Molehill currently feeling like a mountain

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Funny how we are all different.
    I think you save a lot at Aldi & dont have to go elsewhere to top up too much.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Maybe I need to give it another chance. I just hated having to go to more than 1 shop. What a pain!

Also our pay was late as they'd messed something up on the payroll system with the pensions. Stressful day!
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Stressful day indeed.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • OK, finally got paid late last night, and I'm enjoying the fact that my account is showing £1037 in it. Tomorrow my bill money will go into my other account (£330), and into my two savings pots for car and holidays (£120) so I'll have just over £500 for food, petrol, and livery costs.

I'm determined to stay out of my overdraft this month!! Feeling good so far.

Also 10lbs down and halfway to my goal!! I like to think I'm removing pounds from my body and putting them in my purse...
  • Definitely not a NSD today. Had to get screenwash for my car (drive to work this morning was a bit...interesting), and whilst I was at the petrol station I treated myself to a bottle of pop. I haven't bought anything like that at all since last year, so it was a one-off treat. I justified the calories by walking the 2 miles rather than driving, but I have no justification for the 1.30 it cost.

Also tonight is thursday and that means I have to go and pay my livery bill. It's normally just over £60 for the week, but I was away over the weekend so they looked after my horse for me, which will add £15 to the bill... plus I also need a bale of bedding...

On the upside, my account is still +£509 (after transferring bill money, car and holiday savings and even £50 into my 3rd emergency savings fund!). If I can keep the livery costs under £300 for the month, then I'll be doing just about OK I think.
  • Feeling a bit rubbish today. Very tired, and my knees are painful for some reason when I walk. Also I don't know if my posture is to blame, but I've had neck ache since yesterday morning. Even a massage from my OH last night didn't really help. Just feeling a bit run down in general. Maybe I'm coming down with something , or maybe my body is trying to tell me to take it easy?

Anyway, I've decided today I need to just take it easy. I'm currently enjoying a hot chocolate, which is definitely comforting.

Plan for tonight (OH is out with work):

- walk to the stables to see my horse. It's 0.5 miles away, so it'll be a 1 mile walk on the flat. That might be good for my knees and the fresh air should help with the tiredness. I also need to give said horse a really good brush since he's really muddy and I want to ride in the morning.

- run a duster round our bedroom and the living room. I've not done this in over a week so desperately need to do this.

- tea is going to be homemade cottage pie from the freezer with some mixed veg.

- hot bath

- early night

Think that's all for now. Was hoping for a NSD, but alas I need petrol :( I really love my car but it is a thirsty beast!
  • Definitely going to have to stop off on my way home for some wine. After the day I've had, it's much needed!
  • So I bought the wine but didn't drink it in the end as I had a sore throat and worried that I was getting a cold (if so wine would have made me feel terrible).
    Instead I found some Christmas chocolate that I'd completely forgotten about. That was yummy!
    Also managed to dust the bedroom but ran out of energy after that. Had bath and tea and crawled to bed about 11pm.

Throat not as bad this morning. Didn't ride my horse as it's freezing rain. OH Is currently hoovering and I've just made a batch of Rocky road.
    Lunch will be a cuppa soup for me and sandwich for him then we will walk to town for a mooch round. Tea is pie and chips for him and chili for me. Then we are going to the pub where I may or may not have a pint of cider.

I got petrol this morning and winced at the price. A full tank is £7 more expensive than it was few weeks ago! At least I can get nectar points on it...

Also weighed myself and have list another lb. Must stop doing it all he time though, bad habit. Not going to go near the scales until next saturday now!
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ouch at the petrol price. There was an app featured on MSE a while back that shows you the best price in your local area for petrol, would that be worth a look? I know that locally Sainsburys tends to be the most expensive and the cheapest vies between Asda and Morrisons usually by tenth's of a penny.
    The thing about Aldi is that you have to get used to it as there is no choice and rarely many branded items so it's a different set-up to the main supermarkets. When I first started to go there, I used only to buy a few things because what had previously been our staples just weren't there seemingly. However, I gradually built up and now I get 90% of my shopping there. There are still some things that we don't like, some things they don't stock and some (very few) brands that the family will not accept substitutions. But now I know that, I do my regular shop at Aldi and then typically once a fortnight/3 weeks I do an additional small shop in either Morrisons or Asda for those things.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£330.00 (66%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£062.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Ouch at the petrol price. There was an app featured on MSE a while back that shows you the best price in your local area for petrol, would that be worth a look? I know that locally Sainsburys tends to be the most expensive and the cheapest vies between Asda and Morrisons usually by tenth's of a penny.
    The thing about Aldi is that you have to get used to it as there is no choice and rarely many branded items so it's a different set-up to the main supermarkets. When I first started to go there, I used only to buy a few things because what had previously been our staples just weren't there seemingly. However, I gradually built up and now I get 90% of my shopping there. There are still some things that we don't like, some things they don't stock and some (very few) brands that the family will not accept substitutions. But now I know that, I do my regular shop at Aldi and then typically once a fortnight/3 weeks I do an additional small shop in either Morrisons or Asda for those things.

Thanks will check out that petrol website!

I will give Aldi another chance. Their actual products have been very nice (particularly liked the grapes) it was just the experience of shopping there I wasn't keen on!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure