Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 11th May 17, 4:37 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    Would the CSA take my heavy goods?
    • 11th May 17, 4:37 PM
    Would the CSA take my heavy goods? 11th May 17 at 4:37 PM
    I'm currently in 8k of arrears I've paid my ex around 5k but refuse to correspond with the CSA for time being. I have 2 little kids that I'm trying to get out of a council flat and my ex will never let me see my first born. She's refusing me access I'm refusing my money and yes I know it's 2 totally different things before I get people calling me dead beat I'm far from it.

My only worry is they can take your drivers license... do you think they would take my heavy goods? There not going to make a doctor jobless by taking his job away so how can they mine??

I plan on paying what I owe one day if she doesn't cancel the claim but that right now I'm working to get things in place for when the time is right. I haven't paid anything for 12 months and won't be for another 2 years or so.

Thanks for any replies.
Page 2
    • clearingout
    • By clearingout 14th May 17, 3:59 PM
    • 3,141 Posts
    • 6,375 Thanks
    clearingout
    Why do people think it's ok to force fathers to pay for there kids when the mothers have no intention of letting them play there roll! I'm guessing you are both in female who replied.
    Originally posted by Chewyclegnuts
    Yeah. It works both ways. I don't understand why my ex gets to have a great relationship with our children but only I have to support them. The statistics suggest my problem is one experienced by many.

The difference between us is I recognise two wrongs don't make a right. You need to remember at some point you will need to look that child in the eyes and say you didn't care whether they ate or not. You might get lucky and be understood. But the odds are against that.
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 15th May 17, 8:12 PM
    • 3,855 Posts
    • 10,634 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    Thanks for the clarification. My point about saving up for legal fees was, in this case, solely aimed at the OP, who reckons he pays around £1000 a month on tax - by my calculations meaning he earns around £60k per year. That's a nice chunk of money to find savings to pay for a solicitor. I reckon he could ask a reasonable solicitor to allow him to pay as the case develops - that is what mine did, and when money was tight we just slowed down a bit.

To be honest, by his attitude I think there's a lot more going on in the background - it's very easy to say I'm not paying because I don't see the child, but if he hasn't shown any demonstrable interest for a while then a court won't particularly be interested in his protest of 'my child'.

Most reasonable mothers wouldn't stop their ex's from seeing the children unless there are issues, such as failing to turn up, being abusive, etc etc. In fact it's a bit of a nice little rest if the children go to dad's for the weekend!
    • Sambella
    • By Sambella 16th May 17, 4:09 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    Sambella
    This is an area where an NRP should have the right to find out this information I think as it stops fraudulent payments.

Perhaps try writing to child benefit offices stating why you think it may have stopped , the child working or not in full time education perhaps. Whilst they may not supply you with the information they may investigate. You could also ask them to inform CMS if it has indeed stopped.

I don't know how and when CB informs CMS of child benefit ceasing and how quickly CMS act on this information.
    • Sambella
    • By Sambella 16th May 17, 4:09 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    Sambella
    Whoops. Read two posts answered wrong one lol!

Sorry.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 6th Jun 17, 10:56 AM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel

3 kids 3 dads
    Originally posted by Chewyclegnuts
    It sounds like you've got 3 kids with 2 mums. Double standard?

The fact that you've got all irate and started swearing just here on an anonymous forum makes me wonder what your temper is like in real life.

Pay for your children, you owe them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,208Posts Today

9,263Users online

Martin's Twitter