Crazy question, but friend signed off but got text saying he has appointment

He signed off Wednesday and assumed that was end of it, did it in person at jobcentre after work and got a text today stating he has an appointment Monday

Crazily thinking maybe they have screwed up and either not shut claim, or not shut it and logged him as working without telling jobcentre either way worried he may not get his final money.

Just wanted a few opinions.

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Not sure what's crazy, but opinions are pointless. He needs to call the JCP on Monday, no one else can answer his question.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Not sure what's crazy, but opinions are pointless. He needs to call the JCP on Monday, no one else can answer his question.

Im sure he can do that when he works in a factory that doesn't give him a break at all! (which I am not sure is legal in itself)

But it was also to see if it was a common thing JC calling someone in after they signed off or is it they screwed up the admin side.
  • dekaspace wrote: »
    Im sure he can do that when he works in a factory that doesn't give him a break at all! (which I am not sure is legal in itself)

But it was also to see if it was a common thing JC calling someone in after they signed off or is it they screwed up the admin side.

So he calls before or after his shift, or at his soonest opportunity.

His work records will show he called as early as he could.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    What benefit was he on?
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    annandale wrote: »
    What benefit was he on?

JSA
    So he calls before or after his shift, or at his soonest opportunity.

His work records will show he called as early as he could.

The point was he can't phone before his shift as he starts before the lines open and after his shift was hours after the appointment was meant to be, earliest he could of gone to JC after his shift would be about 5.45 when its closed, he tells me he doesn't get a break in the job just a lunch break which is fully taken by the amount of time it takes to get to staff room, undressed, and redressed.

I will speak to him later, and ask if his final JSA is in, but part of reason for opening thread was to see if it was a common thing to be called to an appointment after signing off, friend seems to think its because he was meant to sign on today if he didn't have a job.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dekaspace wrote: »

15 minutes per 6 hours working
  • Can't he tell his supervisor he's touching cloth and make the call in the toilets?
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I know is this moot now, but a quick call from the loo would only work if that was going to advisor direct or the actual JCP he signs on at.

If it was the general number to a contact centre, forget it, looking at 20-45 minutes just for someone to answer the phone.

My calls go there and I've become used to dialing, and then putting the phone to the side and getting on with something else!
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thought I would update this, friend decided it must of been in error so didn't phone but got a text saying he missed his appointment so rang up and was told just ignore the messages as his claim is closed.

He hasn't checked if his final payment is in (I told him thats the first thing he should do!)
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    As a general observation, mistakes happen. With thousands of appointments every day there will always be the odd change which isn't completed correctly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure