Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 30th Nov 16, 3:20 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 33Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal
    • 30th Nov 16, 3:20 PM
    TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal 30th Nov 16 at 3:20 PM
    Hi guys, we're featuring a new exclusive offer on the site that whilst perhaps not being suitable for everyone, we feel might be a good deal for some of you;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts#tsbswitch

Free £100 for switching, plus 5% interest (3% from Jan) & up to £5/mth cashback
    TSB CLASSIC PLUS*

Until 11 Dec 2016, via our special link, TSB* gives accepted switchers to its Classic Plus account a free £100 (go direct you get nowt). You'll also get 5% cashback on the first £100 of contactless debit card spending a month (so a free fiver each month for most) until Sep 2017, and interest of 5% on balances up to £2,000 - though this drops to 3% from January.

To get the switching bonus, you need to apply for the account by 11 Dec 2016, and fully switch to it using TSB's switching service by 30 December. You'll also need to switch at least two direct debits (which must still be active for at least 28 days after the switch completes), and pay in at least £500 in the first 28 days from switching.

You can find the rest of the need to know information via the above link.

If you have any issues with your switch, call TSB's Switcher Team on 0345 835 7838.

If you're still struggling, you can post on this thread, below, or reach us via direct email on: voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
Page 1
    • Jorom
    • By Jorom 6th Dec 16, 11:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jorom
    • 6th Dec 16, 11:09 AM
    • 6th Dec 16, 11:09 AM
    Hi I've just opened this account. I am happy to switch a couple of direct debits and add monthly required amount but don't want to close my first direct account as have had it for 14 years. Can I still set up 2 dd and get the 100 cash without closing first direct? The switch service looks like it'll close FD.
    • Jorom
    • By Jorom 6th Dec 16, 11:41 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jorom
    • 6th Dec 16, 11:41 AM
    Question
    • 6th Dec 16, 11:41 AM
    Looks like a partial switch ok from the brochure info. Answered my own question.
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 6th Dec 16, 12:56 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    • 6th Dec 16, 12:56 PM
    • 6th Dec 16, 12:56 PM
    Looks like a partial switch ok from the brochure info. Answered my own question.
    Originally posted by Jorom
    Hi Jorom,

I think there may have been some misunderstanding as to get the cashback, you are required to maker a full switch, as stated in our guide;

'To get the switching bonus, you need to apply for the account by 11 Dec 2016, and fully switch to it using TSB's switching service by 30 December. You'll also need to switch at least two direct debits (which must still be active for at least 28 days after the switch completes), and pay in at least £500 in the first 28 days from switching.'

Hope this helps,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • Lewis H
    • By Lewis H 6th Dec 16, 4:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lewis H
    • 6th Dec 16, 4:31 PM
    • 6th Dec 16, 4:31 PM
    Hi Ryan,

I want to switch to this account but my current account only has one direct debit. I've arranged a second one but it'll take up to 10 days for it to become active, if I apply for the account before the 11th but wait to complete the switch until after the direct debit becomes active (around the 26th) will I still be eligible for the £100 bonus?
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 6th Dec 16, 4:50 PM
    • 29,396 Posts
    • 17,181 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 6th Dec 16, 4:50 PM
    • 6th Dec 16, 4:50 PM
    Hi Ryan,

I want to switch to this account but my current account only has one direct debit. I've arranged a second one but it'll take up to 10 days for it to become active, if I apply for the account before the 11th but wait to complete the switch until after the direct debit becomes active (around the 26th) will I still be eligible for the £100 bonus?
    Originally posted by Lewis H
    It's a 7 working day switching service, so switching requests would need to be in by around the 19th December...and that's if TSB would start working in it immediately...many banks don't!
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 6th Dec 16, 5:27 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:27 PM
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:27 PM
    Hi Ryan,

Hi Lewis,

On this it would probably be best to give TSB's Switcher Team a call directly on 0345 835 7838 as they will be able to clarify this for you either way!

Hope this helps,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 6th Dec 16, 5:38 PM
    • 29,396 Posts
    • 17,181 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:38 PM
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:38 PM
    Hi Lewis,

On this it would probably be best to give TSB's Switcher Team a call directly on 0345 835 7838 as they will be able to clarify this for you either way!

Hope this helps,
    Originally posted by MSE Ryan
    The clarification is in the T&Cs isn't it?
    Eligibility
    1. To qualify for the offer you must:a. Open a new Classic Plus account by 11 December 2016 and have completed your switch to TSB using the Current Account Switch Service by 30 December 2016
    Ergo, for a 7 working day switch, which can't start until the 28th December, expecting completion in two days is a tad optimistic?
    • Lewis H
    • By Lewis H 6th Dec 16, 5:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lewis H
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:57 PM
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:57 PM
    Oh, sorry, I just realised I put 26 when it should have been the 17th.

Does that mean I could apply for the account before the 11th and ask them to finish to switch on the 18th when the DD will be active or does it have to take 7 days? Or does the DD have to be active before you apply?
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 6th Dec 16, 6:04 PM
    • 29,396 Posts
    • 17,181 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Oh, sorry, I just realised I put 26 when it should have been the 17th.

Does that mean I could apply for the account before the 11th and ask them to finish to switch on the 18th when the DD will be active or does it have to take 7 days? Or does the DD have to be active before you apply?
    The DD has to be on the old account before the switch can start, since they obtain the details on day 1 (of 7).

As I said above, the latest you can START the switch is the 19th December, to ensure it completes BY the 30th December.

It's unlikely a DDI would appear on the account on a non-working day, so if it's not there on the 16th you'll have to hope it's there on the 19th.
    • Lewis H
    • By Lewis H 6th Dec 16, 6:35 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lewis H
    Ah, I see. I'm going to phone tomorrow to apply and then pray the DD starts before or on the 19th.

Thanks for your help.
    • bengarton
    • By bengarton 7th Dec 16, 10:46 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bengarton
    Tried to use this but the link doesn't work for me in any browser, I just get "can't find the server at ad.doubleclick.net"

Have tried in Chrome, IE and Firefox with no adblocking or firewall etc.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 7th Dec 16, 4:06 PM
    • 4,531 Posts
    • 1,850 Thanks
    KTF
    The link goes here (I shortened the url so the forum software wouldn't mess up the link):

http://goo.gl/roXeta

Does that work for you?
    • chambta
    • By chambta 7th Dec 16, 10:12 PM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 1,011 Thanks
    chambta
    I've just applied online and have been given a sort code and account number already. Hopefully getting the £100 is as easy.
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 8th Dec 16, 1:22 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ST-User
    I keep receiving an error message after giving in my details:
    "7000001 : Sorry, there’s a technical problem. We can’t complete your transaction right now. Please try again later."
    :-(((
    • MSE Ryan
    • By MSE Ryan 8th Dec 16, 2:37 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    MSE Ryan
    I keep receiving an error message after giving in my details:
    "7000001 : Sorry, there’s a technical problem. We can’t complete your transaction right now. Please try again later."
    :-(((
    Originally posted by ST-User
    Hi ST-User

If you're still having this issue it would be best to get in touch with TSB directly via their Switcher Team on 0345 835 7838.

For anyone who is having issues getting to the link, we've tested this again and we can't see any issues with the link.

There are a few things you can try to get around any issues with the link;

Empty the cache on your browser
    Ensure that cookies are enabled on your browser
    Try using a different browser (we find Google Chrome usually works best)
    Make sure your browser is up-to-date and running the latest version

If you're using a mobile or tablet device you might want to:

Try using a laptop or desktop computer instead
    Make sure that your software and apps are up-to-date

I've included below links on how to clear your cache in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome:
    Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17438/windows-internet-explorer-view-delete-browsing-history
    Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
    Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 8th Dec 16, 2:44 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ST-User
    Thank you for your answer.
    This error message comes up when I have already added my details and try to go further with the credit check. If I call that number and finish the application through the phone instead of doing it fully online, will it not ruin my eligibility for the switch incentive?
    • Norscbu
    • By Norscbu 8th Dec 16, 2:46 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Norscbu
    Thank you for your answer.
    This error message comes up when I have already added my details and try to go further with the credit check. If I call that number and finish the application through the phone instead of doing it fully online, will it not ruin my eligibility for the switch incentive?
    You could ask them this on the phone prior to going through with the switch. Or you could send a secure message via the site to seek clarification.
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 8th Dec 16, 5:06 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ST-User
    The customer service said that there was a heavy load on their servers, and suggested to try it in the late night hours, maybe then...
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 8th Dec 16, 5:18 PM
    • 29,396 Posts
    • 17,181 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    The customer service said that there was a heavy load on their servers, and suggested to try it in the late night hours, maybe then...
    The problem with that is there's a greater risk of the CRA link being down (for updates etc), so electronic verification isn't instant. It's for that reason I never apply online for anything after 9.30pm. If you want to try 'out of hours', I'd suggest 6am onwards would be a better time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,908Posts Today

5,714Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin