Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• I had pulled up and jumped out of the car ready to pick, and then realised I need boots, trousers and it was getting dark...........I will return next week with boots, trousers, long sleeves, gloves and in the day light with a bucket (OH can separate the green bit from the nuts)
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Chicken :D

Take a couple of buckets because you don't know what you are getting. There should actually be quite a few loose nuts just laying on the floor so you might do OK.

It's funny, I can't remember not going blackberrying and chestnutting, simply always done it even as a child. I am not sure whether the seasons have moved or chestnuts are ripening earlier, but I remember as a young child chestnutting in the snow, not an easy task :rotfl::rotfl:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite

Take a couple of buckets because you don't know what you are getting. There should actually be quite a few loose nuts just laying on the floor so you might do OK.

It's funny, I can't remember not going blackberrying and chestnutting, simply always done it even as a child. I am not sure whether the seasons have moved or chestnuts are ripening earlier, but I remember as a young child chestnutting in the snow, not an easy task :rotfl::rotfl:

If it was snowy, I would be better able to find fallen ones... it is thick undergrowth!

I am thinking of protective clothing!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • If it was snowy, I would be better able to find fallen ones... it is thick undergrowth!

I am thinking of protective clothing!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh dear, that bad :eek:

I walk into blackberry bushes in jeans, might be worth having a stick on hand if it is that bad! It is well worth it though. That said I simply have not had chance to do anything with the nuts I collected, they are in the freezer for when things are less manic.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Sunshinemummy
    Oh dear, that bad :eek:

I walk into blackberry bushes in jeans, might be worth having a stick on hand if it is that bad! It is well worth it though. That said I simply have not had chance to do anything with the nuts I collected, they are in the freezer for when things are less manic.

The tree is 80 odd miles from my house, but near where I go rather regularly for work... so should to be dressed in work clothes... but jeans and wellies are looking good!

I love them roasted, but never tasted soup but soup and brioche is on the menu!

:D:D:D:D:D
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    The tree is 80 odd miles from my house, but near where I go rather regularly for work... so should to be dressed in work clothes... but jeans and wellies are looking good!

I love them roasted, but never tasted soup but soup and brioche is on the menu!

Chestnut soup topped with crispy bacon........a perfect Christmas soup:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunshinemummy
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Chestnut soup topped with crispy bacon........a perfect Christmas soup:)

Christmas.... we are posh.... prawn cocktails all the way!

• Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o:o

Another lazy morning here

Glad Rhos is alright & in the loop :)

Feeling glum as Dad has had another mini stroke :( This time a Dr was called & he has to have a CT scan :) The worrying bit is it a bleed one or a clot?
    Clot would be better as blood can be thinned. He also has blood cancer so blood has to be monitored ...

So I'm away with my gloomy thoughts at the moment :o

Very sorry to hear your dad has blood cancer snap.
    Big hugs

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    DS arrived home last night for a couple of days:T:T He's been hard at work sorting out all our technical issues. Downloaded this app for me ........Vivino and I'm loving it.

You take a photo of the label or input the name of your wine and you get a score out of 5. Here is the score of the Hardys I bought earlier.

DS reckons that there's not many above the 4 mark and he's right. We only have one in the house and it's the boxed Coop Moet champagne we got a few years back. It came out at 4.1.

Interested to see if anyone has anything higher:)

C972AA0F-A47B-4CE6-8194-CCE9C86C2255_zpsrinnvtxo.png

Oooh I am going to have so much fun with that. :beer:

Just went to the website and popped in a name search from one I could remember "Sister's Run" from a mystery box while back and hit 4.1 straight off. :D

Will have to see if I can beat that, it's too cold and dark to have a proper play now. :o
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!

I went collecting chestnuts this morning after Id been to T's. I keep one of those reachers in the car, so easy for picking them up and putting them into the bag. Use to be able to get these reachers cheap in one of the discount shops. Was either B&M or Home Bargains. But don't know if they still have them.
    hth :)
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Enterprise sorry to hear the news about your FIL. Thinking of you and your family. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure