Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 6Thanks
    chalkeyav
    HMRC Repayment Pending
    • 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    HMRC Repayment Pending 13th Apr 15 at 9:30 AM
    Hi All,

Done my tax return on the 6/4/15, checked the status on the 07th and it was showing bank repayment pending thought Ild phone up and see as this is the first time iv done my return myself.

Was told by advisor it would be issued the 10th but nothing as if today, am i being to hastey or should I give them a call again.

Iv seen a few things about security checks if anybody can possibly enlighten me on this or if anybody else has any previous experience.

Thanks
Page 78
    • nickwestwood36
    • By nickwestwood36 16th May 17, 6:34 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickwestwood36
    Just joined the forum and i must say its nice everyone keeping each other updated. Let me update you with my tax refund journey.
    I did my self assessment on the 7th April, nothing had happened on the 17th April so i phoned them and the nice lady actioned the repayment and told me i would have the funds in three weeks at the latest. Nothing had been received by the 1st May so i phoned them back. I was then told that it had been sent to Edinburgh on the 21st April and they couldnt look into it until the 18th May. I phoned them back today and was told that it had gone for security checks and i had to wait until the 1st June. If i havent received the money by then, then i have to phone up on the 2nd June. The lady told me that Edinburgh are the ones that do the security checks. It is ridiculous, i have worked hard all year and paid 20% cis deductions every month to find i have to wait 8+ weeks for my tax repayment. My account has been saying repayment pending since 20th April. Is anybody else still waiting?
    • gordon74
    • By gordon74 16th May 17, 7:30 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gordon74
    I smell !!!!!!!! here..are you trying to set up someone for a scam? What number did you ring to glean this information from HMRC?
    • ajdodson
    • By ajdodson 16th May 17, 8:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ajdodson
    so mines been pending since April 20th. spoke today ain't I won't hear anything until the 23rd may as it's going through security. I'll either have the money or I won't. they will then write to me explaining what's going on.

helped do my brother in laws form last weekend and he has received it all today.
    • nickwestwood36
    • By nickwestwood36 16th May 17, 8:58 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickwestwood36
    Setting someone up for a scam???? I was just just letting people know what has happened to me upto now. I rang 0300 200 3310 and spoke to a lady who had just started there. Anyway, not taking !!!! off individuals on here, just trying to help.
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 16th May 17, 9:54 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 504 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    nick

Have you been back and looked at the details on the return you submitted? If you've read through a few pages of this thread and the other similar one you'll have noticed some common themes, particularly some people seem to struggle with concept of having to pay national insurance and have tried, possibly accidentally, to avoid paying the ni that was due on their business profits.
    • nickwestwood36
    • By nickwestwood36 17th May 17, 2:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickwestwood36
    Oh right, from my tax refund there have been deductions of class2 and 4 NI contributions when i did my SA. I had to wait this long last year for a smaller amount, i guess it will be paid when its paid.
    • Gaba92
    • By Gaba92 19th May 17, 5:12 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gaba92
    Mine issue today
    • Gaba92
    • By Gaba92 19th May 17, 5:57 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gaba92
    If Is issue when I get money? Tommorrow is saturday
    • nickwestwood36
    • By nickwestwood36 19th May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickwestwood36
    When did you submit your SA gaba?
    • Gaba92
    • By Gaba92 19th May 17, 10:34 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gaba92
    7th April, 6 weeks.
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 25th May 17, 4:24 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    My husband filed on 6th April and FINALLY received payment today
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,368Posts Today

6,228Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin