Amex shop small back

Options

Comments

• m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really underwhelmed with my local offerings - it seems to be predominantly posh clothes shops plus hairdressers and restaurants, and other big ticket items such as carpets, furniture or lighting. There's nowhere I can buy stamps. There is however a burial ground! So far on my list I have a posh bakery where I could buy some overpriced cakes for the sake of it and I'll think of something to buy from the local ironmongers and that's it.
  • SYHR
    SYHR Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    The strange thing about this is that, on the map of locations near me, there are several listed establishments (mainly takeaways) that don't accept card payments whatsoever, never mind Amex. Does anybody else notice this in their area?
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    It says:- Shop Small from Saturday 3 to Sunday 18 December 2016.

I am right in saying this is not saturday's?

My online Amex account shows shows PO offer:-

Spend £10 or more, get £5 back
    Save to Card to get a £5 statement credit on an eligible transaction of £10+ in-store at Post Office by 31 December 2016. Valid once per Card for the first 30,000 Cardmembers to save. Terms and payment restrictions apply.

How can I add this offer on my MBNA and Barclaycard Amex cards?

Thanks
    MS
  • gradgirl
    Options
    I've used the offer multiple times for that past few years, I don't think there is any restriction as to the days the transaction it is done on..mine were always on Saturdays in previous years.
    I'm not sure about mbna or barclaycard but for standard Amex you can opt in to the offer under the offers section when logged into your account.

It says in the terms and conditions this year that the offer excludes gift cards! Previous years this is all I have used the deal for, I don't remember seeing that condition in other years.. Does anyone else?
    Also, how would Amex know it was gift cards purchased? Unsure whether to risk it or not!
  • starM
    Options
    I have purchased gift cards using Amex when they had debenhams and argos offers £50 £25 bk. Never had any problems.

As you have said how Amex will know gift cards has been purchased. It goes through as a normal transactions.
  • starM
    Options
    Purchased giftcards at Post office shop (not counter) today - tracked immediately with an email from Amex.

Shop Small from Saturday 3 to Sunday 18 December 2016.

I have used my card at small shop - no email from Amex - now I am considering if this offer is only available on Saturdays. But Amex conditions are not very clear.

Has anyone used card today - did you can get email?
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The offer runs through until the 18th.

I wouldn't worry for now. If you pay contactless, you won't get an e-mail, but you will still get the cashback when it's paid a few days after the transaction gets added to your statement. Similarly, it's possible for a chip+pin transaction to not ring home at the time - so again you won't get an e-mail, but it will be paid when the transaction is added to your statement. In addition, even if something does ring home, it's possible that you won't get an e-mail.

If a store was listed, and the £5 isn't paid, then it's usually resolved through a quick message to AmEx.

Edit: All my transactions except one today were contactless, so no e-mail, the one chip+pin didn't send an e-mail, but as above, not too worried either way.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    I have used my card at small shop - no email from Amex - now I am considering if this offer is only available on Saturdays. But Amex conditions are not very clear.
    AmEx conditions are quite clear: 'Offer only applies to spend on your saved Card between 3 and 18 December 2016'.

As regards emails, I don't remember getting them last time they ran this (apart from the initial one confirming I had 'saved the offer to card'). But my only purchase so far was contactless, so we'll see.
  • Jeems
    Jeems Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is a takeaway near me listed on the map, which has a big sign at the counter that says they don't take amex. I reported it last year, but still listed.

Send them a secure message or call them and tell them this. They'll normally offer you the £5 anyway as a gesture of goodwill / thank you for telling them. I've done this a few times since I started using the shop small offers.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2016 at 8:45AM
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    It says:- Shop Small from Saturday 3 to Sunday 18 December 2016.

I am right in saying this is not saturday's?

My online Amex account shows shows PO offer:-

Spend £10 or more, get £5 back
    Save to Card to get a £5 statement credit on an eligible transaction of £10+ in-store at Post Office by 31 December 2016. Valid once per Card for the first 30,000 Cardmembers to save. Terms and payment restrictions apply.

How can I add this offer on my MBNA and Barclaycard Amex cards?

Thanks
    MS
    Register Mbna and Barclay here

https://www.amexshopsmall.co.uk/shop-small-for-shoppers/card

my PO are not on this promo for some reason? usualy get xmas stamps:D
    is it on save to card, my offers or shopsmall map?
    off to do 2 butchers tomorrow.
    last year I got e-mails, but save to card may be different this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure