Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Comments

• I've avoided the sales too, had a basket full of stuff on the dotcom website but after an hour of trying to 'checkout' I came to the conclusion it wasn't to be! Think it was the mention on here that perhaps made the site crash.
    Emergency Savings Fund - £1100
    2015 Mortgage overpayments = £
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    lulabelle1 wrote: »
    Also, by now, I've usually started next years Christmas shopping by picking up a few bargains in the various online sales .... BUT - I've decided not to bother.... I'm going to save some money every month and then just do my shopping nearer to the time.

Hurray, you can join me by being a November/December shopper:T

I hope the neck and shoulder pain has subsided X
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • Natty dont be leading lula astray!!! i love buying early takes the pressure off big time, hate that last minute feeling, and now i know exactly what is left to get and not get for the year........xx
    Dec 2011 £141,000 / dec 2013 £135,000/ Jan 2014 £131,000 / July 2014 £129 000
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm sure I will still buy presents as the year goes along but I'm just not rushing in to it this time round..... The trouble with buying early is that I sometimes end up with too many things (despite logging it all on a spreadsheet!!).

My neck is still hurting. Sadly the new pillows made it worse last night. I won't be using them again. They are back in their packaging and will be returned.

Did the food shopping earlier.... I feared it would be stupidly busy but amazingly it was fairly quiet. I gues all of the nutters must have been in town trying to grab bargains in the sale (more cr8p that they don't need just because it has a red sticker on it).

Managed not to spend too much as we will have some meals from the freezer during the week, but still higher than what I spot on the other diaries. Note to self - must try harder.

Still not planned any holidays for next year. I give up. I don't get much input or support in regards to planning holidays, I think I might just not mention the word "holiday" again and see what happens. Not much I'm guessing.

Could so be tempted to a takeaway tonight (Thai) but instead I will be having ham (from the joint I cooked for Christmas), mushroom and tomatoe pasta with some fancy garlic type bread (bought for Christmas and didn't eat).
  • Hope you feel better soon. Christmas hols are lovely but very hard work when you have little ones.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    If I can manage to get away with not going to the supermarket this evening....I will have last visited on Christmas Eve:T mind you, we did get a takeaway yesterday evening:o

Sorry to hear your neck's still sore lula:(
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You're spot on SSS - my 2 boys are lovely, but at times over the last week it would have been lovely to have had a "mute" button.

Takeaway, nom nom! I'm stil resisting the temptation. I need to think about setting some goals for 2013 - other than just an amount that I want to OP. I'm thinking I need some more specific goals that will allow me to reach the total OP goal that I have set.

I have spent too much time googling the last few days and have been tempted by so many things. I need to channel my focus a little bit before I fall off the MS wagon!
  • falling off the ms bandwagon isnt to bad.... it's all about dusting off and getting back on! xx
    Dec 2011 £141,000 / dec 2013 £135,000/ Jan 2014 £131,000 / July 2014 £129 000
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    falling off the ms bandwagon isnt to bad.... it's all about dusting off and getting back on! xx

Absolutely! Just because you make a mistake/get spendy doesn't mean you need to abandon the quest altogether. Just tell us about it (so we can be all judgemental :D ) and then start again.
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 30 December 2012 at 7:43PM
    Been shopping too and shop was fairly empty, i too made the assumption that the rest of the world were grabbing bargains in the sales.

Friends for tea tomoz so needed extra food and a few bottles of NP's juiced and fermented grapes (brought mine pre done)
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport