Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • doodlez1612
    • By doodlez1612 19th May 17, 9:58 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 0Thanks
    doodlez1612
    Married name change
    • 19th May 17, 9:58 PM
    Married name change 19th May 17 at 9:58 PM
    I'm sure this must be a question that is asked a lot (and tbh I was expecting a main article on this rather than needing to ask it here!) but I two things have coincided for me recently that I need some advice with: I have got married, and my fixed rate savings accounts are coming to an end.

So my question is what effect you will changing my name have on my credit checks and chances of getting bank accounts? Is there anything I need to do with my credit profile before applying? And should I even apply in my new name or would it be best to apply with my old name then change it after a couple of weeks? I'm veering towards this last option at the moment in lieu of being able to find anymore advice online.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

P.s It's not until you get married and need to change your name on things that you regret being such an MSE addict and having so many different bank accounts!!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 19th May 17, 10:05 PM
    • 12,678 Posts
    • 12,936 Thanks
    zx81
    • 19th May 17, 10:05 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:05 PM
    It will link up on your files. If it doesn't, just give the CRAs a nudge.

It doesn't impact your credit worthiness.
    • doodlez1612
    • By doodlez1612 20th May 17, 7:00 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doodlez1612
    • 20th May 17, 7:00 AM
    • 20th May 17, 7:00 AM
    But how does it link on my files? I'm guessing you mean I need to change my name with all my banks (so it's linked) before I go about setting up any new accounts?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

100Posts Today

2,228Users online

Martin's Twitter