Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nikkio16
    • By Nikkio16 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Nikkio16
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016
    • 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016 6th Apr 16 at 10:26 AM
    Well... It's that time of year again!

Thought I'd start a thread after last years long wait for repayments, hopefully we will receive our repayments quicker this year????

So I've submitted mine today, 6th April at 8am. I will post updates as and when...
Page 39
    • Hydey5
    • By Hydey5 3rd May 17, 10:13 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hydey5
    How long and I waiting if it got issued today?
    • Daveyboy37
    • By Daveyboy37 3rd May 17, 10:29 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Daveyboy37
    Will be in the bank 2moro, possibly even late on tonight
    • Hydey5
    • By Hydey5 3rd May 17, 10:53 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hydey5
    Thanks mate
    • embear
    • By embear 3rd May 17, 1:22 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    embear
    Still pending. Just spoke on live chat again, still saying the same, security checks, everytime I've asked that if the checks are completed by the 11th may will It get issued and all said yes, until today when she said that it will take until the 11th to complete, Then I will hear back.

Has anybody who has been security checked had payment before the date they gave?

Thanks
    • Joebennett946
    • By Joebennett946 3rd May 17, 6:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joebennett946
    Yes I was also told this
    • mickthechip80
    • By mickthechip80 3rd May 17, 7:49 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mickthechip80
    I honestly think they just say anything to clear the enquiries I've been told the 11th may since it was submitted asked a different question today but still got the same answer except today I was told that it was literally passed to a different department today with no further explanation of where or anything yet the same timescale of the 11th may?????? :/
    • Adelyna12
    • By Adelyna12 3rd May 17, 9:44 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adelyna12
    Somebody field on 22 april this year?
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 4th May 17, 6:31 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    Just checked and still pending but has updated to say tax overdue?
    Obviously made an amendment which reduced initial amount down, which is the amount showing as overdue. How can they have sorted that but not processed payment? Also can't pay that until I receive my TR
    • kmcl
    • By kmcl 4th May 17, 8:17 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kmcl
    I also have an over payment due this morning too but it also says the initial payment is pending so hopefully that will sort itself out when the pending amount reduces.
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 4th May 17, 8:31 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    Thanks kmcl. Hopefully this is a sign things are progressing and should get our payments soon
    • kmcl
    • By kmcl 4th May 17, 10:48 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kmcl
    I hope so.
    • Annarach84
    • By Annarach84 4th May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Annarach84
    Mines ill showing as pending and spoke to them and they said they will contact me by 22nd may as being security checked? What does that mean and why the 22nd?
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 4th May 17, 3:35 PM
    • 1,752 Posts
    • 760 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    Looking at the comments on here the date is just a rolling one to get people off the phone for a few days.

No one seems to know what security checks are but this and the other thread suggests they are at least in part looking for daft errors people have made when filling in the tax return.
    • ajdodson
    • By ajdodson 9th May 17, 10:15 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ajdodson
    anyone know the difference between payment pending and bank transfer pending? seem to be waiting ages this year
    • kmcl
    • By kmcl 12th May 17, 7:00 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kmcl
    Is anyone else still pending?
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 12th May 17, 10:48 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    Yes we are
    • Gaba92
    • By Gaba92 12th May 17, 11:26 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gaba92
    Still pending
    • Wayne63
    • By Wayne63 12th May 17, 11:58 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wayne63
    Just spoke to them on phone as still pending. My figures didn't match theirs so they have sent out a letter to state that I have actually paid more tax than I stated in my return. So letter they are sending is to agree with the figures they have or disagree!!!!! So now awaiting letter to then ring them up and agree. They have all my information which is correct but my figures did not match theirs. So it's not that I haven't payed enough tax, it's because I've paid too much. Now the wait begins !!!!!
    • Gaba92
    • By Gaba92 19th May 17, 5:13 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gaba92
    Issue today ����☺️
    • kmcl
    • By kmcl 20th May 17, 10:16 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kmcl
    Still pending. I did excited this morning when I received an email informing me I had a message on my tax account but it was just a statement
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,474Posts Today

8,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm at the start of make up for the new character I'm doing today for my ITV show. Any guesses (no it's not Philip? https://t.co/uiuEPkGzId

• Thank you for covering the story - but also can i say - what a great name for the editor of Money Marketing! https://t.co/UcvQduTeJL

• Hurrah! The ASA's ruled against 2 fake Facebook ads using my image https://t.co/GvNrqDPOC5 tho Facebook still shows others

• Follow Martin