MoneySaving Poll: Which UK stores do you LOVE or LOATHE?

Poll started 29 March 2016

Which UK stores do you LOVE or LOATHE?

Retailers love us to have a relationship with them. Indeed, many feel an almost intimate connection with some brands, but wouldn’t be seen dead crossing others’ thresholds. So let’s see…

Please pick up to THREE that you love and up to THREE that you loathe (and feel free to discuss any that we haven't had space to list!):

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Would have liked to have been able to tick all the stores I liked or loathed or maybe had an in-between choice like 'never used'. I found it very difficult to just choose 3 I liked as there are many.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • sylwright
    sylwright Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wondered why Poundland and Poundworld were included but Home Bargains wasn't.

Also judging by the fact that a huge amount of people loved Waitrose then its no surprise that a huge number hated the pound shops.

I'll say no more :)
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you
  • Planter12
    Planter12 Posts: 25 Forumite
    'Loathe' is too strong a word, but I certainly don't like visiting a branch.

The signage is awful, it's difficult to find what you want and I've had to be almost led by the hand to the checkouts, because they weren't sign-posted anywhere. Who'd have thought it was a great idea not to tell customers where they can pay for their goods?

Oh, and my nearest branch has two sections, where you have to exit the shop in order to visit the other section, by re-using the entrance. You can only visit one section at any one time. Idiotic.

I prefer ordering online.
  • Tech101
    Tech101 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Agreed, the two sections with different exits and entrances is irritating.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    And Iceland?
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Planter12 wrote: »
    'Loathe' is too strong a word, but I certainly don't like visiting a branch.

The signage is awful, it's difficult to find what you want and I've had to be almost led by the hand to the checkouts, because they weren't sign-posted anywhere. Who'd have thought it was a great idea not to tell customers where they can pay for their goods?

Oh, and my nearest branch has two sections, where you have to exit the shop in order to visit the other section, by re-using the entrance. You can only visit one section at any one time. Idiotic.

I prefer ordering online.

You can exit the shop?

The Ikea in my town probably has people still wandering around in a daze trying to find the way out. You can get a lift direct to the top floor as you enter, but once there you wander into sections of the store to find yet another dead end. It is a nightmare to find the next sales floor.

When you want to pay, you have to find a different lift to take you to the floor which looks like a warehouse and the tills are tucked away at the far end.

If there ever was an emergency and the place had to be evacuated there would be complete panic and mayhem.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • I'm not surprised that Apple has a negative trend. I switched to Apple computers due to frustration with Windows several years back. However, it now seems that Apple phones and computers are becoming increasingly bug ridden and 'new' versions and updates are frequent. Irritating...
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    I don't 'love or loathe' any shops.

They provide a service and I choose to take advantage of that service or not.
  • brutus6
    brutus6 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Not a big fan of John Lewis... Never Knowingly Undersold? That's because the change products only slightly so they can claim it's not like for like.

I find it very overpriced, to be honest.
  • Maureen43
    Maureen43 Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The shop I loathe above all others wasn't a choice here....Sports Direct.

Cramped shops with no room to move, fake sale prices, unhelpful staff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure