PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 20 April 2017

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning chums not a successful nights sleep at all and I have been up since 5.30.no doubt a Nanny nap will be on the cards later :).Busy morning this morning though as I want to make a lemon drizzle cake to take with me tomorrow on my holiday It will use up the two lemons in the bottom of the fridge and I am also making some peanut butter cookies as well to finish off the jar of peanut butter. I have packed a small plastic crate with bits and pieces to take with us foodwise, mainly basic tea/coffee biscuits,rice pasta etc and a few tins, all helps when you are self-catering ,plus we will still have a couple of pub meals when we are out, and a pot of tea and a scone or teacake is always part of our spring break :)

I hope the weather perks up a bit as its a very grey looking day at the moment with lots of cloud and not that warm, good job we aren't looking for the sun in Mancland :)
    Tru my DDs little rescue Westie even tries to dig a hole in her sitting room carpet at times .He would make an excellent miner as he loves nothing better than digging and as he is snowy white his paws and snout seem to be forever grey :)very lively little chap and will bark at almost anything, but the family adore him:)

T/A enjoy your bargain hunting Leeds market sounds interesting I am on the hunt for a decent market in the area of Manchester to visit next week.
    H/H you sound like you and Captain Hot Stuff have settled in to your life afloat :)

nmlc hope you enjoy your holidays

Right, time is galloping on and so must I , have a good day chums whatever you are doing

Cheers JackieO xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a lovely bright morning here, the weather has been so nice for the last couple of weeks, I hope it continues.

DD14 is staying home today as she has had a bad night, well, it started during her last lesson at school so it has been going on for a while. She is wiped out now so I told her to try and get some sleep. Her nurse is coming tomorrow with a lady from the early psychosis team so hopefully they will be able to give her some help and advice. I am very worried.

I had a good day yesterday, I caught the bus into town, picked up DD14's meds, bought myself a bag of chips and sat in the sunshine reflecting on how I wouldn't even have been able to leave the house last year. My lovely CMHT lady has made such a huge difference to my life and I am going to make her a thank you card. It doesn't seem enough but it will be from the heart. I hope DD14's nurse will be as helpful to her.

My friend is coming over again today as she is going through a rough time with her children at the moment. I don't mind listening to her and I can usually make her see the funny side of things so she leaves a bit happier. She is such a lovely friend, I love her to bits.

tiredmum2 - I am so envious of your trip, it sounds like you had an amazing time x
    tru - when you have cracked Scampi's tendency to dig, please give me some tips. Max only digs in a couple of places but it's like he is trying to reach Australia! x
    TA, good luck to Mr TA for his injection, hope you have a nice time at the market and get some bargains x

Well, I am going to quickly make some oatbran porridge for my breakfast and then tidy up before my friend arrives.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a decent day in work followed by football. I then went and visited a female friend to give her some tickets for the Old Firm game on Sunday and also said goodbye to her before she leaves for Barcelona for 5 months on Tuesday. Not bad for some.

Didn't get to sleep till well after 11, so when my alarm went off at 5.30am I felt a bit groggy and decided to skip the gym today and swapped that for an extra hour in bed.

Need to chase my mortgage brokers again today to check if they can move the date forward on all the paperwork to 16th May. Fingers crossed.

I don't have any plans for this evening as it stands which is good as I've a hectic schedule for the remainder of the week.

My question for today; is £200 for a brand new Dyson vacuum worth it? Noticed it on sale in Currys and Argos.

Judi - Well in comparison to your sleeping troubles, I really shouldn't be complaining. Hope you have a better night tonight.
    Gers - Well spotted. Hope there aren't any complications and it works out.
    tiredmum - Glad you enjoyed your trip and it's on my bucket list to visit there.
  • Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Specky, I have a dyson, its my second and I love it, some people baulk at the cost but for me it is cost effective, I could not believe how much muck it sooked up. My first one lasted me 13 years.

OH is not happy, its raining and he wanted to cut the front grass, so I guess it will be like a hay meadow when we get back from our break.

Plans today.......get stuff together for tomorrow, bake scones and lemon drizzle cake, cut rhubarb for a friend and take it up to them. I am hoping they will keep an eye on the place whilst we are away, reward....loads of rhubarb!! There are 5 plants in the garden and they are all going mad.

Our neighbour is back in hospital, ambulance at 11.30 last night, apparently he has a chest infection.......I feel so sorry for his wife, she is in her late 80's, not in good health herself and getting no help with him at all.

Right time to get the bum into gear and get on..............
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Speky, that seems like a good deal - is it an upright. I'm very happy with mine, although it's quite heavy. We bought a vax for the Yorkshire house because it was lighter and cheaper and I wish we hadn't, it's very unmanoeuvrable, if that's a word.

AOD, I thought the Ancient Mariner "stoppeth one of three" or is that one of the parodies of it. I've no idea what it means but I must admit I hve no poetry in my soul, unless it rhymes and makes sense I haven't a clue.

Dumpling, I'm so happy for you that your own health is so much improved, hopefully DD14 will be sorted out soon.

We have a Westie next door here that barks constantly when the humans are out (there are 2 other dogs but it doesn't seem to count them as company). I try to ignore it but sometimes it's a bit wearing.

We want to go to Settle today to buy cheap tickets for the journey to Carlisle before the offer ends. DH also needs to buy more stuff for the tidy up of the backyard, aka complete renovation, including pointing walls and trying to convince me we need a new back gate (it looks perfectly fine to me).

Our visitors arrive around 4pm so I want to make scones, a rhubarb and strawberry pie (I bought some tasteless strawbs so I'm hoping cooking will help) and mushroom and parsnip rosti bake for dinner.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    snoozer drizzle some honey over the tasteless strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon to give it a bit of oomph.
    Dumpling you have been amazing and what a nice idea to do a card for your CMHT lady she obviously has helped you so much through all of your traumas I hope your DD gets the same sort of help
    lemon drizzle is in the oven and my friend just phoned to say can I come up earlier to Dartford in the morning to pick her up as she is so looking forward to our trip ,so I shall be on the road by 07.30 because of the rush hour, and its 25 miles to where she lives first :)

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Lovely bright day here again we have been so lucky with the weather, we took the dog to the park last night and she dragged us into the pub again :rotfl: we had a meal while we were there which was very tasty, we need Evie to learn how to settle in a pub though as she barked at everyone coming and going :o

Not sure what we are up to today, at some point I need to phone the mortgage company and see if they can do us a better deal and get some quotes on re-mortgaging, its a very dull job and not one I am looking forward to :(.

I have some plants to put in the garden so might do that this afternoon.

Have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm running on caffeine today. DD2 was amazed to find me dressed at 8 o'clock this morning. I'm sure I'll regret it later.

My Mountain Goat has been fed, bathed and is happily going through a tube of Smarties and drawing a picture of Pepper Pig. He's easily occupied and easily pleased (most of the time).
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    dumpling wrote: »
    My lovely CMHT lady has made such a huge difference to my life and I am going to make her a thank you card. It doesn't seem enough but it will be from the heart.
    She will be delighted. Some of my most treasured possessions are "thank you" cards from owners of dogs I've looked after (some actually worded from the dogs themselves). As Mr LW says "thank you is a much neglected form of compensation".
    My question for today; is £200 for a brand new Dyson vacuum worth it? Noticed it on sale in Currys and Argos.
    I :heart: my Dys0n. I bought the lightest model in their upright "Animal" range and it's brilliant.

Mr LW is cooking our dins tonight - omelette, which is his speciality. We can't go out for a meal as Ronnie is here (I don't really like eating out in any case) but I refuse to cook on my birthday! :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Happy Birthday LameWolf, hope you have an amazing day and Maxy-moo sends you a big slurrrrp xxxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure