PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Comments

• I have got lots to do today and so far am still in my dressing gown!

I am only posting here to embarrass me into posting an update later

have a good afternoon folks xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Well I have been busy all morning

2 washloads on the line - yes that's right OUTSIDE - it is not sunny but there are some patches of blue - enough to patch a sailor's pants as my friend would say and there is a little breeze

All undies and socks are in the tumble drier
    One wash load to go on after this

Made a spag bol for in the week and a lasagne for the freezer

Belly pork slow roasting in the oven for dinner and have apple pie for pudding

Meal plan this week is

Today - Roast belly pork, roast pots, stuffing and veg
    Mon - Left over pork, possibly in sweet and sour with noodles
    Tues - Spag bol and salad
    Weds - Paella and salad
    Thurs - Sausage and mash
    Fri - - HM Crab Cakes, potato wedges and salad
    Sat - SC Beef Casserole

Kitchen tidied
    Ironing almost done
    Online banking done
    New SOA done and have calculated that we should be DF by end October this year :T

Now going to watch the King's Speech whilst doing some knitting
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Husband busy shredding, I am on my 3rd load of washing (don't ask only 2 of us here).

Need to go and rescue the bed cover that flew off the line last monday. Still on the floor in the garden. It was too wet to bring it as I had a load of wet washing in the machine and no where to put it.

Do you reckon it will be ok to being back in and wash to put back on the bed. I have a bit of thing about things that fall on the floor outside. They tend to stay out there.

Dinner sadly is sausages as no joint. It was only when I went to open the pack I saw that the plastic cover had been broken. Not sure when it happened. The cardboard sleeve covered it up :mad: going to eat them anyway.

Any hoo need to go and look at the sausages and roasties in the oven.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • gilly1964
    calleyw wrote: »
    Husband busy shredding, I am on my 3rd load of washing (don't ask only 2 of us here).

Need to go and rescue the bed cover that flew off the line last monday. Still on the floor in the garden. It was too wet to bring it as I had a load of wet washing in the machine and no where to put it.

Do you reckon it will be ok to being back in and wash to put back on the bed. I have a bit of thing about things that fall on the floor outside. They tend to stay out there. YES definitely

Dinner sadly is sausages as no joint. It was only when I went to open the pack I saw that the plastic cover had been broken. Not sure when it happened. The cardboard sleeve covered it up :mad: going to eat them anyway.

Any hoo need to go and look at the sausages and roasties in the oven.

Yours

Calley

Pity about having to wash cover again, but definitely do it xx

Enjoy your sausages - umm toad in the hole may have to go on next week's plan
  • calleyw
    gilly1964 wrote: »
    Pity about having to wash cover again, but definitely do it xx

I already knew the answer was yes.

I have a a big phobia about stuff like that due to many years ago having rats in the garden. I will don my rubber gloves and get it in and wash it later,

Yours

Calley

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Afternoon all

The dog has seen the Hamster - showed hin right at the start and thats why he wants to eat it!! Homer the Hammy is now up in DS's room out of the way and the dog has settled down as he can't see Homer - if Homer was shown to the dog out of the cage then dog would eat him!! So thats a no no but thank you for all the suggestions

Have been shopping with DD who wanted to spend some more of her Xmas money, DS went to Nana's and DH went fishing

Have a headache now so may go for a Disco Nap before panicking about the washing that needs doing for tomorrow

House is a tip as it always is at the weekend

Have a good day everyone

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • gilly1964
    Afternoon all

The dog has seen the Hamster - showed hin right at the start and thats why he wants to eat it!! Homer the Hammy is now up in DS's room out of the way and the dog has settled down as he can't see Homer - if Homer was shown to the dog out of the cage then dog would eat him!! So thats a no no but thank you for all the suggestions

Have been shopping with DD who wanted to spend some more of her Xmas money, DS went to Nana's and DH went fishing

Have a headache now so may go for a Disco Nap before panicking about the washing that needs doing for tomorrow

House is a tip as it always is at the weekend

Have a good day everyone

Helen x

Are we twins in waiting?
    My DF has gone fishing and I have a headache :rotfl:
  • MessyMare
    MessyMare Posts: 979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh Helen I know what you mean, when we showerd R the rats it was with a glass patio door between them :D I still have a fear that he sees Crumble as an interesting snack. Can't defeat instinct I suppose!
    Well, managed to clean Crumble's cage (it's HUGE, big enough for two ferrets, so she has her own little palace as she's quite diddy), do the washing up and I'm trying to keep on top of the dog-garden related stuff. Ick.

(((hugs))) everyone...god it's felt so weird not working this weekend. Saw someone on Facebook whingeing about being made to work weekends once a year. I would give all the weekends in the world to still have a job :(
    DEBT: £3585.91/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £635.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
  • gilly1964
    calleyw wrote: »
    I already knew the answer was yes.

I have a a big phobia about stuff like that due to many years ago having rats in the garden. I will don my rubber gloves and get it in and wash it later,

Yours

Calley

Go for it - my phobia in the garden is toads :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • calleyw
    gilly1964 wrote: »
    Go for it - my phobia in the garden is toads :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Don't mind toads. It is not the rats themselves that freaks me out. It is the disease that they carry. And it does not help when someone tells you that someone they knew died of it:( .I know very rare but just freaks me out.

The cover is in the machine now. Pulled off a caterpillar lets hope a cat did not leave a present on it that I did not see:(

Yours

Calley

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family