We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Touch wood the pump is working........all weekend!

Now, i need a practical solution for this winter.

Hay mangers. I have seen lots of pictures of home made hay bars, which are fine, but i need them to go round the whole length of the walls. I think i can see how to do it, whether i can do it is something else.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,724 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Not had a great weekend here. Had to take my dog to the vets and it wasn't good news. Have to let her go for the big sleep today and its killing me.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh lucielle, i am sorry.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    The right words arent there, lucielle, but I hope your visit today goes as well as it can.
  • Davesnave
    What about a helicoil type thing?

I didn't know about those, not having an engineering background, but they look just the ticket! Thanks. :):):)

I'd still get a local repair shop to do it, because although they'll charge, it will be cheaper than me messing up! :o
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Davesnave wrote: »
    I didn't know about those, not having an engineering background, but they look just the ticket! Thanks. :):):)

I'd still get a local repair shop to do it, because although they'll charge, it will be cheaper than me messing up! :o
    Oh well they might just tap a new thread in then. It depends what how much material there is left.

I'd probably just try and tap a new thread in myself, how thick are the walls? Do you have enough material to tap another thread in, do you know?

Also, helicoils are simple to use, there are videos on youtube, might be worth a look before you pay someone else to do it.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh well they might just tap a new thread in then. It depends what how much material there is left.

I'd probably just try and tap a new thread in myself, how thick are the walls? Do you have enough material to tap another thread in, do you know?

Also, helicoils are simple to use, there are videos on youtube, might be worth a look before you pay someone else to do it.

I wish someone practical like you lived close to me!

I yave been meaning to ask you if you ever got those chicken watering things, and if you did how they work for you. I am refilling water at least twice daily atm.
  • Davesnave

I'll look, but without the experience, I still think it's risky moving out of my comfort zone.

The bottom line is that a new brushcutter is over £400. This one has, perhaps, another 4 years left in it.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I wish someone practical like you lived close to me!

I yave been meaning to ask you if you ever got those chicken watering things, and if you did how they work for you. I am refilling water at least twice daily atm.
    Well I wish I lived closer to you tbh as well :D And I really mean that ;)

I didn't ever get a reply from the company, but the one I am using is working out really well for me. I'm trying to find them for you now.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Well I wish I lived closer to you tbh as well :D And I really mean that ;)

I didn't ever get a reply from the company, but the one I am using is working out really well for me. I'm trying to find them for you now.

Thanks.

Yeah, smeone else's diy, fun, huh?:rotfl: My technique for the pump was a half hour chat with it, about how it would really help me out if it would just comply, and i was perfectly happy for it to have a break for a couple of days every week....:rotfl: obviously that had no i pact, but it has been working since.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure