Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tgon
    • By tgon 26th Apr 16, 9:41 AM
    • 564Posts
    • 277Thanks
    tgon
    Slicethepie?
    • 26th Apr 16, 9:41 AM
    Slicethepie? 26th Apr 16 at 9:41 AM
    Anyone tried this site?

https://www.slicethepie.com/
Page 1
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 26th Apr 16, 10:16 AM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    • 26th Apr 16, 10:16 AM
    • 26th Apr 16, 10:16 AM
    Used to use it, pretty awful pay and now they refuse your submissions pretty easily or give you low scores which ruins your account. I don't think it's worth it anymore- not for music reviews. I used to only do the fashion reviews which paid at a decent rate. But don't even get the emails about those anymore.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,602.53
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,240
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 26th Apr 16, 3:04 PM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 7,556 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    • 26th Apr 16, 3:04 PM
    • 26th Apr 16, 3:04 PM
    I do it and have a decent level on there so I aim for a quick $1-2 per day doing mostly fashion reviews which are alongside the music reviews. I tend to dip in whilst I'm doing other surveys and tasks just to mix it all up.
    Everytime they update their website they seem to lower their rates of pay, but I don't mind doing a little every day and cashing out each time I hit threshold.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 26th Apr 16, 9:38 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    • 26th Apr 16, 9:38 PM
    • 26th Apr 16, 9:38 PM
    I do it and have a decent level on there so I aim for a quick $1-2 per day doing mostly fashion reviews which are alongside the music reviews. I tend to dip in whilst I'm doing other surveys and tasks just to mix it all up.
    Everytime they update their website they seem to lower their rates of pay, but I don't mind doing a little every day and cashing out each time I hit threshold.
    Originally posted by joeyjimbles
    Thanks I just logged in again and the site has changed. If fashion reviews are more frequent- I'll be giving it another whirl.
    Minimalist
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,240
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 26th Apr 16, 9:53 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    • 26th Apr 16, 9:53 PM
    • 26th Apr 16, 9:53 PM
    They used to pay 50 cents per fashion review, this is now no better than the music reviews. Not a fast way to earn cash like it was! IMHO, I think there are better ways to earn cash. I will get my account up to $10 eventually and cash out.
    Minimalist
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 27th Apr 16, 8:20 AM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 7,556 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    • 27th Apr 16, 8:20 AM
    • 27th Apr 16, 8:20 AM
    They used to pay 50 cents per fashion review, this is now no better than the music reviews. Not a fast way to earn cash like it was! IMHO, I think there are better ways to earn cash. I will get my account up to $10 eventually and cash out.
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    I agree it isn't what it was, but I just open a tab whilst I'm doing a survey and do a few things on there and typically pull out $10-15+ a week for a bit of pottering. I find it oddly relaxing sometimes, unless I do the music stuff and get the misogynistic rap!
    • cauldron
    • By cauldron 2nd Jun 16, 9:02 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cauldron
    • 2nd Jun 16, 9:02 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 9:02 PM
    Could anyone help please? Slicethepie have started doing beauty reviews, and I managed to get 1 review through, but it keeps saying i'm not being specific enough, and refer to the product I'm reviewing. I keep doing that, tried it so many different ways, but it's having none of it.
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 2nd Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    dave2319
    • 2nd Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    • 2nd Jun 16, 10:36 PM
    Just logged in to Slicethepie for the first time since the end of January!
    I like how we can now choose which category to review, but I did one music and one homeware and only got paid 5 cents each. Don't mean to put people off too much, because have previously done music ones for that amount, in amongst others for 15-20 cents.
    Do we still get paid that much for some of them?

Cauldron... both my reviews just now went through fine, but yes, it's annoying when it says you're not being specific enough or your reviews are sounding repetitive! I really think their autochecker needs to be more lenient and better able to tell the difference between genuine reviews and people posting gibberish.

I don't have any beauty reviews to do, but they seem to require that you use a certain number of keywords - I think that's set too high as well! - so for the homeware one I used words such as design, style, texture, colour, mentioned the colours used, mentioned the product, and used a few suitable words from the given description.
    • Frognostic
    • By Frognostic 3rd Jun 16, 9:56 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frognostic
    • 3rd Jun 16, 9:56 PM
    • 3rd Jun 16, 9:56 PM
    I gave this site a try a couple of years back, before I started writing for content mills.

After earning a little bit of money on there they froze my account because I was rating things too similar for their liking. I emailed them and I think they allowed me back into my account but said I needed to give vary my ratings more. I never bothered after that.

For the money on offer I thought their standards were too high and it was not really worth my time. I have no intention of ever going back there and wouldn't be surprised if it was even worse than it was before.
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 17th Jun 16, 2:10 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    dave2319
    Email from Slicethepie:

"For this weekend only we have amazing bonus payment of $0.50 on selected homeware items".
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 17th Jun 16, 2:59 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    fewgroats
    For "selected homeware items" read "7 or 8 sofas". Shame it couldn't be more, really.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 17th Jun 16, 4:54 PM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 7,556 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    For "selected homeware items" read "7 or 8 sofas". Shame it couldn't be more, really.
    Originally posted by fewgroats
    I think it must depend on how many they had on a first come first served basis as I got to do 20 before it went back to my standard 5-13 cents.

There were also some bonus music tracks and fashion items earlier this afternoon. STP comes and goes in terms of reward, I tend to open a tab and do it alongside surveys and make a couple of dollars a day - more if there are bonuses - so it just plods along for me.
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 27th Jun 16, 11:02 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    dave2319
    Another email:

"Right now on Slicethepie we have a website full to bursting of items for you to review.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 3rd Jul 16, 2:11 PM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 7,556 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Bonus still on homeware reviews at the moment
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 14th Jul 16, 6:18 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    dave2319
    Just seen another email from Slicethepie saying currently 50 cents per review for sports products
    Said for 48 hours but was sent yesterday! Should be on till at least 4pm tomorrow though!
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 14th Jul 16, 8:51 PM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 7,556 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    There were about 50-60 products available on that bonus this morning, and I also got about 60 homewares at around 38-40 too - though mostly kettles again which is starting to make my head hurt. Still its nice and fast and I can do it alongside other online stuff so win-win.
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 18th Jul 16, 6:35 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    dave2319
    50 cents on sports products has finished, but now it's 50 cents on homewares

By the way, Joey, talking of an excessive amount of kettles, I ended up being quite happy to see the back of those electric scooters, because for the last few I did it was very difficult to get them accepted. No matter how many keywords I put in it kept saying it wasn't specific enough! Got to a point where I contemplated copying and pasting the description and seeing if it said the same!
    I didn't, but only because you can't copy and paste there!
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 18th Jul 16, 8:36 PM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 7,556 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Thanks for the heads-up. Scooters and I didn't do very well, I kept getting that 'not specific enough' response too - its two wheels, a stand and a handle!!
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 11th Dec 16, 11:48 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 499 Thanks
    dave2319
    Done a couple of nice music surveys at Slicethepie in the past week, including one just now for $1.
    Still a link there in notifications in the account area.
    • denisehilton
    • By denisehilton 11th Dec 16, 2:20 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    denisehilton
    Anyone tried this site?
    Originally posted by tgon
    Haven't used it myself but I heard from a friend that they do actually pay. Although the amount of earnings that you can make from it is quite low. You might have to work with other companies combined with it too if you want a stable flow of income.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,899Users online

Martin's Twitter