Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mikkir
    • By mikkir 5th Feb 17, 7:13 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 3Thanks
    mikkir
    Severe Illness Pension Drawdown
    • 5th Feb 17, 7:13 PM
    Severe Illness Pension Drawdown 5th Feb 17 at 7:13 PM
    My wife was diagnosed with a Motor Sensory Nueropothy disease, we have gone from both working 10 years ago to her being in a wheel chair and me being a full time carer. Her life expectancy is anyting from 10 to 20 years but as a result of the disease we find ourselves in debt. Can we cash in a small private pension of £3000 as one lump sum under the ill health rules and if so how much can we expect to get?
    She is 45 yrs old.
    Any input much appreciated.

Many thanks.
    M
    Last edited by mikkir; 05-02-2017 at 7:19 PM.
Page 1
    • mikkir
    • By mikkir 5th Feb 17, 7:59 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mikkir
    • 5th Feb 17, 7:59 PM
    • 5th Feb 17, 7:59 PM
    Mods? Sorry this is in the wrong place, it should be under the pensions tag .
    Anyway ive found the answer , due to my wife having a longer than 12 month life expectancy we DO NOT qualify under the government rules but DO qualify under the "trivial lump sum legislation" Hope this helps somebody.
    https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/about-pensions/retirement-choices/the-right-choice-for-me/taking-a-small-pension-as-a-cash-lump-sum
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

2,647Users online

Martin's Twitter