Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 3
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 7th May 16, 6:20 PM
    • 3,389 Posts
    • 26,452 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Maybe a kind board guide might merge the threads when they get a moment?
    • Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 7th May 16, 9:50 PM
    • 3,457 Posts
    • 18,949 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    Fudge, how did yesterday's viewing go?
    Any feedback yet?
    Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets
    • Money saving maniac
    • By Money saving maniac 7th May 16, 11:53 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 674 Thanks
    Money saving maniac
    Wow well I had an offer on the first viewing yesterday!
    It was 3k below asking price and I had 3 viewers in today and one on Monday so will wait to see what happens...now the huge stress of finding somewhere to move to!!
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 8th May 16, 6:50 AM
    • 3,389 Posts
    • 26,452 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Maniac well done! You lucky thing.
    • Money saving maniac
    • By Money saving maniac 8th May 16, 10:15 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 674 Thanks
    Money saving maniac
    My house is not in tip top nick decoratively - for a number of reasons - so I've been sensible about pricing, rather than floating at a higher price and keeping fingers crossed. I went with what 3 EA's suggested and it looks like it was the right ballpark
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 8th May 16, 10:51 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Well, after 16 months on the market, 2 estate agents and 1 new baby...we have accepted an offer on our property. It was done up to a great standard, new kitchen, bathroom etc but it's directly next to a pub.

Finally sold...what a hard slog that was...especially with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. Being 8 months pregnant with a toddler, trying to get the house to showhome standard, while working full time was one of my "darkest periods"

It's tough. Everything crossed it all goes smoothly. Spending tomorrow and Tuesday viewing properties. But we think we've found the one already and will be going back for a 2nd viewing on Tuesday.

Just waiting for the SOLD sign to go up now.

Good Luck...xx
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

• smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 9th May 16, 7:08 AM
    • 3,389 Posts
    • 26,452 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Well done, Bonfire!
    • CraftySaver2689
    • By CraftySaver2689 9th May 16, 5:01 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    CraftySaver2689
    So had my first offer today £367k, £3k under the asking price, open day is scheduled for the weekend so I'm holding off doing anything until then

Garden and Carpets are getting sorted/replaced on Thursday (had tenant from hell), estate agent showed the offer person the house early before all the work was finished

Hope it goes to the asking price or wishful thinking over

• Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 9th May 16, 8:26 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Well, after 16 months on the market, 2 estate agents and 1 new baby...we have accepted an offer on our property. It was done up to a great standard, new kitchen, bathroom etc but it's directly next to a pub.

Finally sold...what a hard slog that was...especially with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. Being 8 months pregnant with a toddler, trying to get the house to showhome standard, while working full time was one of my "darkest periods"

It's tough. Everything crossed it all goes smoothly. Spending tomorrow and Tuesday viewing properties. But we think we've found the one already and will be going back for a 2nd viewing on Tuesday.

Just waiting for the SOLD sign to go up now.

Good Luck...xx
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    We had a call today to say they are "pulling out"...

absolutely gutted and back to square 1. Looks like I may be a member of this thread for some time.

The reason: The pub next door. Argh!!!!

Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

• Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 9th May 16, 8:27 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    So had my first offer today £367k, £3k under the asking price, open day is scheduled for the weekend so I'm holding off doing anything until then

Garden and Carpets are getting sorted/replaced on Thursday (had tenant from hell), estate agent showed the offer person the house early before all the work was finished

Hope it goes to the asking price or wishful thinking over

Originally posted by CraftySaver2689

All the best!! Hope you get what you want!! x

Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

• fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 9th May 16, 8:31 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    fudge7000
    Well done maniac, bonfire and crafty saver!

No feedback from Fridays viewing yet, although I was there and she seemed to love it... I was at work today during the viewing so no idea!

Estate agent will probably ring me over the next day or two with feedback, and hopefully an offer over the asking price (I can always dream...!)

Anything new with you smallholding?
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)

• fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 9th May 16, 8:31 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    fudge7000
    Sorry bonfire, was typing at the same time as you!

• Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 9th May 16, 9:04 PM
    • 3,457 Posts
    • 18,949 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    We had a call today to say they are "pulling out"...

absolutely gutted and back to square 1. Looks like I may be a member of this thread for some time.

The reason: The pub next door. Argh!!!!
    So sorry Bonfire. I suppose the only consultation for you is that they pulled out before you'd spent money on solicitors, etc.
    Stupid reason though, because the pub was there when they made the offer!

We accepted an offer on our house on Saturday and had our offer accepted on the house we wanted on Saturday too.
    It is so stressful and both EAs called today and I panicked both times but they just wanted solicitor details etc.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 9th May 16, 9:21 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    So sorry Bonfire. I suppose the only consultation for you is that they pulled out before you'd spent money on solicitors, etc.
    Stupid reason though, because the pub was there when they made the offer!

We accepted an offer on our house on Saturday and had our offer accepted on the house we wanted on Saturday too.
    It is so stressful and both EAs called today and I panicked both times but they just wanted solicitor details etc.
    Originally posted by Clutterfree
    That's great news..congratulations. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Yes, you're right. They were very apologetic in the email they sent to the EA. They said they had spoken to a few people that go there who mentioned no issues with noise but lots of police visits. The police have come down on a lot of clubs in the area in the last 3 years just to make sure they are not serving under 18's.

I dont know whether to send an email with our personal experiences of the club that the EA could pass to this couple? They put in 4 offers all together so were quite eager to purchase.

What they have heard is mostly rumours. We are not moving because of the club but because we are in a financial situation which allows us to step up the ladder.

Hard work.

Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

• infocom
    • By infocom 9th May 16, 9:26 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    infocom
    I have 3 kids and loads of clutter! I've stuffed as much as I can under the beds and in the attic, then anything left over I put in black bags and keep them in the hallway. When someone comes to view I load all the bags into the car, and park it across the street!
    • Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 9th May 16, 9:35 PM
    • 3,457 Posts
    • 18,949 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    I have 3 kids and loads of clutter! I've stuffed as much as I can under the beds and in the attic, then anything left over I put in black bags and keep them in the hallway. When someone comes to view I load all the bags into the car, and park it across the street!
    Originally posted by infocom
    Yes my boot has been full for a few weeks!
    Had to empty it today because have an MOT booked tomorrow!

Good luck!
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 9th May 16, 10:28 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    fudge7000
    I had to do a complete change round in my car to fit the dogs in the boot as it's so full of house stuff at the moment!

• GaggingOrder
    • By GaggingOrder 9th May 16, 11:07 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    GaggingOrder
    Sorry to hear that, Bonfire. It's such a pain when you feel you're getting somewhere. We've had a few serious people who looked like they were going to be our buyers but various things put them off/ they found somewhere else. Must be even more frustrating if you'd accepted an offer. Fingers crossed things improve for you.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 10th May 16, 8:55 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Thanks GaggingO. I sent the EA an email this morning and they have forwarded it onto the buyers. It appears they have spoken to someone who has just scared them about the pub next door...so I just gave them our experiences over the past 8 years. I dont have any hope but felt it unfair that it had been branded a bar with a bad reputation which is very inaccurate.

EA phoned me at 1pm asking for a viewing at 6pm. With a 6 month old and a toddler it was a struggle but i managed to get the house ready. They are first time buyers and have an AIP. Fingers crossed. They were very eager to view the house x

Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

• GaggingOrder
    • By GaggingOrder 10th May 16, 9:30 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    GaggingOrder

EA phoned me at 1pm asking for a viewing at 6pm. With a 6 month old and a toddler it was a struggle but i managed to get the house ready. They are first time buyers and have an AIP. Fingers crossed. They were very eager to view the house x
    Fingers crossed! I know that pain with baby and toddler of my own!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,416Posts Today

8,466Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm at the start of make up for the new character I'm doing today for my ITV show. Any guesses (no it's not Philip? https://t.co/uiuEPkGzId

• Thank you for covering the story - but also can i say - what a great name for the editor of Money Marketing! https://t.co/UcvQduTeJL

• Hurrah! The ASA's ruled against 2 fake Facebook ads using my image https://t.co/GvNrqDPOC5 tho Facebook still shows others

• Follow Martin