Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 30th Nov 16, 3:20 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 35Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal
    • 30th Nov 16, 3:20 PM
    TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal 30th Nov 16 at 3:20 PM
    Hi guys, we're featuring a new exclusive offer on the site that whilst perhaps not being suitable for everyone, we feel might be a good deal for some of you;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts#tsbswitch

Free £100 for switching, plus 5% interest (3% from Jan) & up to £5/mth cashback
    TSB CLASSIC PLUS*

Until 11 Dec 2016, via our special link, TSB* gives accepted switchers to its Classic Plus account a free £100 (go direct you get nowt). You'll also get 5% cashback on the first £100 of contactless debit card spending a month (so a free fiver each month for most) until Sep 2017, and interest of 5% on balances up to £2,000 - though this drops to 3% from January.

To get the switching bonus, you need to apply for the account by 11 Dec 2016, and fully switch to it using TSB's switching service by 30 December. You'll also need to switch at least two direct debits (which must still be active for at least 28 days after the switch completes), and pay in at least £500 in the first 28 days from switching.

You can find the rest of the need to know information via the above link.

If you have any issues with your switch, call TSB's Switcher Team on 0345 835 7838.

If you're still struggling, you can post on this thread, below, or reach us via direct email on: voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
Page 2
    • cmcveigh815
    • By cmcveigh815 8th Dec 16, 8:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cmcveigh815
    Already have an account
    I opened an account a few months ago. Am I still able to switch and get £100?
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 9th Dec 16, 1:59 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    It sounds as though this is an issue at TSB's side then unfortunately.

In terms of completing the switch over the phone, this could affect the switching bonus so we would not suggest this unless the advisor at TSB was able to guarantee you would still be eligible for the bonus.

Hope this helps,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • Birdwell
    • By Birdwell 10th Dec 16, 1:14 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Birdwell
    I opened an account a few months ago. Am I still able to switch and get £100?
    From the page with the TSB details:

Can I have more than one account? You can only open two accounts if one is a single and one is a joint account
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 10th Dec 16, 5:31 AM
    • 811 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Terry98
    I've just applied online and have been given a sort code and account number already. Hopefully getting the £100 is as easy.
    Originally posted by chambta
    Like you I applied online and have been given a sort code and account number.

What have you done about switching? I don't want to set up the switch until I have got my login details from TSB so I can see what is going on with my account. Hopefully that will be sorted out next week so the switch can be completed by end December to ensure we get the £100!
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 14th Dec 16, 9:04 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ST-User
    Finally I did it! :-)
    I waited 24 hours as TSB tech support advised and successfully opened two accounts last Saturday 3.30 a.m.
    • Cookiecrumble
    • By Cookiecrumble 16th Dec 16, 1:11 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Cookiecrumble
    Hi, Anyone know how long from opening the a/c that TSB pays the bonus?
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 16th Dec 16, 4:41 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    Hi, Anyone know how long from opening the a/c that TSB pays the bonus?
    Originally posted by Cookiecrumble
    Hi there,

The cashback should be paid to your account within 28 days of the switch completing, as long as you've met the terms and conditions.

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • Norscbu
    • By Norscbu 21st Dec 16, 3:45 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Norscbu
    should probably be un-stickied now
    • Emmavescence
    • By Emmavescence 3rd Jan 17, 5:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Emmavescence
    Very poor service after switch :(
    I managed to switch to TSB using this deal effective 19th Dec, but I've not been able to access my transactions or statements ever since! There's an error on both the desktop and mobile app versions of their internet banking, saying I can't access transactions made before my name was on the account. It's not a joint account, and my name definitely has not changed.

I've made two calls to TSB so far: one where they told me this was a known issue and it would be resolved within 24 hours, and that I could expect to access my account normally before Christmas, and the second call on 29th Dec where I was told this story was complete rubbish, they didn't have a clue how to fix the problem yet for people who'd been switched and had their accounts messed up, and therefore I would be without access to my account for an unknown duration of time. Also that they weren't going to notify me when it was fixed, and I should just "keep trying" every couple of days.

I'm furious that I was lied to with such conviction and certainty on the first call (based on false information!), and also that my bank account remains inaccessible to me in any meaningful fashion 2 weeks after a switch. This is not how to impress new customers.

I'm at a loss really... I'll be writing a letter of complaint (I couldn't register one over the phone without spending another 20 mins on the line), but I don't expect this is going to speed along my account access. My scheduled payments are still going in and out, so I gather, but I can't log in and confirm this myself, and I can't keep on top of my budgeting as a result.

Rubbish switching experience.
    • Gary1963
    • By Gary1963 4th Jan 17, 2:11 AM
    • 162 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    Gary1963
    I switched.....still waiting for the £100!!
    • Cookiecrumble
    • By Cookiecrumble 4th Jan 17, 9:36 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Cookiecrumble
    Received £100 bonus exactly 28 days after opening.☺
    Time to switch again!
    • chambta
    • By chambta 5th Jan 17, 6:11 PM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 1,011 Thanks
    chambta
    Just waiting for my cash. The switch went through on December 22nd.
    • bengarton
    • By bengarton 16th Jan 17, 8:07 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bengarton
    Hi there,

The cashback should be paid to your account within 28 days of the switch completing, as long as you've met the terms and conditions.

Thanks,
    Originally posted by MSE Ryan

28 days since my switch today, and no money paid into my account. How do I chase this up? Not happy, was relying on this after christmas!
    Last edited by bengarton; 16-01-2017 at 9:03 AM. Reason: add quote
    • chambta
    • By chambta 19th Jan 17, 6:12 PM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 1,011 Thanks
    chambta
    £100 received today.
    • mt99
    • By mt99 25th Jan 17, 11:48 AM
    • 392 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    mt99
    Clicking on the link above and then the 'TSB' link from the MSE announcement goes to:

https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/316665103;144918178;j

This is blocked by my spam filters.

Clicking on the link given above ( http://goo.gl/roXeta ) goes to the correct site.
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 25th Jan 17, 1:56 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Terry98
    Clicking on the link above and then the 'TSB' link from the MSE announcement goes to:

https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/316665103;144918178;j

This is blocked by my spam filters.

Clicking on the link given above ( http://goo.gl/roXeta ) goes to the correct site.
    Originally posted by mt99
    This is an old thread.

The current one is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5590820
    • CazB71
    • By CazB71 23rd Feb 17, 3:19 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CazB71
    I have recently switched in the last couple of days to TSB but haven't had anything to acknowledge the money I should be receiving for switching. Is this normal or did any of you receive an email to confirm that you would be receiving the money for switching?

TIA
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 23rd Feb 17, 5:28 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Terry98
    I have recently switched in the last couple of days to TSB but haven't had anything to acknowledge the money I should be receiving for switching. Is this normal or did any of you receive an email to confirm that you would be receiving the money for switching?

TIA
    Originally posted by CazB71
    This is an old thread but providing you followed the link in the correct thread this is when the bonus is paid

To get the £125 bonus, you need to apply for the account via our link by Monday 27 February, and fully switch to it using TSB's switching service by Friday 31 March.

'You must pay in at least £500 in the first 28 days after switching, and also switch at least two active direct debits (these must still be active at least 28 days after the switch completes – an active direct debit is one that's less than 13 months old or has paid out in the past 13 months).'

.http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2017/01/tsb-relaunches-free-125-current-account-switch-offer
    • Tyler Durden UK
    • By Tyler Durden UK 28th Feb 17, 1:51 PM
    • 675 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    Tyler Durden UK
    I've set up a new TSB account (via the £125 link) however, I cant find the debit card for the account I want switching (not sure it can with one or is currently valid either). Will this stop / hinder the switching process which I haven't completed due to this ?
    • badger09
    • By badger09 28th Feb 17, 2:37 PM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 4,368 Thanks
    badger09
    I've set up a new TSB account (via the £125 link) however, I cant find the debit card for the account I want switching (not sure it can with one or is currently valid either). Will this stop / hinder the switching process which I haven't completed due to this ?
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden UK
    It might do. My experience is that if the account to be switched ever had a debit card, the new bank wants the details.

Why not ask TSB?

Or, ask the bank you are switching from, for a new/replacement card?

A couple of years ago, I obtained a debit card from Lloyds for an account I wanted to switch. I'd never had a card for that account and it took less than a week to arrive.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,436Posts Today

8,468Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm at the start of make up for the new character I'm doing today for my ITV show. Any guesses (no it's not Philip? https://t.co/uiuEPkGzId

• Thank you for covering the story - but also can i say - what a great name for the editor of Money Marketing! https://t.co/UcvQduTeJL

• Hurrah! The ASA's ruled against 2 fake Facebook ads using my image https://t.co/GvNrqDPOC5 tho Facebook still shows others

• Follow Martin