IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPN Parking tickets - what sould i do?

archi1
archi1 Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 20 March 2017 at 1:30PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The keeper received two parking tickets by 'UKCPS' within a week, the charge has gone to £100 each and threatening court action.

Received outside the keepers flat, which states Residents only but there is also sign indicating a permit.

Just bought a new car and had parked there whilst contacting my estate agents with regards to a parking permit. However, there are no spaces apparently as they have recently sold some.

Left with multiple charges and no permit.

They have sent letters to the keepers Mothers address that state they will claim the amount due.

Not contacted them and do not know whether to pay or not?

any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    What is the name of the parking company please?

Have you read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES yet? This is your one stop shop for all private parking queries.

What does your lease/AST say about parking?

What is the timeline of events.
    Date of alleged incidents. Whether there were windscreen tickets or not.
    Date you received the NTK/
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • archi1
    edited 16 March 2017 at 6:34PM
    Parking company name is 'UKCPS Ltd'

I have but I wasn't sure if my situation is right in terms of which template to use and also if I have left it too late.

Not sure about the lease, but I do know that they ask for £30 per month for a permit and that is done via the estate agency. I have not read it in regards to parking. I'm also not at home so cant retrieve this info right now.

First ticket issues 26 Jan 2017 - received letter at mothers address on the 28th Feb 2017

Second ticket issued 04 Feb 2017 - received letter at mothers address on the 07 March 2017

They where windscreen tickets.

*I am assuming they have access to the DVLA as they have my details.

I have not contacted them in any way
  • Fruitcake
    So UKCPS then, not UKCPN as per your title and first post, hence the question.

IPC members so use the template letter in black from the NEWBIES thread.

Meanwhile find out what your lease says about parking, (not what the parking scammers or Management Agency say) as this will establish primacy of contract.

A third party (parking scammers) cannot add on Ts ad Cs to an existing contract (the lease/AST.)
  • archi1
    Yes sorry, okay so as far as I am aware there is nothing in the tenancy agreement with regards to parking.

Simply stated 'Parking is available please contact agent for more details' - this I cannot do until Monday as they are now closed.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 17 March 2017 at 10:16AM
    archi1 wrote: »
    Yes sorry, okay so as far as I am aware there is nothing in the tenancy agreement with regards to parking.

Simply stated 'Parking is available please contact agent for more details' - this I cannot do until Monday as they are now closed.

If there is no mention of a parking permit, it begs the question, why are you paying for one so that you can be scammed by not displaying it.

You do need to fire off the IPC template letter though. Don't miss the appeal deadline while finding out about the lease/AST. You need a copy in writing, and again, not something from the M/A or parking scammers, but something from the owner.
  • archi1
    Okay so just to confirm.

I will send the letter ASAP.

What exactly do I need a copy of in writing? And the owner of what?

Apologies, I don't do this often.

Also thank you for taking time to help me in this.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,608 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do you own the flat?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    archi1 wrote: »
    Okay so just to confirm.

I will send the letter ASAP.

What exactly do I need a copy of in writing? And the owner of what?

Apologies, I don't do this often.

Also thank you for taking time to help me in this.

A copy of your lease/AST. The landowner of the property and car park where you live.
  • Can I ask how long you parked there for? Also are there any keep clear writing near your flat you can actually park in those believe it or believe it not, traffic wardens or police can not touch you for parking in this area.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 17 March 2017 at 11:02AM
    Can I ask how long you parked there for? Also are there any keep clear writing near your flat you can actually park in those believe it or believe it not, traffic wardens or police can not touch you for parking in this area.

This is nothing to do with council parking wardens (CEOs as they are now called) or the police. It is to do with a speculative invoice for parking on private land. Civil or contract law in other words.

You have also asked a taboo question. You should never ask questions where an answer might reveal the driver's identity. (You asked, how long were YOU parked?) We only want to know about The Driver and The Keeper.

The OP should amend the original post to remove information about who did what and only refer to the two people I have indicated above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business