ee cold calls

Options
Received a cold call from ee broadband team this evening, I asked if they were uk based only and was told all call centres were.

The price they quoted was virtually the same as I pay with my current provider so decided to stay put as ee representative was quite pushy. tried to get rid of her by saying I could get better deals using cashback sites. she never mentioned that if I sign up online through ee I would get £50 giftcard.

just been onto chat with ee and asked where chat operator was based

INDIA was the reply

has anyone else has misleading and pushy salescall from ee

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EE call centres are in U.K. And Ireland.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Pushy? Never spoken to a sales person yet who wasn't! What was misleading about the call?

There is every chance that their chat operators are based outside the UK (possibly even working from home), but your question was about call centres which appears to have been answered honestly.
  • Jenny_EE
    Jenny_EE Posts: 44 Organisation Representative
    edited 25 June 2017 at 1:04PM
    Options
    Hi makemesumdosh,

100% of pay monthly EE customer service calls are now handled in the UK and Ireland. We’re creating over 550 additional service jobs in the UK to fully onshore all customer service roles.

We have a full list of our direct partners herehttp://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/phone-calls-from-orange-ee-t-mobile-and-our-partners this has all the numbers they might call from so you can check it is a genuine call from us.

Thanks, Jenny
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure