Haven holiday - is it worth buying entertainment passes?

Have just booked a week in June at the Primrose Valley holiday park in Filey, it's a Haven park but we have booked directly with a private caravan owner. Myself, my husband and our 3 year old daughter will be going. The price doesn't include the passes necessary for using the holiday park's entertainment facilities.

I think the passes are going to be about £31 each for myself and hubby, I am assuming that because our DD is under 5 then she will be free, is that correct? I don't know what the passes allow us to do, can anyone who has been to Haven please tell me if it will be worth us buying them or not? Thanks very much.

Comments

• flowerscotland
    flowerscotland Posts: 16,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

I went to primrose valley last year and I am going again this year at the end of June, when are you going ?

I would recommend getting the passes, its set out as a big complex in the middle of the caravn park , there are a few pubs - a big family one with entertainment all through the day until later on at night, it has shows pantomimes, music, dancing, your daughter will get to see all the characters dressed up, and the swimming pool - which is fantastic, I have been to other haven sites, but this pool is the best I have been to, all the arcade games, all that kind of thing.

You cant get in the main complex without the passes, so I would def get them ;)
    Little Miss Sparkles :A

Team Reem - August '11 :cool:
  • Minerva69
    Minerva69 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I went to primrose valley last year and I am going again this year at the end of June, when are you going ?

We're going at the end of June too. It's our DD's first trip to the seaside so we're really looking forward to it :D
    You cant get in the main complex without the passes, so I would def get them ;)

Thanks very much, it sounds like we're going to need the passes then! We probably won't be going out much at night as our DD is only 3 so she won't be up that late, but we might go to the daytime shows (especially if it rains!).
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    I'd say it depends on what you like to do .. we usually book with Haven and of course that includes passes but to be honest we are not really Join in with the crowd types and we really only use the swimming pool and the restaurants the evening entertainment we usually give a miss.. but if you like to be entertained in the evening then you will need the passes... we are usually out and about during the daytime and at the beach or sightseeing.. they do have games and things for the children during the daytime but it seems very expensive... as I say it all depends on what you like to do...
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • You usually need the pases to get in the complex that includes swimming, restaurant etc.The passes are worth it even just for the day time. The evening entertainment for little ones starts fairly early and doesnt last long your dd will probably enjoy that as well.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • flowerscotland
    flowerscotland Posts: 16,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Minerva69 wrote: »
    We're going at the end of June too. It's our DD's first trip to the seaside so we're really looking forward to it :D

Thanks very much, it sounds like we're going to need the passes then! We probably won't be going out much at night as our DD is only 3 so she won't be up that late, but we might go to the daytime shows (especially if it rains!).

we usually go up about 6 for the eve entertainment, then leave about 8ish so we can get the girls into their pjs and get them into bed, and then me and oh chill out, have a wee drink, read book, watch tv, whatever really.

Your daughter will love it here, theres so much to do, a beautiful beach right on the caravan site too :T theres the sea life centre and scarbrough beach as well, we went for 5 days last year and were never bored, it was great :)
    Little Miss Sparkles :A

Team Reem - August '11 :cool:
  • Minerva69
    Minerva69 Posts: 797 Forumite
    We've just got back from our week at Primrose Valley and we had a great time, even the weather was good! :dance: Just thought I'd point out for anyone else going, you only need the Funworks passes if you want to go to the pools and shows. You don't need them to get into the pub, shop, Starbucks, funfair or the other food places. If we go again we won't bother with the passes next time as we only went to one show and didn't go to the pools at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure