Small Planet Airlines

Hi,

We've just returned from Zante with Small Planet and experienced an 11 hour delay.

I've looked on the SP website about claiming compensation and it asks me how much do I want. I am slightly unsure what I can claim, looking at the table it says 3hours+ is approximately £340. My question is can I go up the longer you're delayed? An extra £? Per hour you're delayed?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wanderer71 wrote: »
    Hi,

We've just returned from Zante with Small Planet and experienced an 11 hour delay.

I've looked on the SP website about claiming compensation and it asks me how much do I want. I am slightly unsure what I can claim, looking at the table it says 3hours+ is approximately £340. My question is can I go up the longer you're delayed? An extra £? Per hour you're delayed?

Thanks in advance

No - fixed sum according to distance.
  • We was also delayed 7th Aug with SP for around 10 hours I think, from Zante airport. Awaiting response on claim not sure on amount though we also wondered this
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Post your flight details. Your compensation is fixed by the distance travelled.
  • Thanks. It was Zante to Manchester so looking at the table it looks like around £340pp
  • Flight departure 12.10
    Changed to 14.10
    Changed to 16.40
    Changed to 18.00
    Changed to 19.40

Apparently a passenger had a heart attack
    Apparently flight had flat tyre
    No comunication from anyone
    Received 20 euros food vouchers

(Pilot said on plane) aircraft was delayed Due to various problems such as an aircraft change, a delay with air traffic control and a
    Medical emergency due to a passenger having a heart attack which was at 3/4pm (still didn't explain why the aircraft was delayed to begin with before the medical emergency ) pilot never mentioned the flat tyre issue.

The air crew blamed the 8 hour + delay on the medical emergency. When infact it was a series of things before hand that caused the majority of the delay like the pilot said.

The aircraft started moving at 8.13pm taxiing to runway

The aircraft take off (wheels left Tarmac) was at 8.27

Landed 11.05 uk time (1.05 Cyprus time)

Has anyone had any success from claiming compo from small planet airlines as apparently it's quite rare??
  • Sorry pressed send before completing message, this was my experience from small planet airlines.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Post your flight details
  • Anyone heard anything from Small Planet yet?

Cheers
  • I just received £200+ from Small Planet for a 13 hour delay in June 2013. My husband was with me and has received nothing as yet. So don't hold your breath"
  • Flight S5192
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport