We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Rhiwfield is deeply grateful to Alf for both her generosity and her purchasing skills.

On an MSE note, despite only partial netting, the blackbirds havent touched our soft fruit. Been snacking on oodles of soft, sweet goosegogs, and the strawbs, raspberries and blackcurrants had the first big pick today by DD1 and the 3 GDs (smoothies, jellies etc)

Bucketed it down first thing for a couple of hours. 3 jacket morning at the boot, sold a bit less than usual, then came home and was blown away by one ebay sale. Thanks again Alf!!!
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Rhiwfield is deeply grateful to Alf for both her generosity and her purchasing skills.

On an MSE note, despite only partial netting, the blackbirds havent touched our soft fruit. Been snacking on oodles of soft, sweet goosegogs, and the strawbs, raspberries and blackcurrants had the first big pick today by DD1 and the 3 GDs (smoothies, jellies etc)

Bucketed it down first thing for a couple of hours. 3 jacket morning at the boot, sold a bit less than usual, then came home and was blown away by one ebay sale. Thanks again Alf!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: oh ! it was just a joke, can i have it back please...:D:D:D:D
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    alfie_1 wrote: »

dave..... sorry to hear of your engine woes... i too thought there was a special paste you could get that you put in but then i suppose they are stuck in ?? but then i think i remember that a sharp whack free's them....ive prob got that totally wrong...:o
    No you're right. Should go in with Loctite, which will lock the threads, but only if you have threads to start with!:rotfl:
    3rd attempt...and what day does he pick ???
    FRIDAY THE 13TH....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: his mode of thinking was that hardly anyone will jump that day so no ques...:rotfl::rotfl:

That's the day DD1 gets married in the Registry Office. :)

Then we do it all again the following day in a church....just not the church in this village.:( The vicar here wouldn't marry her, as we're not one of his dwindling flock.

Bound to be sunny, both days! :D
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Davesnave wrote: »
    That's the day DD1 gets married in the Registry Office. :)

Then we do it all again the following day in a church....just not the church in this village.:( The vicar here wouldn't marry her, as we're not one of his dwindling flock.

Bound to be sunny, both days! :D

reminds me of when i wanted son christened in my local church [whilst im not particularly religeous thought it a good idea..:) ]
    bearing in mind this village was toffsville..and all part of local Lords estate..some loyal locals rather frowned on me.... i went to see the new vicar and was surprised...:o to see it was the guy who had bought some goslings from me weeks before.... i explained i was a single mum, had lived in sin and could/ would he do it......
    he laughed like hell [excuse pun] and said of course he would.......and could he have some of my bantams aswell....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

my boss at the time lent me his family christening gown ,over 125yrs old then and i was terrified son would "damage" it...;)
    all went well tho....:D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Alfie.....

I am going to start that list soon, but two internal doors, one for a loo one for a kitchen....big domestic doors, any style.....you know my doors all mismatch anyway. A nice example of its type more important than type i think, but i would choose long planks with scope for a latch over a handle if i had a choice.

And two nice chimney pots for working chimneys. :)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    edited 1 July 2012 at 9:15PM
    Alfie.....

I am going to start that list soon, but two internal doors, one for a loo one for a kitchen....big domestic doors, any style.....you know my doors all mismatch anyway. A nice example of its type more important than type i think, but i would choose long planks with scope for a latch over a handle if i had a choice.

And two nice chimney pots for working chimneys. :)

:j:j:j IM ON IT !!

height? width?

mine here are 6" wider than the norm...:rotfl: so what is YOUR norm ??

bummeroo, i saw some chimley pots last week....:( but fear not DEL GIRL has her "find it" badge....:D

oooooooooooooooo i know where theres some doors, will get pics tomorow ;)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    :j:j:j IM ON IT !!

height? width?

mine here are 6" wider than the norm...:rotfl: so what is YOUR norm ??

bummeroo, i saw some chimley pots last week....:( but fear not DEL GIRL has her "find it" badge....:D

Think we can make gap to order but will measure tomorrow.
  • Alexelisey
    Alexelisey Posts: 392 Forumite
    Good morning all!

No progress to report here, still just ticking along with the office job - busy again this week but it doesn't really stop it from being the same old thing week in week out.

I'm trying to decide what to do for our first wedding anniversary in September, it's on a Sunday and I have booked some time off work. I want to have a few days away but younger son is on nights so kitty cat may be lonely and chicken will be at risk of being a fox-feast. The chicken run is relatively fox-proof but normally there are people in and out of the garden all day (smokers). Without that deterrent, it's risky. And younger son won't know which nights he's working until the Saturday which is the first day of his working week. What to do, what to do... :(
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Alexelisey nice to hear from you:beer:, are there loads of foxes in your area? but on saying that you only need one..

My Linen lady came to see me yesturday, so sold some linen, plus she has taken some of my quilts etc t sell for me, ( split the money) also managed to get some bits on the old fleabay..so going to see if i can get one or two bits on everyday....

As I REALLY do need to get my butt in gear and start getting some serious pennies together...I need to challenge myself again..and set myself a weekly/monthly target .I am starting to do that on swagbucks, so hopefully i should get my treadle poultry feeder next month...

Alfie..... I told hubby that you said for us to keep the chicken coup. and he shook his head and laughed..:D as he knows we will use it somewhere down the line.....so we will see....I am seeing the ££££££ signs in everything at mo..

Have taken pics of our trailer, so will post them later the trailer size is 12 x 6 x6 foot, so not bad for £450:D

ooooo ye suprise, suprise, ITS RAINING:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Davesnave wrote: »

Then, as I had all the bits to mend the brushcutter, I set out to do that and found I couldn't. :( Basically, the two studs that hold the silencer on fell out, but before they did, they vibrated so much they wore away the threads they screw into, which are in the alloy cylinder block. So, I need to find an engineers to re-bore the cylinder and fit with oversize studs. Then I'll just have the problem of fitting the muffler onto those unless they also machine them down a bit and thread them. Sounds like a nasty, expensive job to me! At the moment, the cover is off and I have the silencer held on with a strong spring clip, but it makes a hell of a racket.:eek:

I've always been keen on my Honda brushcutter, but this is a bit of a let-down. :(
    What about a helicoil type thing?
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure