warning do not use clothes for cash

Comments

• paidinchickens
    paidinchickens Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    am i missing something has a reply been removed ???
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    am i missing something has a reply been removed ???

Yes, the company responded without approaching MSE for approval. Reported and MSE have deleted. No problem with company representatives answering queries/problems but they must obtain permission to post.

HTH
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    If the company response was that bad, it should have been left so we could all see what their customer service was like.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• davester
    davester Posts: 4,079
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 22 May 2011 at 12:18PM
    patman99 wrote: »
    If the company response was that bad, it should have been left so we could all see what their customer service was like.

It is not a question of a bad response. The T&C of the forum says any company representation needs permission to post. But the jist was they said the OP hadn't followed their T&C hence why she didn't get paid.

Just read their T&C. I would love to know how a marked line on a bin bag =15kg, it would all depend on the type of clothes and the material. Bunch of amature muppets you are and reeks of scam. Someone could put in say 5 bomber jacket type coats and goes well over the line but no where near the 15kg and therefore wouldn't pay you.
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • mazy_m
    mazy_m Posts: 661
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the warning was going to get rid of a bad or two (way too many clothes just laying about in my room!)

Now I know where not to take it!!

I hope CFC read all these comments and realise they're going to lose out on so many customers!!!
    A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."
  • JimboP_2
    JimboP_2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Close call - my partner looked at sending a load of clothes off but realised we had other bits to get rid of as well so ended up taking the whole lot to a car booty - looks like a good job we did now. I hope CFC pull their finger out and give you the money, or at least the clothes back red devil.
  • andy.m_2
    andy.m_2 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    I was having a clear out and thinking of using CFC, I am glad that they showed their true colours and I can avoid them like the plague.
    Car booty here we come.

Shame as if they stuck to their ethos then it would be a good system and could work well for all parties.
    Sealed pot challange no: 339
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2011 at 12:31PM
    Shot themselves in the foot from the sounds of things. If everyone who reads this thread warns a couple of friends who tell a couple of friends......
    Oh dear, all for the sake of a few quid.
    Bad practice, bad company.
    Thanks for the info OP, I have 3 large bags of stuff, mainly suits & smart clothes from my working days, that I can't be bothered to ebay, & was going to try this company, looks like it will be the local Hospice CS.
  • pipscot
    pipscot Posts: 353 Forumite
    Cherry21 wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining about clothesforcash.com? i used it not long ago & was very happy with the value i received. At the end of the day the clothes you send are obviously not in use to you anymore so any cash is just a great way of earning a little extra in hard times. If you read the T&C you can not be disappointed. I have many friends who have used this site & been more then happy. You may get more using car boots but this takes time & it may be a waste. Problem is to many people are quick to judge & complain in this country & not support businesses who also support the economy. READ T&C AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! I received £35.00 for my UNWANTED clothing!! ACE!! :-)

Interesting first post! You must be really impressed to go to the trouble of creating an account just to let people know this....;)
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cherry21 wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining about clothesforcash.com? i used it not long ago & was very happy with the value i received. At the end of the day the clothes you send are obviously not in use to you anymore so any cash is just a great way of earning a little extra in hard times. If you read the T&C you can not be disappointed. I have many friends who have used this site & been more then happy. You may get more using car boots but this takes time & it may be a waste. Problem is to many people are quick to judge & complain in this country & not support businesses who also support the economy. READ T&C AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! I received £35.00 for my UNWANTED clothing!! ACE!! :-)

I wonder if they will ever come back on here ever again......register, post (praise a-plenty):D and dissapear!
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills