much right after we got married, honestly our honeymoon was even a bust in the sex life department, ok it was because she was too tired, and it was a busy honeymoon as went for a cruse down the nile and went on excursions every day.

But in the 10 years of marriage, we averaged between 1-2 times a year, before the marriage, the 10-20 times worth in the marriage would have been a months worth.

Unbelievable! No wonder you got frustrated and left.

In the 1-2 times of the year, was she in the mood or was she just putting out as a favour for you?

As a low libido is a red flag for you, how do you find this out in someone at the beginning? :)
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As a low libido is a red flag for you, how do you find this out in someone at the beginning? :)

Do the online dating services include libido level in the profiles?
  • gonzo127
    edited 18 January 2017 at 12:06PM
    Unbelievable! No wonder you got frustrated and left.

In the 1-2 times of the year, was she in the mood or was she just putting out as a favour for you?

to be honest i believe it was probably just to shut me up

and i know, in so many ways i wonder why i left it so long to leave, but i have always thought you need to work through problems when you have committed to someone, but in the end, i finally realised, because of the resentment that had grown, we had actually ended up living completely separate lives from each other, as the only time we actually saw each other was in the evening after i had got home and finished cooking, we sat down to eat as a family (we do have a child between us, which shocked me as it happened the first time after we stopped using protection, and she has two children from a previous marriage), other than that we didnt really see each other.

as to finding out with new partners, well thats difficult because as you said it can be variable, but i find usually you get a 'feel' for that sort of things with some conversations that occur, as well as physical cues.

physical cues i find is a difficult one to put into words, as sex is not the be all and end all for me, but i am a physical man, i love to cuddle, kiss and touch, holding hands as we walk down the street etc, and those things bring me a lot of happiness, and find i can (cant think of the right word here) cope/survive if i get that sort of intimacy, even with a sex drive mismatch of a certain level.

so thats usually how i try to gauge things, because if its me doing most of the moves to get physical contact and intimacy (not speaking sex in this regards) i feel its likely that i will have to do most of the moves to have sex, which is a little tiring because it does feel as if you are pressuring her into sex. Personally i love it when a woman wants to jump my bones, because you it makes you feel wanted, whereas if its always me initiating it, i do feel as if it is only happening as a favour to me, which is probably a hang up from my marriage, but its how i feel in those regards
    Drop a brand challenge
    30p per product = £21 a week ~ £84 a month (or in other words one weeks shoping at the new price)
  • gonzo127
    Do the online dating services include libido level in the profiles?

unfortunately i do not think they do, would certainly be an improvement if they did :beer:
    Drop a brand challenge
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    unfortunately i do not think they do, would certainly be an improvement if they did :beer:

It would. It's a pretty fundamental factor in determining likely compatibility
  • gonzo127
    It would. It's a pretty fundamental factor in determining likely compatibility

so true, would be a interesting TV advert as well lol

just spotted your signature and like it, reminded me of one i saw the other day

Difference between a cat and a comma?

One has claws at the end of its paws. The other is a pause at the end of a clasue
    Drop a brand challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure