Options
2»

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    noonkey wrote: »
    It's the same with most places... DPA most places can only keep details on the account up to 6 weeks. Even the order dates will be taken off. :)
    Data Protection Act allows for data to be kept as long as is necessary.
  • sgtbush
    sgtbush Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    jamesp1 wrote: »
    can eny 1 advise me a placed order from tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm 10pm a was called from driver that the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order i was away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??

AND BREATH!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been lucky with my problems! Each time I've had my text it's confirmed I'd get my delivery in the first hour of the 2 hour slot I booked. On 3 occasions it came early - I was at home but working and had to break off teleconferences to take the delivery. I rung them about it, they refunded my delivery charge and gave me additional voucher to use off my next shop. They also did assure me that if I'd actually been out when the driver arrived early, he would have waited...not planning on putting that to the test if I can help it though!
  • avfc2k
    Options
    i work as a delivery driver for dot.com and we have the 2 hour del slots but we also have a time slot within the 2 hours . if early we are supposed to wait . personally i always wait and if im within time slot and theres no answer i will ring house phone and or mobile number but remember we have timed deliveries and cannot wait for long 5 mins after del was due would make us late for every other delivery after that.
    and for the driver who was 200 yards away it would not have killed him to walk with his barrow to do the delivery if he was stuck there broken down anyway .
    we drivers always get in in the neck for delivery problems even if they are sometimes of the customers making.you wouldnt believe some of the addresses and delivery notes customers put on their orders .
    there are bad drivers who make things hard and awkward for us good drivers .personally i have never missed a delivery unless customer wasnt in even when snow was down i managed all orders.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,776 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    *finds it somewhat amusing that a delivery driver has responded to some of the issues raised in the thread - almost 11 months after the last post therein!*
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    *finds it somewhat amusing that a delivery driver has responded to some of the issues raised in the thread - almost 11 months after the last post therein!*

I don't. He's just either typed something in on Google and this has come up or did a similar thing with forum search.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure