Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 523Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?
    • 1st May 16, 7:23 PM
    Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me? 1st May 16 at 7:23 PM
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

Page 2
    • GaggingOrder
    • By GaggingOrder 4th May 16, 7:55 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    GaggingOrder
    Smallholdingsister, if you're reliant on incomers you will probably be affected by any slowdowns where they're coming from. Lots of evidence that things have slowed down in London especially.
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 4th May 16, 8:46 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    fudge7000
    We're in the suburbs currently, but house is at top of the market for the area, so we're in a similar boat really, going for people moving out of Nottingham wanting more space. Am sure there'll be someone out there for all of us hopefully!
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)

• GaggingOrder
    • By GaggingOrder 4th May 16, 8:52 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    GaggingOrder
    I hope so. We have had a couple of offers since lowering the price to reflect the changing market. Unfortunately in both cases the offers were the bad combination of too low and not immediately proceedable. Just need someone to come along who both wants it and is in a position to buy it!
    • CraftySaver2689
    • By CraftySaver2689 4th May 16, 9:17 AM
    • 130 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    CraftySaver2689
    My house is now on the market, exciting times
    the house is in a popular area with not alot coming onto the market so hopefully it sells quickly - we are chain free as we previously rented this house out after moving in with my soon to be husband.

Renting out didnt work for it - so time to sell
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 4th May 16, 6:08 PM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 27,756 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Fingers crossed Crafty Saver.

Why do people offer when they are not in a position to proceed?
    • Thatsthespirit
    • By Thatsthespirit 4th May 16, 6:24 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Thatsthespirit
    Over 2 months here and ever so slowly reducing the price I haven't had a single viewing.
    • GaggingOrder
    • By GaggingOrder 4th May 16, 7:02 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    GaggingOrder
    Over 2 months here and ever so slowly reducing the price I haven't had a single viewing.
    Originally posted by Thatsthespirit
    That's a bit rough, especially not to get any initially. What sort of property, and where, if you don't mind me asking?
    Last edited by GaggingOrder; 04-05-2016 at 7:03 PM. Reason: Removal of accidental multi quote
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 4th May 16, 7:57 PM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 27,756 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Oh Spirit. B u m m e r.
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 4th May 16, 8:04 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    fudge7000
    Thatsthespirit - that's really unfortunate, any idea why?

• Thatsthespirit
    • By Thatsthespirit 4th May 16, 8:17 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Thatsthespirit
    That's a bit rough, especially not to get any initially. What sort of property, and where, if you don't mind me asking?
    Originally posted by GaggingOrder
    Thatsthespirit - that's really unfortunate, any idea why?
    Originally posted by fudge7000
    It's on too high basically, where there are near enough identical flats to mine on the market for £5k cheaper! My EA is trying to convince me that because mine is ground floor we should stick it out and wait for the interest. I can't believe we started at £115k!
    • Dan-Dan
    • By Dan-Dan 4th May 16, 8:36 PM
    • 4,923 Posts
    • 4,329 Thanks
    Dan-Dan
    I thought ground floor was less desirable in a block of flats?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
    • GaggingOrder
    • By GaggingOrder 4th May 16, 9:08 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    GaggingOrder
    It's on too high basically, where there are near enough identical flats to mine on the market for £5k cheaper! My EA is trying to convince me that because mine is ground floor we should stick it out and wait for the interest. I can't believe we started at £115k!
    Originally posted by Thatsthespirit
    It is difficult to know how to price it, even if you do your research and know what's reasonable. We priced ours under some more or less identical properties thinking it would bring people in. We actually went with the lowest of the four valuations we had done. It worked initially but unfortunately didn't bring any offers. Then the market dropped and it made us look overpriced as lots of other properties started discounting. I would say, if you're going to drop the price, do it once rather than in increments.
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 5th May 16, 6:45 PM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 27,756 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Maybe go for a re launch with another agent?
    • fudge7000
    • By fudge7000 6th May 16, 2:42 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    fudge7000
    Waiting for today's viewer and just had a call that there's another one on Monday... Hope everyone else is having some luck as well?

• smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 6th May 16, 5:32 PM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 27,756 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Oh fudge! Fingers crossed.
    • GaggingOrder
    • By GaggingOrder 6th May 16, 6:30 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    GaggingOrder
    Just tumbleweed here!
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 7th May 16, 6:27 AM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 27,756 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Also here.
    • Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 7th May 16, 1:39 PM
    • 3,469 Posts
    • 19,007 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    Well I am happy to say we accepted an offer on our house this morning and have had our offer accepted on the house we want this afternoon!

Now comes the stress of the chain...
    Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 7th May 16, 3:02 PM
    • 3,557 Posts
    • 27,756 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a smooth and sweatless process.
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 7th May 16, 3:32 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,503 Thanks
    anotheruser
    I didn't resurrect the thread that's over a year old, thought it was better to just start a new one...
    Originally posted by fudge7000
    Oh the problems of today's people.
    Why continue using something that is perfectly fine when starting a new one is a "better" idea. Not getting at you OP but it's okay to carry on threads.

If nobody replies to this thread within a month, someone else might just make a new one, then everyone will miss stuff from this thread that may be useful, albeit (in the case of the year old thread) a little outdated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

289Posts Today

1,682Users online

Martin's Twitter