Where to get water softener salt?

Comments

• Cheapest place I can find in SE Kent at the moment is Aquasof Salt in Herne Bay. Small Family owned business but great prices
  • Hi All
    for my salt i use Culligan who are the cheepest that i have found they sell tablet salt which i use for £8.28 a bag to collect or when i had it deliverd one for 5 bags it cost me £40.83:j
  • I found a company in Holt near Trowbridge called Paul Hodges Salt Supplies, they sell tablet salt at £8.30 for 25kg or delivery of min 5 bags and £6 delivery. I just pop in when i'm passing. :rotfl:
  • Witham
    Witham Posts: 19 Forumite
    I've looked at loads of websites selling salt but most seem to supply in a limited area, but I found this lot http://www.salt-supplies.co.uk delivery anywhere. My water softener uses Kinetico block salt, it was the cheapest I found by a mile, specially in the bulk lots - we did a deal to share with a neighbour and bought about two years supply in one lot which worked out just over £3 per pack delivered so we saved about 35%.
    You're either Witham or against'em
  • check out the tablet salt direct website cannot add the link but it is www .tablet salt direct . c.o . uk (without the gaps of course!)
    minimum order only 3 bags and free delivery - not sure about block salt but definitely do tablet.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    check out the tablet salt direct website cannot add the link but it is www .tablet salt direct . c.o . uk (without the gaps of course!)
    minimum order only 3 bags and free delivery - not sure about block salt but definitely do tablet.

I am a cynical old b****r when I see posts like this - lavish praise in a first post.............

BUT even if this is spam - it 'aint a bad price including delivery !
  • moneypudden
    moneypudden Posts: 21 Forumite
    Read this thread with interest, and whether your interest is in a water softener or water softening tablets (as in Calgon) the link below will be of interest. The conclusion for using Calgon in the washing machine (which is where i came in, new machine being delivered today and they now only have a cold inlet feed) is that it's a wastee of money. A good washing powder apparently has scale inhibitor and it works provided you use the correct doseage. Good enough for me as i've never used Calgon despite being in a hard water area, just a twice yearly washing machine de-scaler bought from local independent repair shop - but you do need to give the filter a good clean and check your waste outlet afterwards to remove any large lumps of scale.

http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/limescale.html
  • saywfe
    saywfe Posts: 1 Newbie
    Looking over the subject of water softener tablets there is a need for a reliable and competitive source,if you look at packagingandmuchmore they sell the salt .They do gritting salt and water softening salt in granular or tablet form.From 10kg to 25 kg bags. The water softener tablets in 10kg bag are popular. A pallet of 120 bags in the region of £4.20 per bag plus vat, delivered,smaller quantity will cost more.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    saywfe wrote: »
    Looking over the subject of water softener tablets there is a need for a reliable and competitive source,if you look at packagingandmuchmore they sell the salt .They do gritting salt and water softening salt in granular or tablet form.From 10kg to 25 kg bags. The water softener tablets in 10kg bag are popular. A pallet of 120 bags in the region of £4.20 per bag plus vat, delivered,smaller quantity will cost more.

First post ! I'm getting cynical again !!

I am paying little more than that for a 25kG bag !!! 10kG bags really are a rip-off !
  • cnc279
    cnc279 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I don't know about bags, but if you want blocks delivered, here is a good bet:

uk-water-softeners.co.uk

think delivery is only in Surrey/Berkshire/Hampshire area though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure