Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Comments

• hubb wrote: »
    I spoke to a Sky cold caller yesterday and happened to ask for a deal but he wouldn't budge. He said the new prices I will be charged are already competitive and other cheap deals will all soon go up anyway. I rang off feeling miffed :(
    You need to ring cancellations to get the retention deals.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    And if I quote to them, is the best off at the moment EE ?
    And if I quote to them, is the best off at the moment EE ?
    I believe so, according to MSE.
  • Used the advice here and hooked up with Plusnet since BT quoted me £40.99 p/m for bband/BT vision and phone. Plusnet offered me a package at £24.99. Went back to BT for my Mac code. BT can do the same deal at £17.49. No need for an additional free view box now. RESULT !:j
  • hubb
    edited 19 November 2014 at 1:04PM
    I quoted the EE offer and also told them about the Amazon voucher of £100. The best they offered me was £16.50 a month for LL and free BB (weekend and evening LL calls still free) £198 in total. As I wasn't sure I told her to save my quote and I would think about it.

Does that sound a good deal or if you were I would you take up the offer to go with EE bearing in mind EE reviews are rubbish service ?
  • Thank you! Thought so, but wasn't quite sure...
  • molerat wrote: »
    Cancelling can incur disconnection charges and not having an active line can incur charges to re activate and, on some exchanges, your line may be re allocated and you may go on a waiting list for line provision. It is far easier to do a transfer.
    As in, thank you molerat - can't quite work out how to quote you in my reply - maybe this time it will work
    I quoted the EE offer and also told them about the Amazon voucher of £100. The best they offered me was £16.50 a month for LL and free BB (weekend and evening LL calls still free) £198 in total. As I wasn't sure I told her to save my quote and I would think about it.

Does that sound a good deal or if you were I would you take up the offer to go with EE bearing in mind EE reviews are rubbish service ?
    I'd try Sky again - teddysmum got a better offer 2nd time (post 866).
  • hubb
    They said something about me paying a £2.50 suppliment for not having sky tv. Since when have companies charged for not having a service ?
  • avantra
    avantra Posts: 1,327 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Second year of haggling with Plusnet. Just said I'm shopping around and was offered unlimited BB plus calls for £4.5/month for two years.
    Rather stay with them as I learnt my lesson with TalkTalk my previous provider and now I put a premium on good service and UK call centres.

So not the cheapest at £209/year all in but reliable and reasonably priced.
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure