Disco Dolly V's Debt

Comments

• Hi DFW's,

Another NSD yesterday, very proud of myself, thats 7 NSD's in past 10 days I think! Bank balance still stands at €64.78 and its payday tomorrow :j

Today will not be NSD though as I have to pay for DD dance class this evening (€6) and I am going out for lunch today for a colleagues birthday. Plus I have a headcold so need to pick up something for that at the chemist. On the plus side I checked a lotto ticket I had from last Friday for Euromillions and I won €7!

Not much else to report, roll on payday Friday :D
    LBM Jan 2014: €21,746.34
    Total Dec 2017: €0.00
    (Debt Free 29th Dec 2017)
  • Happy Friday DFW's!

Its finally payday so made a few debt payments & updated my signature. And I've put €50 more in the emergency fund, really need to build that back up. I got a call from the school insurance and they are processing my claim for A&E fees so hopefully I'll have that €145 back in the next week or so, I am going to lodge that to the Emergency fund account. And I need to remind DD's dad about his agreement to help me with school bills (uniform, optional subjects fees and school trip) so hopefully he'll pay half of that and I can put it towards emergency fund too.

I am really happy with my debt progress in January, I've managed to bring my total down by almost €900. I love seeing that figure going down every payday, I think I might be addicted to debt busting now LOL.

However, we have decided to definitely go ahead with London trip so I am going to book & pay for flights this weekend on my visa debit! And then it'll be save save save ..... so debt busting will slow down a bit for a few months but I think we need this trip for our sanity. I have that work bonus in March so defo going to do the savings option so at least I know EF is fully funded and London trip is mostly funded then too and then I can get back to debt busting with no worrying!

So today will defo not be a NSD, I have utility bills to pay, petrol, groceries, school fee for materials needed for optional subject and I'm also off on a night out with my work colleagues. DD is going to her dads for the weekend.

Off to make a cuppa and do some work! :D
  • Hump Day again!

The week is flying by. I had a great weekend. Friday night was a night out with work colleagues, great food and a good band. I really enjoyed it, I hadn't been out since before Christmas so it was good to let the hair down. I spent a bit more than I intended but it was worth it. Saturday was a lazy day then due to hangover so ended up as NSD as a result. Sunday was spent catching up on laundry, doing housework and a small grocery shop.

We had DD's first parent teacher meeting for secondary school on Monday. She is doing really well, I am delighted. Plus her dad came down too which was great. We had to see 11 teachers but we flew through it, DD got all good reports on classwork, homework and behaviour. I can't ask for more than that, shes a great kid. The PE teacher asked for her to join football and rugby teams so her dad bought her football boots and she went off training after school yesterday, and she loved it. She got picked for football team and has her first match on Monday. So we ended up going to sports store last night to buy socks, shorts and base layer. She starts tag rugby today but there shouldn't be any extra expense there as the same gear will do both. The school provides the jerseys. Hopefully tag rugby goes well for her too. Its great seeing her get out there, she has confidence in spades though so I am not surprised at all.

Mind you she is ruining my budget with these unplanned spends LOL. So I am going for NSD's for the rest of the week. I got the cheque back from the school insurance and lodged it this morning so thats €145 back in the budget once it clears. So its not going that badly!
  • Disco_Dolly
    Disco_Dolly Posts: 196 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 February 2016 at 2:53PM
    Hi DFW's,

The last week and a half flew by, I keep forgetting to update this! :o

I got paid yesterday and made a few debt payments and updated my signature (I just love doing this!). I now have over 9,500 paid off debt in just over 2 years. I'm delighted with that but have stepped it up a lot this year and hope to continue to do so, I have extra cash with no childcare etc so I reckon if I really push I could be debt free by March next year.

I have another €200 budgeted to pay off debt this fortnight but I still havent booked our our flights to London! So I might use this money to do that instead and then catch up on debt payment when I get my work bonus in March, I cant decide, its either that or wait til March to book flights.

On the work bonus dilemma I have finally decided to keep the majority of it to complete my emergency fund and also my holiday fund so I have peace of mind that both those funds are more or less completely sorted out. Then I can continue with my debt snowball with no worries.

Thankfully I have a short work week this week, I'm only in Monday & Tuesday, I decided to take the rest of the week off to spend with DD on her mid-term.

Today is meant to be a declutter day but I slept in instead and all I've managed to do so far is make tea and toast! I have loads of stuff just lying around in different rooms where it doesnt long so this weekend I am binning stuff or sticking it in the attic. I better get my @ss in gear!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :D
  • Really quick post as having a hectic weekend. Payday was Friday and I made all my debt repayments and updated my signature.

Over €10K paid off my debt, I'm ecstatic!!! :j
  • I now have over 9,500 paid off debt in just over 2 years. I'm delighted with that but have stepped it up a lot this year and hope to continue to do so, I have extra cash with no childcare etc so I reckon if I really push I could be debt free by March next year.

I have another €200 budgeted to pay off debt this fortnight but I still havent booked our our flights to London! So I might use this money to do that instead and then catch up on debt payment when I get my work bonus in March, I cant decide, its either that or wait til March to book flights.

On the work bonus dilemma I have finally decided to keep the majority of it to complete my emergency fund and also my holiday fund so I have peace of mind that both those funds are more or less completely sorted out. Then I can continue with my debt snowball with no worries.

Great achievement! I'm trying to pay off more than 9K in less than 1 year on a similar income and I think I will be struggling - but I hope to achieve that by putting all holidaying on hold until next year. I also don't have an emergency fund... that is a good idea for you to build one.

On the flights though, prices might go up if you wait for too long though.

Best of luck!
    PAYDBX16: #135 paid £859 / £9259
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks fieldend, best of luck with your journey too! I'll have to look up your diary and subscribe too.

I had intended on being further along in the journey at this stage but I guess life got in the way. On paper it all looked doable and we have skipped holidays for the past 2 years but there always seemed to be something else creeping up. I am definitely making a much better go of it this year though. But I am treating DD to a short holiday in London this year despite the debt. I will definitely book flights soon, my yearly work bonus gets paid on my next payday. I would have it sorted by now only the washing machine decided to give up on me last month! Murphys Law LOL
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I haven't been posting much but still chugging away with the debt repayments. I just noticed that I reached the half-way mark last payday, I'm thrilled to get to this point.

50% paid off :j:j:j:j:j
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    One credit card finally gone, that one was a long hard slog! So I am now down to 3 debts and hopefully by July it will be just 2 debts. My signature has been updated and next payday is tomorrow so will be able to pay another chunk off debt in the morning. I paid over €1000 off debt in March, I'm really happy with that, most I ever paid in a month! But I did have my work bonus so that helped a lot.

I have paid for our flights to London for June and booked the hotel and we have sent away for DD's passport last week. We are really looking forward to the break now. :cool:

Nothing else really to report, will update again tomorrow after debt repayments :)
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi DFW's,

I made debt repayments on Friday and I have updated my signature. Debt totals are slowly going down but its great to be past the half way mark, I have paid more off than I currently owe so I really know I can do this. Its taken over 2 years to get to this point but I am hoping to blitz the remaining total by this time next year. I seem to be doing much better this year than any other year so far, I've paid almost 3,000 off debt since Jan 1st. Debt free by April 2017 is my new goal. Then next summer all my money is my own, I can finally start saving and living life properly again without debt hanging over me.

I just realised on my next payday I should bring the total down to below 10,000 which is great - a 4 figure debt total, I haven't seen that in years and years. Its a mental thing but I think it will be a great boost to keep going!

Not much else to report, we go to London in 60 days (DD is doing a countdown) so we are excited about that. We have 4 days over there so I must do up a list of where we want to go and what we want to see, there is just so much to see!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business