Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 11th May 17, 4:37 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    Would the CSA take my heavy goods?
    • 11th May 17, 4:37 PM
    Would the CSA take my heavy goods? 11th May 17 at 4:37 PM
    I'm currently in 8k of arrears I've paid my ex around 5k but refuse to correspond with the CSA for time being. I have 2 little kids that I'm trying to get out of a council flat and my ex will never let me see my first born. She's refusing me access I'm refusing my money and yes I know it's 2 totally different things before I get people calling me dead beat I'm far from it.

My only worry is they can take your drivers license... do you think they would take my heavy goods? There not going to make a doctor jobless by taking his job away so how can they mine??

I plan on paying what I owe one day if she doesn't cancel the claim but that right now I'm working to get things in place for when the time is right. I haven't paid anything for 12 months and won't be for another 2 years or so.

Thanks for any replies.
Page 1
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 11th May 17, 5:22 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    • 11th May 17, 5:22 PM
    • 11th May 17, 5:22 PM
    I've tried every way possible of seeing my son but she makes it impossible by moving and ignoring all messages I send....

I will continue to pay when I'm in a better position of affordability.
    • NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • By NotSuchASmugMarriedNow 11th May 17, 6:17 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 1,082 Thanks
    NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • 11th May 17, 6:17 PM
    • 11th May 17, 6:17 PM
    Why don't you pay your child support?
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 11th May 17, 6:22 PM
    • 1,727 Posts
    • 3,081 Thanks
    swingaloo
    • 11th May 17, 6:22 PM
    • 11th May 17, 6:22 PM
    You don't intend to pay anything to support your children for the next 2 years.

Who are you expecting to pay for your childrens then?
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 11th May 17, 7:55 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    • 11th May 17, 7:55 PM
    • 11th May 17, 7:55 PM
    Why would I want to pay my ex 40% of my wage when she hasn't allowed me to be a part of his life for the last 7 years.....

If I can't play Dad I'm not paying To be Dad it's as simple as that!!

Why do people think it's ok to force fathers to pay for there kids when the mothers have no intention of letting them play there roll! I'm guessing you are both in female who replied.

Also I pay 1000 tax income a month before you try saying you pay for the child benefit.

No access no money I don't I've 2 f"""s what the law says.

Starve 2 kids in that live with me to feed 1 that doesn't even need my money.
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 11th May 17, 7:58 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    • 11th May 17, 7:58 PM
    • 11th May 17, 7:58 PM
    The day we split she stopped all access and kept relocating. She had another child with someone else and did exactly the same to him.

3 kids 3 dads 2 without access and 2 CSA claims.

She wants putting in prison for fraud and you ask why I'm not paying??????????
    • NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • By NotSuchASmugMarriedNow 11th May 17, 9:47 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 1,082 Thanks
    NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • 11th May 17, 9:47 PM
    • 11th May 17, 9:47 PM
    You're not making any sense. In your original post you said you were going to pay in 2 years time but in your later posts you state your not going to pay. Anyway, you asked if they could take your driving licence away and the answer is probably not, so you're OK, you can continue to work and still not support your children if that's what your worried about. Although I'm surprised you haven't been the subject of an attachment to your earnings.
    Last edited by NotSuchASmugMarriedNow; 11-05-2017 at 9:54 PM.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 11th May 17, 11:12 PM
    • 19,510 Posts
    • 31,528 Thanks
    Spendless
    • 11th May 17, 11:12 PM
    • 11th May 17, 11:12 PM
    I'm currently in 8k of arrears I've paid my ex around 5k but refuse to correspond with the CSA for time being. I have 2 little kids that I'm trying to get out of a council flat and my ex will never let me see my first born. She's refusing me access I'm refusing my money and yes I know it's 2 totally different things before I get people calling me dead beat I'm far from it.

My only worry is they can take your drivers license... do you think they would take my heavy goods? There not going to make a doctor jobless by taking his job away so how can they mine??

I plan on paying what I owe one day if she doesn't cancel the claim but that right now I'm working to get things in place for when the time is right. I haven't paid anything for 12 months and won't be for another 2 years or so.

Thanks for any replies.
    Originally posted by Chewyclegnuts
    The day we split she stopped all access and kept relocating. She had another child with someone else and did exactly the same to him.

3 kids 3 dads 2 without access and 2 CSA claims.

She wants putting in prison for fraud and you ask why I'm not paying??????????
    How has she got 3 kids to 3 dads, if you're the father of 2 of them?
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 12th May 17, 7:12 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    • 12th May 17, 7:12 AM
    • 12th May 17, 7:12 AM
    She has had a third child in a new relationship.... I have one child with her.

As for the attachment of earnings they have done it when I've worked permanent. I gave it 12 months of paying 200 a week and messag d her daily saying I want to see my son if I don't I'm going to job hop...

I would of gone through the courts but I can't afford £220 per hour legal fees.
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 12th May 17, 9:14 AM
    • 3,866 Posts
    • 10,647 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    My ex never paid anything for his daughter. I went through CSA but he kept giving up his job as soon as they caught up with him. However I never stopped him seeing her, he had her to stay half the holidays, etc etc. Had he put just £5 a week into a savings account for her, then she'd have had a nice little amount to go to uni with, but he didn't even do that.

I see no reason why you couldnt do that for your child - you seem to think that it is penalising the mother by not paying. In the long-term you are penalising the child. Some father you are!
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 12th May 17, 7:12 PM
    • 3,866 Posts
    • 10,647 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    I agree with the majority of this post except that last few words - double standards? What kind of a mother keeps their baby away from it's Father? And multiple fathers at that! These things work both ways!
    Edited to add: I have read your post and understand that your ex didn't bother to try and see his children which is terrible, but that is not always the case.
    Originally posted by jondav
    Not quite sure if this was all aimed at me. My ex did see his daughter, but only because I pushed it and made the arrangements (often dropping her off myself - it was a long drive). The thing is, with both my ex and the OP's ex, you have to maintain the high ground. Despite no financial help from him when she was growing up, I bit my tongue regarding money, leaving that to the CSA who were spectacularly unsuccessful.

You have to realise that this is about the child. If you pay money to your ex and it means that your child can now go on school trips that were unattainable before, or have a parent who isn't continually worried about paying the bills because she has a little cushion of money. If the mother doesnt let you see the child, then you will need to cut back and save like mad to enable you to go to court. It depends on how much you want it.
    • Loz01
    • By Loz01 12th May 17, 9:46 PM
    • 1,426 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    Loz01
    Why would I want to pay my ex 40% of my wage when she hasn't allowed me to be a part of his life for the last 7 years.....

If I can't play Dad I'm not paying To be Dad it's as simple as that!!
    Sorry but your child won't actually thank you for this when they are grown up - do you think your child lives on fresh air? Regardless of the fact that your child's mother has 2 CSA claims or multiple kids with multiple dads, that shouldn't mean YOUR child is affected. Paying nothing for 7 years isn't admirable - on the flip side, its not admirable for your ex to deny contact either, before you accuse me of being a female that is siding with another female. But as usual, the child is the one that suffers. I was a child of divorce and TRUST ME, this stuff weighs heavy on young minds.
    An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 13th May 17, 8:43 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    I have paid 5 grand in 7 years and owe 10.......
    I think paying 5 grand for a child I've not seen since he was 9 months old isn't to bad...... i told the CSA put the money into an isa and I will pay it. I'm not willing to pay her to benefit her purse.

I've decided to put £40 into a separate bank account which I'll have no access I'm going to do this weekly. If the CSA come at me at least I'll have some kind of offering.

I'm not however willing to allow them to take what they want when they want. They don't know what I can and can't afford and they don't care.

I've been totally blocked out of my sons life I can lot afford £220 an hour for a solicitor and I'm not being forced to pay to fund her life.

Yes I owe a few years money but I'm owed 7 years lost time with my boy!! Who's going to repay me that????
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th May 17, 9:23 AM
    • 7,472 Posts
    • 5,384 Thanks
    pmduk
    You do realise that there is an alternative for the CSA? They could summons you to a Magistrates Court for wilful failure to support the children. Continued failure to make payment usually results in a 42 day sentence (which doesn't wipe out any support owed)
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 13th May 17, 9:28 AM
    • 3,866 Posts
    • 10,647 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    You already owe £10k. That won't go away. If you really wanted to see your son you'd move heaven and earth to enable it. I had to when my ex decided he wanted full custody - it cost me £13k many years ago, and my ex nothing as full legal aid was available then. It took me a long time to pay it back but was worth every penny.

The longer you do nothing, the less your child will think of you, but in the meantime he still needs food, clothing, housing etc. The maintenance money will only continue to mount up!
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 13th May 17, 9:43 AM
    • 1,232 Posts
    • 2,595 Thanks
    IAmWales

Thanks for any replies.
    I can only imagine what your child thinks of you!

Because that's what it is about, even if you don't see them now when you eventually do they'll know all about your refusal to pay. Your ex may not be acting fairly (and we can't say either way, given your attitude on here she may have good reason to deny you access) but ultimately it's you that is harming any hope of a relationship with the child.
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 13th May 17, 4:53 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    What my child thinks about me? My child doesn't even know I exist!

&a prison? A life time in prison would be easier than a life time of paying look I want this thread deleting I'm not here to argue toss about the CSA.

I'm not paying to be Dad without playing Dad it really is as simple as that. Prison lmao send me at least at there expense.
    • Chewyclegnuts
    • By Chewyclegnuts 13th May 17, 4:57 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chewyclegnuts
    She denied me access the day we broke up. She carried on allowing my dad to see my so. For about 5 weeks after and I had to get permission of her to see my son with my dad.

She's playing god with a child's life is all think what you like.

I'm not dead beat I've been going no other option....

You woman who class your careers as ill time mothers imagine being a Dad with no access for 7 years and have started a new family yet still being forced to pay out 40% of your wage after 20% tax then come moan at me.

F""k the CSA I hope world war 3 one day breaks out because the first thing I will do is get a challenger 2 tank from the army and roll it straight into there offices.

The CSA is a government funded scam I pay plenty enough income tax to cover the child benefit.

F""k the CSA f""k this bent countRy this is my last message on this post.
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 13th May 17, 9:23 PM
    • 3,866 Posts
    • 10,647 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    What my child thinks about me? My child doesn't even know I exist!

&a prison? A life time in prison would be easier than a life time of paying look I want this thread deleting I'm not here to argue toss about the CSA.

I'm not paying to be Dad without playing Dad it really is as simple as that. Prison lmao send me at least at there expense.
    Of course your child knows you exist, he surely doesnt think his was an Immaculate Conception?

You have a child. The law says you are duty bound to provide for that child. The fact that the mother doesn't let you see him doesn't make it right that you don't pay.

Yet another person who only want to hear what he things from forum members and as we are telling him things he doesn't want to hear he wants the thread deleted.

As IAmWales says, your attitude on here is somewhat telling regarding why you have no access. As I said before, it's not about you, it's about the child. You just don't get that.
    • GwylimT
    • By GwylimT 13th May 17, 10:59 PM
    • 5,808 Posts
    • 10,817 Thanks
    GwylimT
    The fact that you refering to being a father as "play dad" shows you should have never become a parent in the first place.

Like you my mother put her own needs before mine and paid £0 towards my up bringing as she valued being a bitter, resentful monster towards my dad. I will never see her, she cannot be called a mother. You cannot be called a father.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,908Posts Today

5,714Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin