Butts Lightning Bankruptcy

124»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Butts wrote: »
    Strangely enough no. The impression I got as that it was a "tick box" excercise. Provided what you were claiming for as expenses was within the proscribed limits how you were going to fund it was an area not explored.

In theory that is the way the process should work now, using theStandard Financial Statement
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Just a further update regarding the Virgin Media "Fiasco" where they cut off my service without warning.

I have now had Now TV Broadband and Home Phone installed without the need for any credit check.

BT Openreach a subsidiary of BT installed it on behalf of Now TV a subsidiary of Sky TV - how weird is that. They were here for 3 hours on Tuesday and made a damn good job of it. All for the princely sum of £22 paid by debit card in advance.

My 1st regular payment of £45.99 was taken off my debit card once it went live. For that I get Super Fast Fibre Broadband, Home Phone with included calls to UK Landlines and Mobiles, Line Rental and the basic NOW TV pass.

For a Bankrupt or anyone with a dodgy credit history I can thoroughly reccomend them. As you pay in advance no credit check required.

Going back to Virgin - is Virgin Mobile a different company from Virgin Media as my Mobile continues to run okay ?
  • Butts wrote: »

Going back to Virgin - is Virgin Mobile a different company from Virgin Media as my Mobile continues to run okay ?

different company as far as im aware yep...
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    different company as far as im aware yep...

Incorrect, ish. Liberty Global bought Virgin Mobile UK in 2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Mobile_UK

However, while both owned by LG and operated as a division of Virgin media, officially, they are not the same, which may explain the difference in their policies.

However, Virgin Media customers can pay for a Mobile contract as part of their overall billing system now, so newer accounts may be affected by this policy in this case.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    StopIt wrote: »
    Incorrect, ish. Liberty Global bought Virgin Mobile UK in 2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Mobile_UK

However, while both owned by LG and operated as a division of Virgin media, officially, they are not the same, which may explain the difference in their policies.

However, Virgin Media customers can pay for a Mobile contract as part of their overall billing system now, so newer accounts may be affected by this policy in this case.

Off topic, but congrats to StopIt on becoming a board guide!

I was actually thinking a few days back that you'd make a good one.
  • Jr14
    Jr14 Posts: 60 Forumite
    How do virgin media find out about bankruptcy? I’ve submitted a DRO - will I be cut off too? :(
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Jr14 wrote: »
    How do virgin media find out about bankruptcy? I’ve submitted a DRO - will I be cut off too? :(

By all accounts I was a bit unlucky - hopefully you will be okay :D
  • Jr14
    Jr14 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Thanks - fingers crossed :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business