PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    That sounds like my kind of garden thriftwizard :D - you enjoy it and don't let any amount of tutting and huffing from the neighbours bother you!

Do you get good crops from the hazels? I have two different cobnut cultivars that I put in last year - I had a "harvest" of a cupful of nuts from them and was over the moon! I kept them and am testing one every month or so... they're still sound and lovely to eat so I reckon they're good for at least the year round till next harvest. I'm looking forward to making some nice nut roasts with them to replace some meat meals.

:o I seem to have turned the messy home thread into the greenfingered thread... sorry :D I'm hopeless when you get me talking about the garden!
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • mmummy21
    Options
    Hellllooo messies *waves*

Can I come in?

My house is messy and probably going to stay that way for the forseeable future. I don't have the time, energy or money that it needs!

I am almost 5months pregnant, I have a 15month old toddler, I work 3 full days a week (out from 7am-after 6pm) and I just can't find the time or energy for cleaning! On my work days I don't get home until after 6pm (leaving at 7am in the morning) and by the time I've fed, bathed, dressed and put the toddler to bed it's after 7pm when I barely have the energy to feed myself, shower, throw some clothes out for the next day then collapse into bed by 8.30pm. My weekends are spent entertaining or visiting inlaws/grandparents etc. or having my 1 + 4 year old nephews around (as a thanks to my sister for having my toddler during the week) and I barely fit in a few loads of washing, a quick hoover, dishes. Then on my 2 days off in the week we have toddler groups and I usually have one day of rest and then a day of catching up on housework. I got loads done on Tuesday - the house was immaculate but it looks like a bomb has gone off or we've been burgled yet again! I am so tired just now, my little on is napping and will be up in an hour so I'm thinking of just crawling into bed too. I have washing that really needs to go outside (it's lovely today) but I think I'm just going to bung it in the dryer as I'm so tired!
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, mmummy and welcome. I do remember (despite it being many years ago) the feeling of being so tired when pregnant and having a young one to look after - and I wasn't working! I'd advise just doing what's necessary, and take any quick routes where possible. Time with your toddler and rests when you can are vital, or you'll make more problems than you solve. Is your OH able to help out at all? One suggestion, next time you have a blitz and the place is tidy, get yourself into a routine of always putting things away and wiping up as necessary, when they're finished with. It may seem a huge bother at the time, but it'll save so much more time and effort later. Just take care of yourself and your babies.
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    Hello mmummy. Pull up a chair :)

I have come on here to give myself a huge virtual kick up the rear, because it's nearly 2pm and I am still faffing about. Admittedly, I've been out tutoring, but I've been home an hour, and had a couple of hours before I left, and I have done NOTHING. And I haven't even managed to do that in an entertaining or restful way. What a waste. :(

Painting clothes....NOW. The kitchen ceiling WILL be painted today.

After another cup of tea...er...better not.:eek:
    import this
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Is it as grey a day as it is here, laurel? If so, it doesn't help. I've spent quite a lot of time on the pooter, some of it being for emails, some for a newsltter I'm putting together, some of it for pics of Dr Who characters (for a card I've been asked to make), and a lot of it just messing around. We all do it - waste time, that is. :(

I put some towels outside to dry and, three hours later, they're just as wet as when they went out. Ho hum! have now to cut out previously mentioned Dr Who characters. Interesting project! :rotfl:
  • jpscloud
    Options
    Welcome mmummy21! :wave: You are awesome for coping with raising kids, I have enough trouble with the cat!!

Hart sorry you're not feeling well - give yourself some tlc there!

I've got cabin fever so had another poke around the garden today. I know prodding things won't make spring come sooner but I just have to try! I wish the weather was dry this week so I could get some brushwood cleared but mustn't grumble, at least the garden is getting plenty of water.

House is messy as ever, I am getting slightly better at keeping downstairs tidy but upstairs... less said the better :o

-32lbs
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    Actually, it was quite sunny this morning, bearcub. I so wanted to be out in my garden (perhaps that's why it was so hard to get motivated)...but I know exactly what you mean. The utility room has a tiny (north facing) window and (south facing) half glazed door. I could feel my mood sliding the instant I fastened a dust sheet over the door and the light level dropped ...

Anyway, I've managed to get a first coat on both kitchen and utility...and I'm waiting for a takeaway delivery on the grounds that nobody can expect me to move dust sheets in order to cook.;)
    import this
  • jpscloud
    edited 17 February 2012 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Well done on the painting Laurel!

I've got the sewing machine out and am merrily making lots and lots of mess!

I know I'll regret this tomorrow but I've got myself into obsessive mode now, and will probably be up late fooling around. I'm a bit too tired to concentrate properly, so I'm using the scraps of t-shirts left over from making t-shirt yarn to make some patchwork, for practise.

More coffee!

-32lbs
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    Hi Messies!
    Welcome Mmummy & Thriftwizard.
    Jacci - glad the wrist is improving, keep up the exercises!
    Kitty - belated Happy Birthday.
    Hugs((())) to everyone, I have missed you all!xxx
    Just done 3 `earlies` and now have weekend off, ward was manic busy but really enjoyed this week - I have such a darling bunch of patients at the mo, told consultant on his ward round I wanted to bring them home with me!! (He`s one of the good guys, and he knows I`m a daftie!) Had a good laugh with the Physio`s yesterday too - plus we had an `extra` patient who kept coming in through the fire doors from ward next door, and leaving little puddles....
    Managed to keep moderately on top of kitchen and LR, & folks at home well-fed, so feel fairly ok about my efforts this week!
    Off to pub this afternoon with OH, may post again later, and have a proper read.
    Emmxx
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    re gardens - mine is wild & messy, wouldn`t have it any other way! Looking out of window now, OH refilled the feeders s he was up first, and the apple trees are FULL of birds - there`s a particularly bright bullfinch attacking the sunflower seeds, goldfinches on the nyger feeder, and a woodpecker on one of the peanut feeders - to name but a few.
    A huge clump of snowdrops under the trees, and the daffs sprouting up nicely. All very disorganised, but well-manured by bird-poo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure