Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I definitely think you should get back to pole...but then I am biased :D Actually I found I lost my focus a bit with routines before xmas, general Dec distractions and then the xmas break it's been quite hard to get back into it. However our teacher has given us lovely little 'work' booklets listing our moves to practice at least once a session, new moves we want to aim for (and our target date) and conditioning moves to work on that will compliment our new moves. We also have a section we can fill in for moves we can already do so we don't forget to practice them too (we've got to fill that out as she said there were too many :rotfl:) Silly me opened my mouth and said I wanted to add iron-X to my list of new moves...:eek: I'll let you google that if you're not familiar :D

I think you should go back to pole too :p Pole gets you fit!!

kerri gt - I've not heard of that move but we would call that a twisted grip and that's one of the ways we do hand springs - which I've only just managed.......then again it took me ages to do shoulder mount and I thought I'd never do them and now I'm pretty good at them and love them :)

Rosa - great news about the landlord contract :T
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Budget busted but for a VERRRY good reason... I GOT AN INTERVIEW :j:j:j

Am ridiculously pleased. Still only a slim chance of actually getting the job, but now I know I can do it and just need to prove it.

Oh and it means I passed a maths test :rotfl: which still always amazes me. :rotfl:

I've booked my interview slot and also booked a hotel for the night before - that's what costs the £70. It would be £100 for the train anyway and I would have been panicking about getting there on time. This way I get to drive up the day before and be all relaxed for the interview. I might even go up at lunchtime and book myself a massage at the hotel spa in the afternoon.

I think I can reclaim the petrol costs, so will look that up in a bit. I doubt I can get the hotel money back as then it would cost the recruiters a fortune, but I don't mind spending the money if it means I can be relaxed and hopefully perform better at the interview.

Otherwise NSD today as I took lunch in and never managed to escape the building. Not even going to talk about work because it's gone from silly to completely nonsensical.

Think I may just leave the washing up and treat myself to an early night, ready to get sorted and start swotting tomorrow :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I take the point about pole and hereby promise that IF I get the job then I will book myself a course of private lessons in celebration.

I should also confess to a Pepperberr7 parcel that arrived today. The top is fab and only £12.50 in the sale so that will stay. The rather lovely teal dress is gorgeous and I will keep it - just going to try out the next curviness size in store on the weekend in case that's a better fit. Am tempted to wear it for my interview as it's quite a thick material so could be OK for winter if I add tights, and would make me feel suitably fab :D. I do love their dresses for work - because they actually fit properly and are usually knee length to avoid emphasis on both legs and bust, I don't have to worry about cleavage exposure or bending over etc and they can look really smart. I also ordered a summer dress that was in the sale but it doesn't fit quite right and I'm not sure it's worth the £4 delivery charge to try the next curviness up, so that will probably just go back.

Rosa xx
  • vasseur
    Options
    Fantastic news about the interview :j
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    polesalot wrote: »
    I think you should go back to pole too :p Pole gets you fit!!

kerri gt - I've not heard of that move but we would call that a twisted grip and that's one of the ways we do hand springs - which I've only just managed.......then again it took me ages to do shoulder mount and I thought I'd never do them and now I'm pretty good at them and love them :)

Rosa - great news about the landlord contract :T

You're right, it does use a twisty grip which I started learning the back end of last year and have been getting used to using my bottom hand more by learning the curl-invert (idea is that I will the invert straight to butterfly). Most of the videos I've watched for Iron-X go into it from above, although I'd quite like to see if I can lift myself into it from the ground. Yep, learned the shoulder mount / dismount last year though bit out of practice with it atm - would like to be able to do it from a total dead lift and hold with v-legs.
    polesalot wrote: »
    Fantastic news about the interview :j

Ditto....and about pole ;)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vasseur
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    You're right, it does use a twisty grip which I started learning the back end of last year and have been getting used to using my bottom hand more by learning the curl-invert (idea is that I will the invert straight to butterfly). Most of the videos I've watched for Iron-X go into it from above, although I'd quite like to see if I can lift myself into it from the ground. Yep, learned the shoulder mount / dismount last year though bit out of practice with it atm - would like to be able to do it from a total dead lift and hold with v-legs.

Once you get back into the hang of it you should be able to do the V-legs quite easily. I never go straight up into it now.

Sorry to hijack rosa :o but I have no one else to talk about pole with !!
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    LOL pole talk away, just remind me occasionally of the wonders it would do for my minor muffin top.

Have had surprisingly effective day today. Told director this morning she needs to sort out work situation including paying me more if I am expected to continue with current responsibilities. Am so amazed I did that, I normally just put up and shut up. Rest of work was carp however and I have to go in tomorrow instead of working from home.

Raided M&S at lunchtime but think excusable as will take it out of tomorrow's pay. I got the Dine In which was a good plan as I'm now not only working tomorrow but going out in the evening with friends :j and that means all the tidying before landlord's visit on Saturday has had to happen tonight :(. Flat looks OK though and means I am all caught up ready to get swotting for interview. Or will be when I've done the ironing and changed the bed and washed up and sorted the stuff I need to take to work tomorrow...

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well it's better than I thought it would be. I didn't quite manage the intended OD reduction but heck, it was January.

I have been good and adjusted the spreadsheet to reflect reality :rotfl: plus admitting to the £75 that went on the credit card to book my graduation gown and photos. Debated leaving them to pay off at the time but it will only confuse matters and I shouldn't be giving myself wriggle room :o.

Anyway I did manage to knock £300 off since last month so the total debt now stands at £9,761. Nice to see it's remaining safely under 5 figures, phew. And the good news is that thanks to a very healthy car saving pot, net status is currently £8,890 ... busted a £1000 mark! :j

Sadly I will have the costs of the interview to account for next month (that's £75 for hotel, plus meal and petrol will be needed) so think the plan of paying off my overdraft by the end of March may have to be revised - I think the interest free mark is £250 so it would be nice if I could get it to that for then. But the main thing is that it's all getting less rather than more.

My rent has only gone up by £10 and as the landlord has sensibly told the rip-off agents where to go, no admin fees :j. I do need to sort out my contents insurance this month though and that will take up most of the no-CTax bonus. Plus I should be at the end of my phone and broadband contract, so am thinking of taking the MSE deal with Pr1mu5 even though it means paying in advance - that would about halve my current costs. I could also reduce my mobile goodybag but am not sure the risk of extra charges outweighs the fiver I'd gain - will investigate.

Sadly the electric company have decided that my direct debit should go up by £30 :(:mad:... Why can't they understand the principle that people use more electric in the winter and it will all even out by April?

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I've had a couple of un-shopping trips this weekend and returned a bunch of stuff I bought in the sales. A couple of things were OK but I decided not good enough - there is no need to complicate my life and slow up my progress by keeping stuff that isn't quite right without a good reason. Keep trying to remind myself that part of the debt busting progress is about timing, so even if I just manage to put off buying new jeans for a month, that's good. (Well it's not really as they have a hole worn on the inner thigh, but I haven't found any better ones yet and it will be summer soon so I can wear dresses.) Am quite amazed that we're almost through the worst of the weather and I have managed without buying a pair of winter boots. Mainly because I am constantly wearing a pair of brown pumps instead, and I am trying to convince myself that nobody else will notice the cracked leather on my red boots.

Also had a huge shop at Sainsbugs yesterday and spent £70 :o. £10 of that was household rather than food, as I got a scented candle on sale and an apple corer. Will be trying to make dried apple rings as I want to find some healthier snacks for at home and also better meals that I can take into work. So quite a bit of it was storecupboard stuff like popcorn and I stocked up on my favourite chocolate because even though it's expensive, if I buy it in advance I have no excuse to leave work and stray into M&5 :rotfl:.

I've got risotto from the weekend for work lunch tomorrow and made Spanish omelette tonight so that will do for Tuesday lunch - am really impressed with myself as used up quite a bit of fading veg from the fridge, and trimmed all the fat off the bacon, so have a healthy and cheap meal that's done tonight and will be really convenient for work.

I'm also thinking of getting a microwave steamer for work - that way I could take in stuff like the risotto or meat already cooked, and a handful of fresh veg to just fling in the steamer. Nicer and more vitamins than reheated cooked veg. May have to check W1lkos.

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    And just to add a little :j

Home insurance now sorted, £61.50 including legal cover and should give £19 cashback too.

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family