OneTwoTrade

Comments

• 1. As a general rule, your should pay attention to members with substantial posts and as many "Thanks" as you can find. - and all of them, not some, all of them are against this site.

So pay no attention to you then?
  • Hi Guys,
    I do not have time to read all the posts, and I am sure some are paid to spoke on behalf of onetwo trade. Well my advice is to stay away from them. I have done betting on their sites and when I try to try to withdraw my money they come up with weird rules and regulations. To close my account I have to pay £50 and If I dont trade with them they will steal £4.50 from my account every month. Save yourself and do not think even of doing trade with them
  • HELP

i have deposited 2000 and have been completely freaked out by the sales calls it generated. i want to get my money out asap.

i have mailed them but they say

We received the withdrawal request you made on 02/03/13 for £2000. Unfortunately, we are not able to process this request.
    Why we couldn't process your withdrawal
    Clients cannot withdraw funds unless the same funds have been wagered at least once.

can anyone help me to minimise my loss??
  • Raj15 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry for reviving this thread...

A family friend of mine has begun trading binary options with said company around a week ago, I work in FX myself so I am experienced with the currency markets...

As a trial run, I placed a 60 second bet on the EURUSD to go up...

Start Price- 1.2885
    End Price- 1.2896

This is what I saw on my personal platform which I use at work, however on OneTwoTrade, it seems to have thought that I lost, but interestingly enough when I viewed their charts, it proved that I had won.

I placed this trial bet knowing exactly what would happen, in essence, this company can "move the markets" in their favour if need be.

I have advised my friend to pull his money out of this chop shop.

Has anyone else here had a bad experience?

Hi Raj,
    I signed up with them a few months ago, and was initially doing very well until a rush of blood to the head left my account empty. I had specifically asked my account manager on numerous occasions whether the company's charges of £4.50 a month for one month's worth of "no activity" (i.e. no trades being carried out in a calendar month) would apply if my account had a balance of 0. He said "No".

I received an email from them today telling me that £4.50 had been taken from my account. I am absolutely fuming! I am wondering whether I have grounds to report this to my bank as being an unauthorised transaction. Their terms and conditions mentioned a charge, but my account manager told me on several occasions that this would not apply if I had no money in my account.

Interestingly, I also fell victim to "rate fixing". At times of high volatility, the price you buy at is distorted and does not correspond to the rate shown by the graph in question. You are informed of the actual price you are buying at in a very sneaky manner in the "confirm or cancel" window.

I'd appreciate any advice from the forum community on whether I am entitled to claim that the withdrawal is unathorised. Had I known I would be charged, I would have deliberately left a certain amount (from my winnings) in my account to cover this.
  • Yes Trading Binary option is a form of gambling and yes it is not regulated by the FSA-

Trading is a form of gambling, if you don't understand the process, the financial markets or the risk management trading can be risky even so a form of gambling.

Trading binary options is no different - have a look at the link below for better understanding, and make your own judgment

babypips.com/school/binary-options-vs-spot-forex.html

have a look at this article for pros an cons. Instead of inaccurate comments.

When it comes to choosing the right company, the client has to understand all the terms and conditions before entering any sort of contract that's just common sense. regardless whom you may do business with, even IF IT IS FSA REGULATED. Why a lot of people sit on forums complaining is because they don't do their own due diligence.

OneTwoTrade have an open door policy which many online binary option companies and any other platforms don't have. They have a large office based in London. Where seminars are held for clients to meet the relationship managers and understand binary option. This in turns allows clients to who OneTwoTrade are. If you don't believe me try it out.

Being LGA regulated is to benefit the client and give them a piece of mind. If FSA regulated fixed income trading i am sure they will not hesitate to pursue this.
  • Hi Raj,
    I signed up with them a few months ago, and was initially doing very well until a rush of blood to the head left my account empty. I had specifically asked my account manager on numerous occasions whether the company's charges of £4.50 a month for one month's worth of "no activity" (i.e. no trades being carried out in a calendar month) would apply if my account had a balance of 0. He said "No".

I received an email from them today telling me that £4.50 had been taken from my account. I am absolutely fuming! I am wondering whether I have grounds to report this to my bank as being an unauthorised transaction. Their terms and conditions mentioned a charge, but my account manager told me on several occasions that this would not apply if I had no money in my account.

Interestingly, I also fell victim to "rate fixing". At times of high volatility, the price you buy at is distorted and does not correspond to the rate shown by the graph in question. You are informed of the actual price you are buying at in a very sneaky manner in the "confirm or cancel" window.

I'd appreciate any advice from the forum community on whether I am entitled to claim that the withdrawal is unathorised. Had I known I would be charged, I would have deliberately left a certain amount (from my winnings) in my account to cover this.

Hello,

Option price differs from actual price at times this is due to many factors and the spread, which a lot of platform have! even forex, you have to bear this in mind when you are doing your technical analysis.
  • Hi,

I've been a user of Onetwotrade for just shy of a year now and it has been a terrible experience.

Aside from the returns discussed above, just the day-to-day interaction is incredibly furstrating.

The staff are so eager to take your money when you choose to deposit it but when you'd like to harvest some of your profits, you have to jump through hoops. In one instance I had to wait nearly 2 months for a simple wire transaction. I rang up regularly to get an update with the transfer, only to be passed from pillar to post and treated as an inconvenience.

There are so many better alternatives to Onetwotrade, I suggest looking elsewhere
  • HELP

i have deposited 2000 and have been completely freaked out by the sales calls it generated. i want to get my money out asap.

i have mailed them but they say

We received the withdrawal request you made on 02/03/13 for £2000. Unfortunately, we are not able to process this request.
    Why we couldn't process your withdrawal
    Clients cannot withdraw funds unless the same funds have been wagered at least once.

can anyone help me to minimise my loss??
    To be fair, this was in their T&Cs

I deposited £1000 and the MOMENT I turned it over I made a withdrawal request. It took forever to get the money back, but it did eventually arrive months later after having to constantly ring up!

Have you made any progress with your situation?
  • Hi guys,

I'm young and naive and easily dragged into these things.. I really want to be successful and not live off of my dads fortune like my cousins. I have been wanting to trade stocks for ages now and one day I came across binary trading. I had a friend who has a friend that works for onetwotrade. He convinced me to deposit 200 quid (which is a lot for me as I am a student) I had a few unsuccessful trades and went down to 50 pound but I am now getting the hang of it and am back up to 120 pound. However after reading this thread I feel as if I'm in trouble with the activity terms and how some people complained they couldn't withdraw their money. Should I try getting my 200 back or just close my account and get back what I can? Please help me?

Thanks
  • somi
    somi Posts: 34 Forumite
    Hi Guys,

I have put in £1000 few days ago. Now after reading this forum i am seriusly having doubt. And after reading their terms of service for withdrawls made me really worry. They never mentioned any of that when i put in my money,

In fact i was told by sales gut that you put £2000 and we gve you insurance if you loose that much in 1st month they will credit that money back. but that credit has its own issues for ex you can't just withdrawl that credit.

Below is transcript of their terms of service withdrawl without bonus.

"Withdrawal Conditions and Fees - Accounts with no Bonus

In order to qualify for a withdrawal with an account at OneTwoTrade that has not been awarded any bonus, the funds deposited must be turned over once. By way of example, if Client deposits £1000, client must achieve a turnover of £1000.00 or more in order to be eligible to withdraw any funds. Turnover is defined as the sum of the value of all bets made excluding the value of any bets that have been cancelled either by the Client or by OneTwoTrade.

Furthermore, subsequent deposits must be turned-over before any funds from the account can be released, regardless of previously achieved turnover. By way of example, if a Client initially deposited £1000 and achieved a turnover of £10,000, and then deposited a further £1000, Client must achieve a total turnover of at least £11,000 before any funds can be withdrawn.

If turnover requirements are met, client may withdraw funds from the OneTwoTrade platform.

The Client will be charged a 1% processing fee of the withdrawal amount, or £/€/$50, whichever is bigger.

Furthermore, any withdrawal that must be completed by international wire transfer will be charged a £22 transfer fee. OneTwoTrade’s withdrawals are processed in the United Kingdom and Malta.

If the client wishes to withdraw funds from the account where the turnover requirement has not been met, for either initial or subsequent deposits, client may do so, however they will be charged a 20% Anti-Money Laundering fee of the withdrawal amount, in addition to any transfer fees.

If, at any point, client elects to take a bonus on a deposit, the withdrawals terms and conditions in section 14 will apply. "

So what i have to pay them £50 plus 20% for withdrawing my money, that is criminal. none of this was mentioned by sales gut when he started calling me to deposit money, i am glad this forum otherwise maye i would have depositied the other £1000 what sales guy is pressurising me almost every other day to do.. Their bonus scheme is even more dubious bcz i think if u agree to their agreement you become trapped.

I hope to recieve reply and how i should now approach Onetwotrade to withdrawl all my £1000. Any suggestion appreciated..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure