PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Monday 4th December 2006

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Monday 4th Dec. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

morning! Decided to start the thread as i'm thinking through everything that has to be done tomorrow.. and i find typing out my thoughts in this always helps.

I spent yesterday (sunday) working on presents - got a few more done, and crossed off the list. Got quite a few still left to make - i'm aiming to have all the sewing stuff done by next sunday. Should be an interesting week, especially with all the other stuff i have to do - got an appointment with debt adviser (about gas) on wednesday, also get paid wednesday which means that thursday is going to be mega shopping day. Am also hoping to get the tree and other decorations up at some point towards the end of the week!

Also made a whole batch of Speculaas cookies for Sinterklaas (which is on Tuesday), which means the OH is now a happy bunny. the recipe made an awful lot though - i counted 59 round cookies, and a whole bunch of "gingerbread men" shapes i didn't count. Also doing Olibollen and Appelflappen on tuesday (which isn't traditional, but who cares).

*sighs*... i need another pair of hands, i swear.. now i'm gonna go to bed cos i'm shattered!

have a good week, everyone!!

keth
xx

Comments

• SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning Kethry, and good morning to all who follow...and good evening to AussieLass

I made a lovely warming root vegetable stew yesterday, but it is having a very unfortunate effect on my digestive system and my tum has been in spasms all night. It's not so much painful as uncomfortable...but it'll pass (iykwim lol). It's a shame as the stew was really tasty...I think it was the celeriac I put in, I am not used to that.

Sorry folks, my life is so incredibly boring and uneventful right now! There is nothing to report - other than the normal - it's w*rk as usual today, cleaned the bathroom with Starclen yesterday (fantastic stuff!), and Stardropsed the kitchen, so both are sparkling now. That is the height of the excitement in SnowyOwlVille.

Have a fabulous Monday everyone.

SnowyOwl
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

Just on me way up to bed, so I thought I would pop in and show me face :D

Snowy, I hope your tummy gets better soon xx

Kethry, I have no clue of what you have made, or why, but save me some ok, I will be round about lunch time :D

Well, I dont have much to do today, so I think it will be a heavly productive day of twiddling my thumbs and saying "put that down" to the baby a lot :think: Might just have a fumble with me graphics and have a look at the job ads online (gizza job mate :D)

TD is whiring around as we speak, I have been a very bad mum and forgot to do DS's uniform so had a mad dash about 2am, now thats always fun. :rolleyes:

Ooh I could just fancy a brew right now, but, no, I am not having caffine at 4.32am :(

Oh, I need to take the chicken breasts out of the freezer (62p at tesco reduced :D) and I think I might throw them in a pan with half a kilo of garlic :drool:

Think thats about it :think:

I wanna brew :( oh, no milk anyways till the mornin :doh:

errrr...

Have a good day everyone, hope all is well :)

And if you want a christmas avatar, nip to this thread and stamp your request there :D Gives me something to do I guess :o
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • susiesaver
    Options
    Good morning Kethry, snowy and wanty and all who follow.

Kethry, all that food sound lovely although I've no idea what it is!

Right, today I am taking myself firmly in hand (ooer missus!). Enough sitting on my botty feeling sorry for myself and onwards and upwards with the OSing. Plan for today: meal plan for the week, christmas food shopping list, big tidy up everywhere, into town to get some much-needed new shoes, washing, drying etc, etc........................ I'll just have one more cup of coffee before I start.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sue
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Snowy hope your tummy feels better soon
    Happy Birthday to Miss DLB hope you have a smashing day
    jobs for today
    packed lunches
    get 2 of the kids sorted dd for school and ds1 for college he does 1 day a week on a motor mechanics course
    take ds2 to the doctor he's had a bad cold since last week but now it's hit his chest and with asthma he's struggling so he may need antibiotics or steroids now
    deliver mince pies to a friend that I made yesterday
    make some more mince pies as the ones I made to put in the freezer for us have dwindled in numbers
    put bm on
    have a good day
    (((hugs))) to all

pam
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • apple_mint
    apple_mint Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning Kethry, Snowyowl, iwanttosave, susiesaver, mrs_mix and all who follow :hello:

Spent a big chunk of yesterday setting up a broadband wireless network and with a big thanks to the guys on the techie board I now have two computers accessing the internet :D What wonderful people they are on MSE techie board I would never have managed without them!

As a consequence of having achieved this though, OH and I spent the rest of the day setting up all the anti-virus software etc for his machine and then did a little surfing :D

I'm now dyeing my hair at six am in the morning as I didn't get it done yesterday :rotfl:

Have a lovely OS day everyone!
    Enjoying an MSE OS life :D
  • Penny_Watcher
    Options
    Morning OSers :santa2:

Isn't it WINDY :eek:

DS1 played a junior cup football match yesterday in a gale with stinging rain. Poor lads got knocked out of the cup :footie: (which is sad) but they played for about 90 minutes including extra time in that appalling weather. The corner flags were almost horizontal. I think that showed real character. I was standing on the touchline in my all weather gear and even I was cold.

We have even more people for Christmas now. Noooooooo :mad:

We have 9 coming now. FIL has invited himself to stay too since my Dad invited himself. OH asked what I wanted for Christmas. I said a week on a beach far, far away between 24th and the 31st. No - seriously.

No packed lunces today. DS1 has a hot dinner on Mondays and DD2 has decided the school dinners at primary school have bucked up lately so she's starting today. I think it's something to do with the Christmas lunch coming up :p

So, Old Style tasks for the day.
    Definitely need to clean all the floors. It's been a mucky weekend - say no more.
    All bedding needs changing (such fun when 2 of the beds are top bunks :cool:)
    Ironing again.
    Shopping
    Have a proper look at the pressies list.

Have a lovely day everyone.

PW
    xx

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone and a big

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DD JESSICA 4 TODAY!!!!

She has been up ages and has already ripped open all her pressies!! She is having 5 at the minute watching the tv!!!

Plans for today, nip to town as sister has reserved dd pressent at our argos (she lives in wales) So need to pick that up and wrap it before dd comes home from nursery.
    Then dad is coming to see her this afternoon and some other friends this evening.

Have to tidy up and prepare a party tea.Also need to pay some bills today.

At least after today can get focused on xmas, i never can until b/days are out the way.

Have a great day all
    donna
    xx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    its so wild out there. hopefully it will keep some of my customers away today ;)
    got another extra shift today - last one! :) need to make sure I put my claim in today.

might do some studying tonight....might ;)
    x x x
  • kiwichick
    kiwichick Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning People,

Finally et a chance to read and post again. The last few weeks have been hectic, long days and nights getting ready for our schools xmas bazaar. It was the first one we've done since I was elected co-chair so the other lady and I were VERY NERVOUS and hoping that all would go well. We had a few big changes from how it was done in the past, mainly with the inclusion of an xmas farmers market where people could order their meat/veg/trees etc. It seems to have paid off as we had a tally up last night and it seems at the moment as if we've made in the region of £1800 profit!!!! YAY YAY YAY :j :j :j

I would like to take some time to relax now as I've been at school since 8.30 am-7.15pm friday, 8.45am - 1.30pm saturday and 9.30am - 7.00pm yesterday!!!! We have another event for the kiddies this friday though so have more organising to do.

My house is in complete dissaray, the kids have been living on crisps, smiley potato faces and fish fingers as its all DH knows how to do. Tonight they will be having chicke n, spuds and broccoli followed by some rice pudding and peaches.

Am off now to put the first of many loads in my WM and get my kiddies some breakfast. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Al.
    WW Start Weight 18/04/12 = 19st 11lbs
    Weight today = 17st 6.5lbs
    Loss to date 32.5lbs!!!
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS DLB

I did not want to get up this morning, but with a little one due in the next few minutes, thought id better!!!!
    Hoping to get to a childminders group this morning, ive never been before, so i hope it will be alright, i think they are making christmas gifts, so that wil be nice for the little ones (and maybe me, if i get chance to talk to other adults!!!)
    Still on a quest to use up the stuff in the freezer (so why did i take up Mr Ts offer of 2 chickens for £5 on Saturday!!!???) so its HM beef casserole for DS and me tonight, and DD is eating the roast she didnt eat yesterday (she got invited to a imptomptu party, with 10 minutes notice, but lovely for her as she doesnt get many invites) DD dosent like mashed potato, so its nice to be able to make that for DS and not worry about madam!!!!
    Right, need to go and do something with my hair and make the packed lunches,
    Hope everyone has a lovely day,
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh PP - i agree with the others and i would put curtains up, keeps the heat in much better than nets or blinds x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure