Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 24th Nov 16, 8:55 PM
    • 6,395Posts
    • 19,297Thanks
    Doc N
    Mystery Dining (now HGEM) discussion thread
    • 24th Nov 16, 8:55 PM
    Mystery Dining (now HGEM) discussion thread 24th Nov 16 at 8:55 PM
    I thought this might be a useful thread for members of certain Mystery Dining companies wanting to exchange views freely and without interference from the company moderators whenever a topic on their internal forums looks like getting a bit uncomfortable.

HGEM Ltd is now the main company's name, previously The Mystery Dining Company Ltd.

Assessors will know exactly what I mean. Questions are asked which raise issues that the company's uncomfortable having aired - so it just closes the thread down to avoid any further discussion.

One such topic is the pressure on assessors to write glowing reports - even when the experience was far from glowing.

Another is the inconsistency in grading reports.

There are any number of topics being blocked because they make uncomfortable reading - here's maybe a good place for people to share their views without the heavy-handed interference and censorship.
    Last edited by Doc N; 18-07-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Page 1
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 28th Nov 16, 11:00 AM
    • 164 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    whmf00001
    • 28th Nov 16, 11:00 AM
    • 28th Nov 16, 11:00 AM
    oblem other than that most jobs in in big cities and a lot of them are evening, as an older shopper I prefer lunchtimes. One MS co only pay £10 but expect a meal and a drink for that price, if you take someone with you then its out of reach. I do not like having to take photos from above the glass or plate, does that look normal? Just to let you know that others do read your posts.
    • Cairoxxx
    • By Cairoxxx 19th May 17, 6:37 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cairoxxx
    • 19th May 17, 6:37 PM
    • 19th May 17, 6:37 PM
    Regarding the Company that would like to keep their name a Mystery ..... 90 minutes, 10 emails, and not even any Dining required - wham, bam, ma'am, I think that is what you call spam!
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 19th May 17, 7:38 PM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 19,297 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 19th May 17, 7:38 PM
    • 19th May 17, 7:38 PM
    Mystery Dining is a bit of a misnomer these days - it's mainly pubs and places like Subway, where they reimburse all of £5 for about an hour's work!

There got to be quite a few adverse comments about it on one of their discussion threads recently, so they did what they always do when they get criticism - closed the thread to any further comments.

It's a very controlling outfit. They do NOT like any form of criticism, even on forums which are supposedly designed to allow discussion. The real purpose of the forums is to snoop on what people are thinking, and then stamp on anyone who speaks out of turn!
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 15th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 19,297 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    A lot of discussion about the number of Subway-style dines on the Mystery Dining (HGEM) internal forums at the moment, but every time one of the discussions gets a bit critical about the lack of proper dines they close the discussion thread down.

They do this every time one of the discussion threads starts becoming critical about anything rather than just allow people to post what they really think. The whole thing's heavily censored to make it look as if everyone's happy in Mystery Diner land, and I suspect some of the more positive posts are 'plants'.

They really do not like criticism, and if you disagree with them you run the risk of having your account closed.

OK for the very occasional high value meal, but there's now so much dross that results in a lot of work for around a fiver (well below minimum wage rates if you were an employee) that it's barely worth signing up - and you only get the dross until you reach the upper echelons in their grading system.

And what restaurant clients may not know is that the reporting structure is very much geared up to producing positive, glowing reports. Negative reports are much more difficult for assessors, and it's very much simpler to make a positive report than a negative one. If I were a restaurant owner I'd be taking the feedback with a very large pinch of salt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,398Posts Today

7,268Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• RT @MSE_Deals: #BlackFriday UPDATE... We've spotted some of Currys' prices are cheaper online than in its stores, eg, Sonos Play 1 £149 onl?

• Follow Martin