Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lauraboncath
    • By Lauraboncath 17th May 17, 8:19 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lauraboncath
    StepChange DRO processing times?
    • 17th May 17, 8:19 PM
    StepChange DRO processing times? 17th May 17 at 8:19 PM
    I have posted previously about my partners' debt issues, we have now reached a stage where he is applying for a DRO with StepChange.

All requested paperwork was submitted on 29/7/17, but he is starting to get a bit twitchy! He wants to pay the fee and submit the DRO asap, has anyone made an application through StepChange recently that could give an accurate waiting time estimate?

TIA
Page 1
    • Lauraboncath
    • By Lauraboncath 17th May 17, 8:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lauraboncath
    • 17th May 17, 8:20 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:20 PM
    Oops! 29/5/17- not /7/! He is not a time traveller.....
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 17, 8:38 PM
    • 12,221 Posts
    • 11,664 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 17, 8:38 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:38 PM
    Usually you get a decision within 48/72 hours, apparently there have been some issues of late due to a new system they are using.

Did you mean 29/04 ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Lauraboncath
    • By Lauraboncath 17th May 17, 9:22 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lauraboncath
    • 17th May 17, 9:22 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:22 PM
    Yes, 29/04 ��
    The DRO has not yet been submitted, the paperwork has been submitted to StepChange and it is with their admin team 'waiting to be processed/prepared' and we are just wondering how long it usually takes StepChange (rather than individual CABs or CAP) to get from 'submission of paperwork to StepChange' to 'barcode ready for payment'

Sorry if my question was not clear.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 17, 9:33 PM
    • 12,221 Posts
    • 11,664 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 17, 9:33 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:33 PM
    Yes, 29/04 ��
    The DRO has not yet been submitted, the paperwork has been submitted to StepChange and it is with their admin team 'waiting to be processed/prepared' and we are just wondering how long it usually takes StepChange (rather than individual CABs or CAP) to get from 'submission of paperwork to StepChange' to 'barcode ready for payment'

Sorry if my question was not clear.
    Originally posted by Lauraboncath
    Oh I see, usually very quickly, depending on how busy they are.
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• Lauraboncath
    • By Lauraboncath 17th May 17, 9:43 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lauraboncath
    • 17th May 17, 9:43 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:43 PM
    Does 2.5 weeks fall into the 'very quickly' category? Hopefully they will contact him for barcode payment etc soon, he is starting to get antsy....and I'm fielding multiple phone calls from creditors a day!
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 17, 10:18 PM
    • 12,221 Posts
    • 11,664 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 17, 10:18 PM
    • 17th May 17, 10:18 PM
    Debt collection takes a very long time, phone calls are all you'll get for months, even years, don't be disturbed by them.

Just be patient, things will progress.

• DorisTrousers
    • By DorisTrousers 18th May 17, 5:21 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    DorisTrousers
    • 18th May 17, 5:21 PM
    • 18th May 17, 5:21 PM
    Let us know how you get on.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 18th May 17, 7:13 PM
    • 11,383 Posts
    • 8,542 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 18th May 17, 7:13 PM
    • 18th May 17, 7:13 PM
    The new system is definitely slower once you get to submission stage. I had one accepted today that I submitted a week ago.

Under the old system it was, more often than not, the next day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

210Posts Today

1,660Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin