Monument Credit Card

Comments

• Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039
    First Post
    Forumite
    hammerette wrote: »
    Well I have my court date 7/8 wish me luck.

I have had my date for court for about 3 weeks now and have had no letters from monument requesting any info for their legal team.
    Will let you know any updates as my case seems to be before anyone else I might be able to let you know what to expect.

Oooh... let me know what happens... mines on the 5th September.
    I've had no papers either but it may because mine is further away but I'm not really that sure - I think (and hope) they pay up four/five days before the court date - I've sent them a letter adding a self-litigation fee of £230.00 if it goes to court - I have no idea if that will help or hinder - they might pay up quicker if it's less money??? but again... I have no idea :o
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • I hope anyone who had been sold Payment Break Plan on their Monument card, without being informed, is also claiming these amounts back too.
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    I've been searching the 'success' threads but cannot find any successes with Monument Credit Card - only two people have accepted the half offer - I've never got any offer from them.

I have a court date on the 6th September and wondered if anyone can let me know what there experience has been, dates, court etc.

I started this one in February - does anyone think this will work out for me?

Basically this card is a nightmare - I missed a payment by two days so I paid up with extra to cover the card - four months later I was told that I owed them £165 so I asked for a repayment plan and they said no and put the phone down, this happened several times - so much for 'in financial difficulties call us!'

I've written 22 letters to them to ask for statements - they didn't send any for more than a year - it took 2 years in total to get the copy of statements and it said I had gone over my limit ealier than the missed payment so how come when I called to find the balance (no statements to look at!) the automated system said (and customer service agents) I was under my limit??????

They charged me £90 per month for several months before allowing me to take up a repayment plan (how kind!).

they ignored all my 22 letters so I came to this site to claim back the £500 of charges that they run up on my account.

I also had a DD to cover the monthly interest with a little extra so how did it go over my limit?

And I got two Annual charges in one year (Annual?!??!??!)

That's why I would like to know if anyone has any joy with this card - I want to get rid of it but I don't see why I should pay this when they have a contract to follow as well as me! They do have some responsibilities too!

Thanks for any info
    :D
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • Well, still nothing from monument, I have tried to contact their representatives but only got their voice mail so left a message but no callback. Im in front of judge at 2.30pm tomorrow for £990 which includes interest. I will let you know all after so hopefully it will help your own cases.
    Wish me luck

hammerette
  • Hi Im in court tomorrow against monument creditcard.
    My claim is for £990 including interest, my question is
    do I give a revised figure tomorrow as when you do the
    court claim form I advised that interest would be added
    at 15p a day as this was three months ago do I amend
    to what it will be tomorrow or do I leave the figure as it is
    Thanks
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    hammerette wrote: »
    Well, still nothing from monument, I have tried to contact their representatives but only got their voice mail so left a message but no callback. Im in front of judge at 2.30pm tomorrow for £990 which includes interest. I will let you know all after so hopefully it will help your own cases.
    Wish me luck

hammerette

Good luck! :wave:
    I'm definately interested in the outcome... I had hoped there would be no actual court case and they would pay out just before!
    I'm not looking forward to it myself.
    Can you let me know how to prepare too? I've never been to court before either.

All the best - I'll be rooting for you. :beer:
  • karyn_p
    karyn_p Posts: 17 Forumite
    i'm not sure- but i would imagine so :) if you stated that interest would be added at 15p for each day, i'd stick to ur plan of action.

i'm just debating going through the courts for my claim against capital one and i'm not sure whether to increase the interest amount now and make it up to date :confused: or wait and see
    Served Court Notice with Abbey :confused:
    Barclaycard have paid up :T
    Capital One have paid up :T

Written a letter of complaint to Barclays, as apparantly they can't find my Account details :mad:
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's up to the judge to deal with your daily rate of interest, once you filed a claim and stated your interest and your daily rate, you don't have to change anything.
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • ncdbarton
    ncdbarton Posts: 20 Forumite
    Having won my claim against the Halifax without going to court I set upon my next three Companies last Month.

Of the three it will come as no supprise that Monument brought up the rear when it came to sending charge information, Amex were first then Capital One.

I was amased that after using the 'Bank Charge Calculator' the end figure for Monument was £1400 including interest :eek: My credit limit was only £700 and i never spent over that limit, but charges took me way over.

AMEX request £300.00 ish

Capital One request £300.00 ish
  • Reclaiming credit card charges are unaffected. There is no change for those reclaiming credit card fees, the article below explains how to do it.

After reading the above statement on this site, I was expecting a result one way or another today.
    A person representing Monument Credit card( part of Barclays) advised me before going into the judges chambers they were going to ask for a STAY
    I advised that this should not be, due to the fact it was not a bank case and
    that credit card cases were not affected by the test case.
    We were in chambers all of two minutes Judge was not at all interested in this statement and advised that credit card charges will also be addressed in the test case. I was then told I would receive a document in a couple of days to explain and then was excused.
    I came out feeling really demotivated. So I guess I now just wait, does the interest keep building though or is that put on hold aswell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure