Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Comments

• pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I am a real perfume snob I'm afraid and love my designer smells. This site looks amazing but I am worried that the aroma will match the price. The sizes would be just perfect for holidays however. I think I will just hang on until I have got some feedback from you Fern Merkin. Don't forget to come and report back. Thanks.
  • nicky29
    nicky29 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Just registered & got an automatic £1 credit and free postage at checkout so a 3ml Issey Miyake for £1.25!! Got to be worth a try :beer: Thanks OP
  • MXW
    MXW Posts: 563 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

I ordered some perfume from the perfume parlour a few days ago, I opted to pay by cheque by mistake so contacted them and said I wanted to pay by debit card, they asked if I had a paypal account (which I had) so sent me an invoice and I paid, the money has now come out of my account. According to my account my order is still pending, even though I have paid and the money has gone from my account. I have contacted them several times but have received no reply. Has anyone had problems with this company? Is the pending order normal, when the money has been taken (I have not received a receipt for my payment.)

Many thanks
  • Butternut
    Butternut Posts: 92 Forumite
    Just ordered 3ml Joop for DH and Kenzo Flower for me!not bad for £3.50 total - will update once i receive them.
    I find that ordinary perfumes dissappear after a hour or two, so hoping that these will be longer lasting.
    Thanks for the tip!
    Win £2008 for 2008 member No 678 £62/2008 so far
  • random456
    random456 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Poundland, its in a blue box called stitch, i forget the number of it but it's identical to angel I buy it all the time, bargain.
    Fr. Stack: While you were out, I got the keys to your car. And drove it into a big wall. And if you don't like it, tough. I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.
  • Fern_Merkin
    Fern_Merkin Posts: 830 Forumite
    MXW wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have contacted them several times but have received no reply. Has anyone had problems with this company? Is the pending order normal, when the money has been taken (I have not received a receipt for my payment.)

Many thanks

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I have found their communication quite good as one of the items I ordered was out of stock and they helped me pick another I would like. My order has been delayed by this so not received yet.

Hope it works out ok.
  • MXW
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I have found their communication quite good as one of the items I ordered was out of stock and they helped me pick another I would like. My order has been delayed by this so not received yet.

Hope it works out ok.
    Thanks for your reply. Have received the perfume today and an apology from them. The perfume is fab I am really impressed!
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Good to know that you have received your order MXW. Will you re-post when you have had a chance to use it for a day or so. I would be interested to know if the smell is authentic, if it is long lasting and importantly, does it affect your skin at all.

Thank you.
  • MXW
    pattycake wrote: »
    Good to know that you have received your order MXW. Will you re-post when you have had a chance to use it for a day or so. I would be interested to know if the smell is authentic, if it is long lasting and importantly, does it affect your skin at all.

Thank you.
    Yes, no problem.
  • nicky29
    nicky29 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Hi there, i just wanted to say how pleased i am with my Issey Miyake copy and would recommend the site to everyone. Ive just asked my boyfriend if he can still smell the perfume and he can (4 hours later!) :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback