Top Graduate Accounts 2011/12 Article Discussion

2»

Comments

• I spent an hour with RBS this morning and went through the whole application process after which I was informed my application was denied. She couldn't tell me exactly why but suspected it was because I still had my natwest graduate account open and therefore it couldn't possibly process because of that.

The advisor suggested I close my natwest account (which all my standing orders/direct debits and payroll) comes from, leave it for 1 MONTH for equifax to update, and then reapply, however she couldn't guarantee I would still be offered an overdraft after that time.

How on earth do you get round that one? Or should I just put up with the £500 free overdraft from Natwest with 17.9%APR!? Versus RBS who are £1,000 free overdraft for your third year and only 10% APR...

HELP!
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    robert367 wrote: »
    If you use your benefits to pay off the 0% facility you drop the attention that you would otherwise be generating on it. The best accessibility prices are around 2.5%, so for every £950 you pay off on the facility you drop £20. It's up to you if it's value the attempt of starting another consideration to preserve that type of cash. Plus you have to consider how economically regimented you are. Are you sure you won't end up investing the facility and your savings?

just post your spam and get on with it
    I :love: MOJACAR
  • gingir
    gingir Posts: 9 Forumite
    Unfortunately I have been a victim of the overdraft trap (point five in your article) ... it should be forbidden by law ... how can it be even legal ... since then I hate banks especially lloyds and barclays ... never again ...
    meh.
  • king9
    king9 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hello, I'm spending to much money and I'm not working I've spent £300 this 2day and i haven't got money now :(
  • Hi all, my HSBC graduate account is also coming towards the end of it's life. I have a £1,500 overdraft and a £500 credit card. I am still struggling to find a job 2years on since graduating and so aren't getting anywhere out of my overdraft or c/c. My overdraft is soon to be at 19.9% all over, does anyone have any suggestions please?! =[
  • My Daughter, on a 4 year degree, opened a Santander student account 2 years ago that offered free gadget cover, laptop, mobile, ipod etc. She has just received a letter informing her thay are dropping the insurance in October. Can they do this as I see Martin saying whatever deal you get lasts the length of the course you are on. Santander know my daughter is on a 4 year course, can they change the deal ?

• elinasara
    elinasara Posts: 12 Forumite
    Thanks for shared a great post!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills